Allergy Armor Advanced Mattress CoversStrong as armor and soft as silk, Allergy Armor Advanced debuted as the original Allergy Armor fabric in 2006. After five years helping allergy sufferers rid their mattresses of dust mites, we were not satisfied with the progress of technology in the allergy relief bedding market, so we designed and created our own fabric. Four years of research and development went into the design, production, and testing of Allergy Armor allergy relief bedding.Compared to Allergy Armor Ultra, Allergy Armor Advanced offers the same level of luxurious comfort; however, Allergy Armor Advanced has an average pore size of 6 microns, whereas Allergy Armor Ultra has an average pore size of 2.8 microns. Therefore, while both fabrics provide complete protection against dust mite allergen, Allergy Armor Ultra offers better protection against smaller allergens like cat dander.
- The Original Allergy Armor
- Soft, Cool & Luxurious Microfiber
- Breathable Membrane-Free Fabric
- Average Pore Size of 6 microns
- 100% Polyester Zippered Encasing
- Advanced Protection against Dust Mites, Mold & Other Allergens
- Antimicrobial Finish Guards against Stains, Bacteria & Mold
- Durable & Long-Lasting Allergy Relief with a Lifetime Warranty
- Easy to put on
- It was very easy to slide this cover onto the mattress all by myself. I was recently diagnosed with allergies and have noticed a difference right away after encasing the mattress.
- a little noisy
- I'm sure they do the job they are supposed to do. THe only problem I'm seeing is that they make our bed a little noisy which I do not like. :
- Great for mattress !
- I purchased this for a new mattress purchase and have been highly satisfied since. It is a wonderful product, reasonably priced and very comfortable !
- Easy and effective
- Was very easy to get over the mattress. Quiet, comfortable. Would not know that it was on. Haven't had it long enough to tell if it will make an impact on my allergies.
- Comfortable bedding
- I've purchased this bedding before and am getting a new one. I've slept on these for sheets without the need to put anything on top of them. They're quite comfortable. They're not the easiest to put onto the mattress, but I'm a small woman and managed it on my own.
- 5-star relief.....
- I bought the Allergy Armor Advanced mattress and pillow encasements along with a vinyl mattress encasement. This is an exception value and has given me much relief. I am breathing so much better at night and do not get up sneezing each morning. This is amazing fabric so cool and comfortable. I have had these encasements 3 weeks and have washed the pillow covers. They are still just as effective as when new. I would recommend this to anyone with allergies and asthma.
- Dust must protection!
- I am allergic to dust mites, so we needed some covers for our new king sized mattress. Loved these they went on easy and are very durable. They make no sound when moving around at night. We put our old queen sized covers on the guest room bed even though it is a full rather than a queen, it still worked with a little tucking in. Also bought the box spring covers and pillow protectors. Would recommend to everyone.
- Just What an Allergy Sufferer Needs
- When I found out I was allergic to dust mites I ordered a set of Allergy Armor Advanced for all the beds in my house, and we've been happy with the quality and the performance. I no longer wake up all congested in the morning. The material is reasonably soft, and I don't really notice that our pillows or mattress have the cover in place
- Works and good customer service
- I think these are working. It arrived and there was a rip at one seam, but they sent a replacement very quickly with a return label enclosed for the other one.
- Well-made and worth it!
- This mattress cover is very soft, perfectly comfortable and fits like a glove. My mattress and a foam pad are about 10-11" thick yet this mattress cover doesn't bunch up or slide at all.
- Excellent material and construction
- We decided to encase both beds completely for allergy protection, and after searching online and in stores, decided on this site for its breadth of offerings. I bought the Advanced for all the pillows and mattresses and the Vinyl for the box springs. The fit was excellent, and very easy to install not what I have experienced with other brands and the feel of the material was pleasant. Only the twin box spring was a unexpectedly tight fit. Our queen mattress is 13" tall, but the 15" cover did neatly tuck underneath, and does not wrinkle, which had caused me some concern beforehand. The zippers are well-made, and the construction is over all very good quality. I have a great deal more confidence in our bedding, and the ability to control dust and allergens in both bedrooms. I'm very happy with this purchase.
- Great cover, no regrets
- Bought a 12" Queen Allergy Armor Advanced for my new Sealy Posturepedic Harbor House firm mattress. I had measured my mattress as 10" tall, and the 12" AA Advanced fit perfectly! I put my sheets on, and cannot even feel the mattress cover underneath. Very comfortable, better than the plastic lined mattress covers I saw in stores. Would buy again, I am looking forward to reporting to the durability of this mattress cover.
