Boneco/Air-O-Swiss 7146 Travel Humidifier
One of the few truly portable small humidifiers, the Boneco Air-O-Swiss 7146 is a lightweight solution to dry air wherever you go. This compact, travel humidifier will fit in a travel bag, most purses or briefcases, or simply in your pocket. There are no tanks to fill. Instead, you insert into the unit a 16-20 oz. water bottle that you can purchase nearly anywhere. Then, you plug in the 7146 and enjoy hydrated, healthy air anywhere you may be.
While at work, visiting family or simply traveling, the Boneco Air-O-Swiss 7146 is the perfect solution for dry air wherever you go. When you are finished, wipe the unit down before storing. Most bottled water is distilled or purified, but if sediment or mineral buildup is a concern EZCal Cleaner will work just as well with the 7146 as with any Boneco Air-O-Swiss humidifier.
Check out the Boneco Air-O-Swiss 7146 Portable Humidifier on the Dr. Oz Show Holiday Gift Guide.
- Lightweight design to take it everywhere with you
- Travel bag included for your convenience
- Auto Shut-off and empty indicator
- Mist output control
- Transcontinental AC adaptor and exchangeable plugs
- Ultra Quiet
- Ideal for use at home, in the office, or while traveling
- Swiss Made
- Three year warranty
Air-O-Swiss 7146 Humidifier Specifications
- Main Voltage: 100 - 240 V / 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 15 W
- Weight: 0.7 lbs (empty)
- Size Dimensions: 4.4" x 2.6" x 3.2
- Recommended bottle size (not included): 17oz / 0.5 liter (or smaller)
- Humidity Output: up to 1 gallon a day
- Tank Capacity: ≈17 oz. (.5 L)
- Offset Indoor Heat
- Winter indoor hear has always been a problem for my sinuses. Many mornings I would wake with a headache and bleeding sinuses. Since I started using the Air O Swiss travel humidifier, the indoor heat is not a problem. I love my humidifier so much that I have given two as gifts. There is little to no maintenance of the travel model because you use a clean water bottle every night. When I wake in the morning, I let the cool mist lubricate my eyes and face. It feels wonderfully refreshing, and it may just ward off a wrinkle or two to boot.
- Great product and fast delivery
- Great for hotel/motel room
- During harvest time I really suffer especially when the furnace runs. This little gem was just the answer for my week away from home. I found if it is placed on a sturdy shelf, or table with the outriggers out, a 2 liter bottle worked great although not recommended. Otherwise I was getting up during the night to refill the 20 oz. bottle. Highly recommended. I am using it at home now prior to getting the whole house humidifier going.
- Great Find
- A really simple and effective way to humidify your bedroom at night. I have used a number of warm and cool mist humidifiers before, but this one is by far the easiest to keep clean and use. It's almost noise-free too, a nice plus for those who sleep light.
- Marla in Ohio
- I am in hotels about eight to ten days per month and always have had sinus trouble. I have used this little humidifier at night and it makes a difference. Fits in my carry-on luggage as well.
Write Your Own Review
Boneco/Air-O-Swiss 7146 Travel Humidifier
The Boneco 7146 Ultrasonic Humidifier is one of our few, true travel humidifiers. The unit itself weighs less than 1 pound and would fit into most purses, briefcases or handbags with ease. It is built for use with nearly any of the 16-20 oz. water bottles you see and use every day. Simply screw in the water bottle, plug the unit in, and sit back as the 7146 delivers cool mist humidity. And as long as you have enough water bottles, this unit will put a gallon of water back into the air over a 24 hour period.
The 7146 Travel is an ultrasonic humidifier. The ultrasonic vibrations that actually create the mist work to destroy the cell walls of bacteria and other microbes. This feature makes Air-O-Swiss humidifiers some of the most hygienic on the market today.
What I like about the Boneco/Air-O-Swiss 7146 Travel Humidifier
Portability is key with this unit. You never have to worry about it not fitting into your bags since this humidifier isn't bulky or large. The AOS 7146 is also super convenient. Since you can use it with nearly any size water bottle, this ultrasonic humidifier can literally go anywhere with you. And, with both European and American style plug adapters, use is not restricted to traditional American 110 V outlets. Traveling abroad? No problem!
While there is not much to this unit, it works well while you are on the go. This small humidifier is compact and even comes with a small travel pouch. When the water bottle runs out, the units shuts itself off and has an empty indicator. The 7146 is nearly silent and uses very little energy. The stabilizing legs are also an important feature. They were a must-use and very helpful feature when I tested it.
What I do not like about the BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS 7146 Travel Humidifier
Obviously, as a small humidifier, the capacity of the Air-O-Swiss 7146 is small. Though over the course of a day it can put up to one full gallon of moisture back into the air.
After testing this model I do recommend that you set the unit somewhere stable where there is little chance of it being knocked over. With such a small profile, the 7146 is not as stable as a traditional humidifier.
In all, the Boneco 7146 is a very economical unit that is perfect for allergy or asthma sufferers or people with sinus problems who travel frequently. The unit is extremely compact and is simple to operate. Simply plug in a bottle of water, and you're all set.
Boneco/Air-O-Swiss 7146 Travel Humidifier Additional Resources
Air-O-Swiss 7146 Humidifier User Manual
Humidifier Buying Guide
Top Five Compact Humidifiers
Top Five Cool Mist Humidifiers
Benefits of Home Humidification
Humidifier Maintenance Guide
Effects of Humidity on the Human Body