3M 8233 Mask
The 3M 8233 HEPA mask is a lightweight and durable face masks that feature maximum HEPA filter efficiency in a maintenance-free design. A cool ventilation valve reduces moisture and heat build-up which makes breathing easier. Adjustable, these masks contain no components made from natural rubber latex. This combined with 99.97% filtration of particles 0.3 microns or larger make this mask an ideal solution for anyone concerned with seasonal allergens, pet dander, mold spores or other common particle allergens. With a foam seal and adjustable nose piece, these HEPA respirators are convenient enough to take anywhere, all while offering the best personal filtration of particles available. Exceeds CDC recommended filtration level (N95) for protection against the spread of bacteria and influenza viruses. Dispose after 150 hours of use. One size fits most.
- Good for most things
- I have worn this mask for some time. It is great for dusting, etc. And, it is good for the larger pollens. It does not do so well for the smaller pollens such as ragweed. Better than nothing for smaller pollens but I am switching back to a HEPA for Spring and Fall outdoor pollens.
- Comfortable relief
- I've been delighted with this mask. It's very light and comfortable, and is helping me to get allergy relief while taking less allergy medicine.
- Best Mask for Allergies
- I purchased a mask from a different store and wasn't thrilled with the fit. I suffer from asthma needed something that would help with the dust trigger. This mask did an outstanding job secure fit and still allows comfort. I highly recommend this mask for others.
- Easy to use and wear
- This mask is much easier to use than the one with the big pink pads. I wore this mask to use the power blower on dusty, dirty exterior porches and patios. I forgot I had it on! I had a small mark on my cheek from the mask, but I think it happened when I scratched myself when I removed it I would recommend it for those with serious dust and pollen alleries.
- Excellent Product
- I am highly allergic to mold. My worksite recently went without AC for three weeks during very hot and humid conditions. When the AC came back on, I started getting sick and the discovered mold in the building which they are in the process of cleaning up. This mask makes it possible for me to breathe and function at my job.
- Allergy Induced Asthma
- Mask is very comfortable easy to wear all day while cutting lawn and working outside. Pulmonist suggested, noticing difference in protecting from allergens. Price is right.
- good mask for big nose
- Great mask for me considering the size of my nose. Works as advertised. easy to breathe, doesn't fog my glasses, good seal. Only problem is my nose. the metal piece across the bridge as well as the seal are helpful but i must still stuff cotton under the seal to completely prevent air from escaping/entering near my eyes. my fault for having a big nose, but i had hoped the seal would be a little better suited to any type of nose. overall i love the mask and will buy more.
- good mask
- The mask is comfortable. It is well designed and seals around the face well unlike the cheaper versions. I think it is a good option for those who have very bad allergies or asthma.
- Easy to get used to
- This mask worked great for my 82-year-old grandmother. Easy to use over her oxygen tube.
- 3M Allergy Mask/Respirator
- I had gotten to the point that every time I mowed my lawn, I would suffer so much with my allergies, it wasn't worth it. A close friend recommended I look for an allergy mask and give that a try. I couldn't find anything locally that had a respirator, and with my allergies and a tendancy towards stuffiness, I needed to be able to "breathe" easily with a mask. Incredible! Other than the fact the mask was a little warm, I was able to breathe freely, and it was very comfortable, and very easy to adjust and custom fit around my nose. But most importantly, I had NO allergy reactions after mowing my lawn.
- it does the job
- If I work outside, housework inside, spray for bugs, anything like that, I am miserable for days afterwards. Turns out I am allergic to all the pollens, trees, grasses, most weeds, dustmites, oral allergy syndrome... I might look funny in my mask & glasses but at least now I feel better afterwards as long as I still shower almost immediately.
- Enjoying the outside world year round again
- First let me say I am 83 years old and in the past I have had a lot of troubles with allergies, but I was young enough to shake them off and keep going. However, in the past few years there were times in the year when I was essentially stuck in the house. Recently I tried the 3M 8233 mask and it has allowed me to work outside in my raised bed garden plots. I can do things like walk in the city park and my neighborhood without setting off my allergies. The mask fits well, looks nice and clean, is light weight, lets me breath freely, and doesn’t fog up my sun glasses. Another nice thing for someone living on a fixed income is that the price is very reasonable and the mask is comfortable to wear. Today I pulled some of my Silver Queen corn from my garden while the tassels were still no through shedding. Then I shucked and cleaned the silk from the corn, and threw the shucks and silks into my mulch area. Normally this would have set off my allergies, but today none of that occurred because I was wearing my mask. Bob M. In Quaint Little Fairhope, AL
- 8293 Masks
- I ordered two of the 8293 masks for my two sons. One has asthma and the mask allows him to mow the grass and be outside in his yard. The other son cleans houses and apartments and there is a lot of dust. The mask allows him to clean without inhaling dust and causing him to have allergies and colds.
