Boneco/Air-O-Swiss 7147 Ultrasonic Humidifier
As a versatile and easy-to-use warm mist or cool mist humidifier, you won't find many humidifiers that work as efficiently as the BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS 7147 Ultrasonic humidifier. Not only can you set the7147 to emit either a cool or warm humidifying mist, but this humidifier also comes equipped with an array of features that make it hygienic but convenient.
Soft-touch controls and an internal hygrostat allow you to set your desired humidity level and see the current humidity in the room with only a glance at the LCD display. Quality components like a titanium coated diaphragm ensure years of lasting service, and each piece is carefully constructed to create a humidifier that will put moisture back into the air in your home while soothing dry sinuses and skin.
As some of the most hygienic and safest humidifiers available, Boneco humidifiers use an included Hydro Cell, Ag+ demineralization cartridge and ultrasonic vibrations to reduce hard mineral content and clean the water while keeping microbes in check. The result is a home humidifier that not only lasts longer but is extremely efficient at creating a comfortable indoor relative humidity level. Best for midsize rooms, the BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS 7147 humidifier is an easy choice for anyone coping with dry indoor conditions any time of the year.
- High daily output, up to 3.5 gallons per day
- Dual, warm mist and cool mist humidifier
- Optional preheat function (heats water to 176° F) as well as Sleep and Automatic Modes (Intelligent Temperature Compensation - ITC)
- The Hydro Cell, Ultrasonic Vibrations & Demineralization Cartridge work to capture minerals and destroy microbes in the water before they are dispersed into the air
- An ionic silver treated demineralization cartridge works to kill microbes in the reservoir
- Integrated humidity gauge & Dual Mist Output Regulator
- Empty and Clean Tank Indicators
- Ultrasonic diaphragm has a titanium membrane for greater durability
- Compact, lightweight design
- Transparent water tank
- Quiet operation
- Energy efficient
- Three year warranty
Air-O-Swiss 7147 Humidifier Specifications
- Main Voltage: 120 V / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 40 W (125 W - Preheating Mode)
- Weight: 6.6 lbs (empty)
- Size Dimensions: 9.5" x 10.3" x 12.2"
- Area Coverage: suitable for rooms up to 650 square feet
- Humidity Output: up to 3.5 gallons a day
- Tank Capacity: 1.35 Gal. (5 L)
- Noise Level: < 25 dBa
- Accessories: Hydro Stick and Demineralization cartridge
- Excellent quality, only a few minor annoyances
- I originally purchased this to add some humidity to the house during the winter, and later repurposed it for the baby's room when we started a family. It's really easy to refill the tank, and recharging the demineralization cartrdge is fairly easy as well despite the seemingly daunting 28 steps on the included instructions. It's rugged, quiet, energy efficient, and it puts out a lot of moisture. We have a cheapie warm mist humidifier as well, and the moisture output seems several times higher from the Air-O-Swiss. It has a lot of options which I seldom use. I really like that it monitors the humidity- that feature alone is worth the price premium. I've had mold growth using other humidifiers, but not with this one. The touch controls are still functional after more than 2 years, beating out several smart phones, an iPad, and a stove for reliability. Complaints are that it doesn't remember the humidity setting when you shut it off though it does when you refill. If you don't shut it off when you refill, it can turn on and make quite a mess. It builds up condensation on the flat underside of the tank, so you have to let that drain for a few seconds when removing. There's no indicator for when the demineralization cartridge and ion stick quit functioning, but it's easy to notice the mineral and bacteria buildup form rapidly when they do. There's no scheduling function, though there is a sleep timer. The new style ion stick is not nearly as good as the old style. Finally, the warm steam function really doesn't work at all... it's simply slightly less cool mist. All in all, I'm very pleased with this humidifier. In a central location, it effectively humidified the entire house in the winter, going through 2 water tanks a day. In the baby's room, running only at night, it uses a tank every 2-4 days. My recommendations, if you buy this, are: 1 Buy some scrap silver pre-1965 dimes and tuck them behind the ion stick. Works better and is cheaper than ordering a replacement ion stick 2 For warm steam, fill the tank with hot water in addition to turning on the heater 3 Rotate the bottom steam vent backwards pointing toward the handle and pull up to remove when cleaning the machine. This space houses a ton of bacteria and mineral buildup 4 I use CLR foam to dissolve minerals, and bleach to kill the bacteria when I clean the unit. I've never needed to clean the tank itself, only the base.
- Very nice product
- We bought this product as it was widely reviewed as one of the best in its class. We are very happy with the purchase. It is too soon to tell how much maintenance it will require, so for the moment I can only give 4 stars.