- Highly recommended by my top-ranked allergist
- My allergist who is a clinician at a prestigious university, insisted that I have my mattress covered and gave me the achoo allergy leaflets for this product.
- Great cover!
- This mattress cover is exactly what my son needed to take to college to cover his bed. Who knows what is in his mattress? He is allergic to everything, but wants to be comfortable--this was the perfect solution.
- Great Mattress Cover
- This was a great mattress cover, but I had to return it because the measurement advice given is incorrect. I'm still waiting for Achoo to process my return so that I can buy a new one. They have been slow in processing this return. Measure your mattresses edge, do not include the additional height that rises above the finished edge in your selection or your mattress cover will be massive. The fabric is lovely and very breathable, great for hot Texas nights.
- does the job perfectly
- I have used many different allergy covers, and this is by far the best. Sturdy, clean, as soft as allergy bedding can be though I wouldn't go as far as to call it 'silk'. My favorite part is definitely how easy it was to put on. I usually find allergy mattress covers to be impossible for one person to put on, but this one was a cinch. My breathing is noticeably better and my sleep is fantastic!
- Allergy Armor Advanced Mattress
- I bought this mattress cover for our new mattress, mainly to protect it from anything that would cause more allergens in our bedroom. I can't tell you how pleased I am with the product! The day I got it, I washed it with Allersearch Allergen wash and attempted to put in on our mattress. It was so easy to do myself - and I am all of 5'2 and 103 pounds! I also bought the duvet cover and pillow covers. They ALL have made a difference! I used to wake up every morning with a stuffed nose. Now I wake up with a clear head and have been able to get a good night's sleep every night since I put these on our bed. I would highly recommend this mattress cover!
- Great Fit!
- Just installed this mattress cover, very impressed with the fit. It appears to be exactly as advertised. Looking forward to a great night's sleep.
- Comfortable, Cozy Protection
- We love our mattress cover! The soft fabric keeps our body temperature comfortable. No squeaky noises keep us up as we toss and turn all night long. The 15" is perfect to place overtop of the large pillowtop mattress. Glides right over for easy installation and regular laundering. I recommend this product to everyone. No more sneezes or stuffy heads at night for us!
- Comfortable as a fitted sheet
- I purchased an Allergy Armor Advanced mattress cover to bring with me to school. When I first arrived, I had some trouble finding fitted sheets, and so I ended up sleeping right on the mattress cover. It was totally fine and comfortable - I wouldn't have known it wasn't a sheet. The only hassle is that the zipper only extends along one short end of the mattress. I have seen other allergy mattress covers or box spring cover zippers that extend the length of the mattress so that they are easier to put on. Still, putting on this mattress cover was fine, and I was able to do it by myself. Having the mattress cover and duvet cover made me feel much better about the used mattress and duvet in my student dorm room!
- great mattress cover
- I had previously purcahsed a mattress cover from another company for my son's bed. This one is much nicer. I cant tell its on the bed when I'm in it, becuase it is soft, not stiff, like others. This is a great product at a good price
- Easy to install - even on a KING mattress
- I credit this mattress cover with the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. I procrastinated in ordering a cover for my king size mattress because I feared how difficult it would be to encase such a huge mattress. This one went on easily and fit like a glove. Bye-bye dust mites -- hello clear sinuses!
- feel good!!
- Allergy Armor Advanced Mattress Covers is good for me. it's very comfortable.
- Protecting our guests
- We operate an inn on Vancouver Island. We purchased mattress covers to protect our guests from allergy producing dust mites (and to protect our investment in new beds.
- Allergy Armor Advanced
- Haven't had a chance to use this for more than a couple days so far, but seems to be a well-made cover--I wouldn't say it's soft as silk, but the fabric is smooth, densely woven, and looks like it will hold up a long time. The 12" depth accomodated my new 12 1/2" mattress without a problem. I don't usually buy antibacterial products, but did in this case because it's not chemically treated--I have dogs who nap on the bed.
- Mattress Cover
- I put the mattress cover on my king size bed, got new pillows and encasings and am sleeping much better. These products work to make you more comfortable.
- Mattress encasing - armor
- Woke up the next morning less congested after the first use.
- Excellent quality
- The allergy armour feels solid enough that you know it will protect, yet soft & breathable so it isn't adding discomfort or bulk to your mattress. Easy construction allowed me to put it on a california king bed by myself!