- 3 M mask
- The product arrived quickly, and is definitely a quality product. used it while mowing the lawn and it worked very well. no sneezing, coughing. works awesome. The only minor problem is while wearing eyeglasses I have to adjust it down a few time, but hey it does what its suppose too and that's what's most important to me. You are a great company and have outstanding products. Thank you. If you have any advice as to the minor issue I mentioned It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.
- So glad I found AchooAllergy
- I have been sick with allergy induced sinus infections for months. I literally could not clean my own home without getting sick. Any type of cleaning products plus mold and pollen caused me lots of allergy and sinus problems. I tried using some inexpensive paper type masks that I bought at a local store but they were uncomfortable, scratchy and absolutely useless. I was glad I stumbled on your website. Then based on the great information you provided online I order the 3M 8293 mask. It's been a life saver and it's wonderful to get my house clean and work outside without any adverse affects. The masks are comfortable and they work, they just simply work. I haven't had any sinus problems or allergy symptoms since using them. I'm very, very happy. I finally have the right mask for my needs at a price point I can afford. Thank you for carrying this product.
- 3M Hepa Mask
- Ordered 2 of the hepa masks! Work really well and fit over the face nice and seal really well! I havent had anymore trouble with dust issues now when I clean. I would highly recommend them!!
- Hepa 3M Masks
- Wonderful product! Covers the face very well and does the job. Better than any mask I have ever used. Highly recommend!
- Great solution
- I am allergic to cats and usually I must avoid any exposure. My son has two cats and was scheduled for back surgery. I booked a hotel for the first 4 days after his surgery, but still had to go into his house to care for his cats. The mask saved me from experiencing the breathing allergies I have to cats. I was able to go into his house to take care of the cats without suffering the breathing issues/asthma attack I usually get for just being in a house with a cat. I would definitely recommend.
- 3M Masks to the Rescue
- When I began having allergic reactions just prior to the holiday, I looked to ACHOO Allergy to order some 3M masks that would eliminate dust and mold as the culprits. The order arrived quickly and helped rescue me from my environment.
Write Your Own Review
3M 8233 HEPA Respirator
As a semi-disposable face mask, the 3M 8233 HEPA respirator is excellent at filtering particles, allergens, and other harmful airborne pollutants. Soft yet durable, both feature an adjustable strap and seal well around nearly any size of face. For anyone dealing with allergies, asthma, COPD, or those concerned with the spread of airborne viruses and bacteria, these are ideal allergy masks that remove 99.97% of all particles 0.3 microns or larger.
What I like about the 3M 8233 Mask
First and foremost, the filtration of this mask is superb. It offers true HEPA filtration which means no matter what the task, it will perform well. I've used them while sanding and cutting wood, raking leaves, grinding out old shower grout and a variety of other tasks around the house and have always been pleased with the performance. For people with allergies, the HEPA filtration will provide "as good as it gets" filtration of common allergens like dander, pollen, dust, and mold spores.
The 3M 8233 HEPA respirator exceeds the CDC's recommended N95 rating to help reduce the spread of viruses like the Avian Flu, H1N1, and SARS. N95 masks filter 95% of particles 0.3 microns or larger, but each of these masks exceeds that, so whether you're traveling and worried about the flu or have a compromised immune system and are trying to avoid illness, this will provide much needed protection from germs, bacteria, and viruses.
The 8233 respirator is very lightweight. It's light enough and small enough that I can take it nearly anywhere. I keep several at the house for chores and projects while storing another in a bag in center console of my truck. Storage is easy and even though they are technically considered a disposable mask, you can get a good deal of usage out of each.
Unlike hospital/surgical masks and cheaper masks, the 8233 mask seal well around your face. A soft flexible seal lines the inner portion of the mask, and when tightened with the adjustable straps, it conforms to the contours of your face. The only possible problem you would have would be the same problem many men have with masks and respirators - facial hair. For the best seal, you need to make sure you have those whisker shaved.
Though not as cheap as a standard N95 mask, the cost, compared to use and filtration, make the 3M HEPA mask well worth the added expense. You can reuse it several times before you finally need to replace it.
What I did not like about the 3M 8233 Mask
I only have one complaint with this mask, but it is the same complaint I have with nearly every mask or respirator. It can be warm if you wear it for extended periods of time. I've had to use similar masks at past jobs for hours at a time, in a fairly warm environment, (we were installing kaowool - ceramic fiber insulation - in an industrial ceramic kiln). Using the mask for that long in the warmer temperatures did make my face sweat, but it was small price to pay for keep the insulation and microscopic shards of glass out of my lungs!
Overall, I would highly recommend this ask to anyone who wants HEPA style filtration of particles or pathogens. If you're worried about the flu, are sensitive to common allergens, or simply want the best protection on a dusty/dirty job site, you really can't go wrong with this mask. If you need protection from all of this PLUS oil based particulate or aerosols, consider the sister-mask, the <a href="http://www.achooallergy.com/3m-8293-mask/">3M 8293</a>. Each mask is free of latex and fits nearly anyone with ease. While not as slim fitting as other masks, both are quality dust and allergy masks at a very reasonable price.