Write Your Own Review
BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS 7147 Ultrasonic Humidifier
Sitting squarely in the middle of the BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS line of home humidifiers, the AOS 7147 is a medium sized ultrasonic humidifier with full digital controls, a high moisture output, and solid reputation as a durable home humidifier. You can set the 7147 to emit either cool mist or, with the preheat function, a warm mist that puts moisture back in the air to combat the effects of dry winter air in your home. For many, forced air heating systems dry out the air to the point that it can damage furniture, while causing dry or cracked nasal passages, a sore throat, dry skin and even aggravate eczema. With an efficient 7147 humidifier you can reduce the effects of dry air and keep your indoor climate comfortable. After testing the new Air-O-Swiss 7147 ultrasonic humidifier, this is what we found.
What I like about the BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS 7147 Ultrasonic Humidifier
So what do I mean by medium or mid-size humidifier? Two things. First, the 7147 is lightweight and compact. It's small enough to fit on end tables or wherever you want to place it, and it's light enough to move whenever needed. Second, the tank capacity is just over 1.3 gallons. So while it has a larger capacity than many of the smaller humidifiers out there, it is not as large as the most robust Air-O-Swiss humidifier available.
Despite the size, it actually performs very well. Over a full day, provided you keep the tank full, it will put up to 3.5 gallons of moisture back into the air in your home. Except in the most severe situation, this is enough to relief the itching, scratching, coughing, and other symptoms that dry indoor air can cause. In terms of performance, this better than comparable brands.
The digital features are very similar to those featured in the latest humidifiers introduced by BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS. The 7147 offers full digital controls that allow you to set a relative humidity point while giving you the current rH reading of the room via an easily read LCD display. The display also shows you when the humidifier needs to be cleaned and when the tank needs to be refilled. Sleep and Auto (using ITC) modes allow the unit to function independently based on your desired humidity settings, and a preheat indicator lets you know when you are using the 7147 as a warm mist or cool mist humidifier. Overall, the controls give you much greater versatility and precision than the manual version of this humidifier, the 7145.
Like other BONECO ultrasonic humidifiers, the 7147 uses a combined approach to ensure your humidifier is hygienic and safe to use. The ultrasonic nature of this device uses high frequency vibrations to turn water in a mist, and it is these same vibrations that can also break down the cell walls of microbes. Combined with this, AIR-O-SWISS humidifiers use a Hydro Cell that contains activated carbon to filter the water. The demineralization cartridge housing is also treating with ionic silver while the cartridge itself traps minerals like lime, calcium and other hard water minerals. Lastly, the preheat process heats the water to 176° F instead of boiling the water like traditional warm mist humidifiers, so there is no chance of burns should the unit be knocked over or spilled. All of these features work together to reduce mineral build up while controlling microbe growth and create a very safe, easy-to-use humidifier.
The dual mist feature and output make these humidifiers a great fit for most homes. With the dual mist, the BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS 7147 gives you the option to either preheat the water where it comes out of the unit at just over 100° F or use the standard cool mist function where the mist being emitted will be slightly less than room temperature. The output is sufficient for most homes where you want to keep the rH between 45-55%, without having to refill the tank more than once or twice a day. Should you require more moisture in the air, the 7147 is capable of pushing the rH of most rooms up over 60% with ease.
The materials and construction of some of the best quality, and from our perspective, we received nearly no complaints or returns on these humidifiers. The three year warranty exceeds most offered by the industry and provides peace of mind should anything go wrong with your humidifier.What I do not like about the BONECO/AIR-O-SWISS 7147 Ultrasonic Humidifier
The capacity of the tank may be a drawback for some. While the overall output can be quite high, this will likely mean refilling the tank 1-3 times per day. Aside from this, I don't have many complaints with this model.
In all, the BONECO 7147 humidifier is a great way to relieve symptoms associated with dry air in your home. This ultrasonic humidifier is easy to use and maintain and gives you a variety of options and settings to customize this unit to meet your specific humidification needs. The 7147 is durable and lightweight, easily moved to any room and fits with nearly any decor. The performance is on par with the best in the industry, and the quality far exceeds that of models commonly found in big box retailers.
Boneco/Air-O-Swiss 7147 Ultrasonic Humidifier Additional Resources
Air-O-Swiss 7147 Humidifier User's Manual
Air-O-Swiss 7147 Setup Guide
Humidifier Buying Guide
Top Five Ultrasonic Humidifiers
Top Five Warm Mist Humidifiers
Benefits of Home Humidification
Humidifier Maintenance Guide
Effects of Humidity on the Human Body