- I DID RESEARCH AND SPOKE TO MY DOCTOR AND FOUND OUT THAT A MATTRESS IN 10 YEARS GETS ABOUT 10 YEARS HEAVIER BECAUSE OF DUST MITE ORGANISMS AND THERE WASTE. HE MENTIONED THE BEST IS ALLERGY ARMOR WHICH WILL SHIELD YOU FROM ALL THEIR DAMAGES. SLIPPED IT ON AND THE PAST WEEK I HAVE HAD IT HAS BEEN BLISSFUL SINCE I DID NOT WAKE UP WITH ALLERGIES IN THE MORNING. TAKING LESS MEDICINE AND FEELING MORE ENERGIZED. THANKS ALLERGY ARMOR
- great cover cheap zipper
- Delivers as promised. Once the cover is on the bed, I can't tell its there. Very comfortable. Had used cheaper covers in the past and I can feel (and hear the difference) Zipper is so fragile when slipping on cover. I had a second person helping and still the zipper clasp broke like bending a paperclip. Fortunately a pair of pliars helped bend the clasp back and put the zipper back on track. The warning needs to be stronger on the invoice. Maybe a special insert. Only 4 stars because of the fragile zipper.
- Clean Air Allergy Bedding Review
- As a night sweater, I really appreciate a mattress cover and pillow cover that's water- and allergen-proof! The King Clean Air Bedding package is a GREAT deal. On the invoice, though, you should spell out the package contents. When I saw the line for the Free Pillow Cover, I wasn't sure that was in addition to the 2 covers that come with the package. Otherwise, no complaints. Speedy delivery. I am very happy and already notice a difference in my sleep and my allergy symptoms after 1 week's use.
- Allergy Armor Pillow Encasings
- very nice and soft
- Kill them at the breeding ground
- The poor dust mites never stood a chance after I bought the Allergy Armor Advanced matress cover (along with pillow covers and a duvet encasing). I sleep like a baby now, and have had nightly allergies for nearly 20 years. I didn't know what I was missing. I am a new, rested man now. And for a bonus point, I paid for the set using my medical flex spending plan. I just showed them the emailed invoice and had a reimbursement check before the product was even delivered. Outstanding!!!
- Performs as expected in a difficult size
- The best thing for our family about finding achoo!allergy is that, finally, after six years, I have found this product--an extra-long twin mattress cover in a DEEP size! We can't get a real king bed up our narrow stairs in our old house. We bought two extra long twins to push together and make up as a king--they add up to the same size. However, I have dust allergies, and in the six years since we bought our bed, I've never found impervious covers to fit these mattresses. I had to go with a King size cover, which makes it really, really hard to flip the mattresses as one is supposed to do to prolong their life. I discovered my allergies 12 years ago and have been covering my mattresses and pillows ever since. Allergy Armor covers equal or exceed the quality of all the other covers I have used, plus they are finally offering those hard-to-find sizes some of us need. What a relief to know that, when the time comes for my little kids to go to college, there should be options like this product to fit those dorm-room beds!
- Good for Me bad for Zyrtec
- Iâ€™m a long time allergy sufferer. Dust mites, dogs, cats, pollen, mold spores, you name it! Dogs, cats, mold spores can be controlled or avoided, pollen is seasonal. I spend 6 hours a day in contact with my pillow and mattress, and so exposed to millions of dust mites, generations of their body parts, and their droppings. This product is a practical way to reduce dust mite exposure! Very comfortable! It feels like a crisp clean new sheet. But best of all I wake up able to breath through both nostrils, and My wife sleeps better because I donâ€™t snore any where near as much. No bed time sneezing fits. Iâ€™ll probably still need Zyrtec during peak Hay fever seasons, But at $2 a pill my 4 Allergy Armor king pillow cases and king mattress cover will pay for themselves in 3 months. But most of all, I feel much better.
- sleep comfort
- Very comfortable mattress cover. Gives allergy relief but feels like a cotten mattress cover. Very good product.
- Didn't know I needed this...but what a difference!
