Allergy Armor Basic Box Spring Covers
Looking for an inexpensive but effective solution to dust mites and other allergens in your box spring? What about an alternative to vinyl but without the weight or odors? Allergy Armor Basic is a non-woven, three layer fabric that not only breathes better than vinyl but also blocks dust mites, pollen, and pet dander. Naturally water resistant, Basic box spring covers are a low maintenance and hassle-free way to protect your box spring while keeping you sleeping better and feeling better. Tear resistant but lightweight, these zippered covers compliment your other allergy bedding by providing a simple way to block allergens and protect your box spring.
Care Instructions: Allergy Armor Basic box spring covers do not need to be washed. After installation, vacuum the top of the box spring once per week or as needed. For spills, machine wash in cold water with an anti-allergen detergent or laundry additive and air dry. Do not wash in hot water or machine dry.
AchooAllergy products are an absolute life-saver for me. I suffer from severe, chronic sinus and allergy issues. This box spring cover has helped my symptoms 100%. I also use the allergy armor pillow covers and mattress cover, and have for about 7 years now. I can actually breathe through my nose when I get up in the morning, and don't have dead skin all over my lips from "mouth breathing" all night. It's wonderful! Also, since using their allergy armor products, I have gotten sick less often. I used to get a sinus infection every year, sometimes multiple times a year. Since using the AchooAllergy products, I have not had one sinus infection! I use the Ultra allergy armor, as it has the smallest micro-pores, and my main triggers for allergies are dust and dust-mites. I prefer the Ultra above all the others. It's very soft and comfortable to sleep on. I have also used the Advanced, and it works great for allergies, too, if you're looking for something a little cheaper. My ordering experience was fantastic. I ordered using their website. I had a question about my order, which their customer service answered IMMEDIATELY via instant chat. They even allowed me to use a 15% off code. I received my order in less than a week despite a huge snow storm, and installation of the product took less than 5 minutes. I swear by the AchooAllergy brand, and it is the VERY FIRST thing I recommend to anyone who asks my advice about how to help with their allergies or sinuses. I literally cannot live without these products. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
- Repeat customer for cover
I am a repeat customer for these mattress and box spring covers. I got rid of my sons old King size mattress that I already had the covers on and bought him a queen size bed, so I just needed to get the queen size covers. He suffers from dust mite allergies but with these covers on his mattress and box spring, he rarely gets sinus infections now. I am true believer in these covers and I tell everybody "it's a no brainer even if you don't have allergies, who wants to breathe in dust mites when you sleep?" These covers are fantastic. Thanks again AchooAllergy for supplying me with such a great product!!!!
- Great Quality
I was a little iffy when I ordered, but this is a very nice quality cover with a good zipper and I expect it to last a long time. Good deal for the price and one of my friends bought one too.
- review for Box Spring Cover
Wonderful! Whisper soft and quiet under mattress. Very Happy!
Write Your Own Review
Allergy Armor Basic Box Spring Covers
For years we have been trying to find a low cost fabric or material that would do what we needed. Vinyl has traditionally been the best fit for box spring covers, but as the years have passed we have noticed two things. First, box spring covers are all made overseas, and with that comes problems with quality control. For anyone who's had a problem in the past, 99% of the time, it's the zipper. Second, vinyl smells like... vinyl. For many people this hasn't been an issue, and simply allowing the product to air out for a day works for most. Still, this is a poor solution for those who deal with allergies or asthma and also have a sensitivity to strong odors, like that of vinyl. We finally believe we have a suitable solution to the problem. Allergy Armor Basic is an inexpensive, tri-laminate fabric that lacks the odor of vinyl but provides effective protection against dust mites, pollen, and dander while also being water resistant. In developing this new product, here are a few things that we tested and how this fabric performed.
What I like about Allergy Armor Basic
- Dust Mite Barrier - As a dust mite barrier, Allergy Armor Basic effectively blocks all dust mites and the majority of other common particle allergens, including cat dander and pollen. This same material is used in many of the modern filters that you find, including those for masks.
- Lightweight - Vinyl box spring covers can be particularly heavy, but Allergy Armor Basic is our most lightweight fabric to date. With a Twin size cover weighing right around one pound, these covers are almost 50% lighter than their vinyl predecessor. Less material, less weight but the same protection.
- Inexpensive - In an ideal world, there would be no need to cover your box spring. However, it can, and does, harbor dust mites, so rather than spend four to five times the amount on another mattress cover, the Allergy Armor Basic box spring covers offer an extremely inexpensive way to get the same protection for far less.
- Low Maintenance - Unlike mattress covers, Basic does NOT need to be washed. In terms of regular maintenance, you only need to vacuum this cover off occasionally (think once per week or twice a month). Vacuuming it with a good HEPA vacuum cleaner will remove any allergen that may have settled on top. As a test, I purposefully spilled coffee (with cream and sugar) on a Basic cover. After allowing it to dry, I washed it in cold water with only detergent. There was a slight color smudge left if you looked hard enough to find it, but it washed clean. Typically you will not ever have to launder this cover, but should you spill something on it like I did, wash in cold water (use an anti-allergen laundry additive or detergent), then allow to air dry. Because this fabric is hydrophobic by nature, very little moisture will actually be on the fabric after you wash it. Generally it will feel a little damp around the seams, but under normal conditions, this cover air dries complete in an hour or less. Once fully dry, reinstall on the box spring and you're all set. Washing in hot water or putting this in a machine dryer will degrade the fabric and should generally be avoided.
- Water Resistant - Though not waterproof like vinyl, this fabric is hydrophobic which means unless liquid physically sits on it for quite a while, it will generally bead up instead of soaking in. Which means if you do have a spill, soak it up with a paper towel first, and if that doesn't remove it all, then consider washing it.
- Easy to Use - There is little to this other than pull it completely over the box spring then zipping it closed and putting your bed skirt back over top of it. Two tips: Check your box spring for staples, nails or sharp pieces of plastic before putting your Basic cover on. Though resistant to punctures, it's better to remove these things rather than risk punching a hole in your new box spring cover. Secondly, for queen size covers, get a friend to give you a hand. Standing a queen size box spring can be fairly easy but evenly pulling the cover down over it is made much quicker with some assistance.
- It Is Not Vinyl (No Chemical Odors & Breathable) - This means you don't have to allow this to air out. There is no vinyl odor to irritate chemically sensitive people or asthmatics. Also unlike vinyl, this fabric is breathable, so air will pass through. It is also white, so gone is the greyish, off-white, or cream color.
- American Made - Vinyl covers are all made in China, and while this makes for a cheap product, it can also leave the door open for quality control issues. In the past we have noticed problems with the zipper. This issue is gone. The fabric is made right here in the U.S. We cut, sew and package each box spring cover here in Atlanta, GA. And like our other premium covers, we use only YKK zippers. That might not seem like much... until you have a problem with a cheap zipper. So from start to finish, this is a wholly American Made product.
- Longevity - In terms of lifespan, the Allergy Armor Basic box spring covers probably won't last you quite as long as a mattress cover. Typically should give you a minimum of 3-5 years of use though.
In all, there is very little that I can say negatively in terms of Allery Armor Basic vs. Vinyl. Overall, it is a big step up with only positives. Production is done domestically. Quality is superior. Gone are issues with the zipper and odor, and unlike vinyl, these covers are machine washable. As a reliable, inexpensive, effective dust mite barrier for you box spring, Basic is the perfect choice.