- We had an allergy cover on our old mattress, but when we upgraded to a new bed we didn't bother getting a new one, so we've been sleeping without allergy mattress protection for the past four years (we only had allergy pillow covers). However, we decided on a whim recently to get a new one, and the Advanced is great! We didn't have any problem getting it on the mattress, and didn't feel it under the sheets - it's soft, and noiseless. And the best part - the morning after our first night on it, I woke up with a TOTALLY CLEAR NOSE! What a difference. I'm usually really stuffed up in the morning - it was a welcome change! My only hesitation in buying this was the anti-microbial protection - I find anti-microbial fabric a really creepy concept, and it seems unnecessary in a mattress cover (if it's dirty enough to be teeming with microbes underneath your sheets, just wash it, you know?) - but that is my only complaint about the Advanced mattress cover. It certainly does what it's supposed to do!
- Really love these
- We ordered one for each bed - queen size. They were here in no time and got them on our mattresses easily. I have definitely been waking up feeling so much less stuffiness!
- It definitely works--and is comfortable, too
- I'd really begun to notice the dust mites in my mattress bothering me. When I got the mattress cover, I was surprised at how easy it slipped on, yet how well it fit. It's quite comfortable-you hardly know it's there, but I noticed a difference with my allergies the very first night I used the mattress cover.
- Better morning!
- The mattress cover made an instant difference in the way I feel when I wake up. My head is not as stuffy when I wake up.
- Allergy Armor Advanced Mattress Cover
- This cover was sent out fast. It has help me get some sleep.
- sleep better
- Since I started using this product with the pillow covers, I am sleeping better through the night. For those who spend their nights sneezing and blowing their nose rather than sleeping, this product is definitely a solution! I feel better rested in the morning.
Write Your Own Review
Allergy Armor Advanced Allergy Bedding
I have waited a long time to test the Allergy Armor Advanced allergy relief mattress and pillow covers. We began talking about creating our own fabric over four years ago. Seeing and feeling the actual fabric gives us a great sense of pride. Now for the actual sleep test.
I was lucky because I was randomly chosen to review Allergy Armor Advanced. It has created a buzz in our office and everyone is excited to finally be able to offer it to our customers. Whether you are allergic to dust mites or not, using an Allergy Armor Advanced allergy relief mattress cover will make your mattress last longer, and you will sleep better.
What I like about Allergy Armor Advanced
Positives - Quiet, comfortable, very hard to notice that they were even there. Lifetime warranty.
What I did not like about Allergy Armor Advanced
Negatives - More expensive, cumbersome to install like all allergy relief mattress covers.
I had my wife help me remove our AllerSoft mattress cover from our bed which we had been using for over three years. Unfortunately, no matter what type of allergy relief mattress cover you chose, installing it is the hardest part, especially with larger size mattresses (and ours is a king). We took the mattress off the bed, removed the AllerSoft mattress cover, and slipped on the Allergy Armor Advanced allergy relief mattress cover, making sure to start at the head of the bed and pull the mattress cover down towards the foot of the bed, much like putting on a sock. Then we zipped up the mattress cover at the foot of the bed.
Summary of installation - no different than any other mattress encasing - cumbersome, and easier to do if you have someone helping you handle the mattress. We were careful not to pull on the fabric too hard, knowing that it is not designed to be stretched. Some people suggest taping over the zipper with masking tape. We did not elect to do this, since we put the zipper at the foot of the bed, furthest from our head.
We were blown away. AllerSoft is an amazing fabric, and we had never had any problems sleeping on it, but there is an incredible, noticeable difference between Allergy Armor Advanced and AllerSoft allergy relief mattress and pillow covers. The main difference was the decreased noise level with Allergy Armor Advanced. We use pretty high thread count sheets that have been washed many times so they are very soft and thin, and we could definitely tell that we had an AllerSoft encasing under our sheets. That was not the case with the Allergy Armor Advanced. It is much softer and quieter than the AllerSoft fabric.
Summary of sleep test - While a little more expensive, Allergy Armor Advanced allergy relief pillow and mattress covers are superior to AllerSoft allergy relief pillow and mattress covers. The wait was worth it.
My wife does all of the laundry in our house. For Christmas, since we had a new baby and the laundry was stacking up, we treated ourselves to a new washer that had a super hot hygienic cycle. My wife washed the pillow covers repeatedly for a few days. She was careful not to put any bleach or fabric softener in with the wash. She dried the pillow covers on medium heat, and we slept on them for a few nights and then repeated the process. We both inspected the sewing construction and it held up well, showing no signs of fraying or weakness. We were also comforted by the fact that the fabric carries a lifetime warranty.
In summary, if you are a sensitive sleeper or a hot sleeper, at the very least, use Allergy Armor Advanced pillow covers to control dust mites in your pillows.