Allergy Armor Polartec Fleece Blankets
The Allergy Armor blanket is so soft that you will need a moment to caress the fabric before putting it on your bed. Made from Polartec microfiber fleece, this blanket provides abundant warmth without the weight and bulk of traditional blankets. Soft as cashmere, the plush, lightweight Allergy Armor blanket is perfect for allergy sufferers not only because it can be machine washed/dried and is color-safe but also because it will stand up to frequent washings. Redesigned for 2014, our allergy blanket is made exclusively from breathable and water resistant Polartec fabric and features a hemmed edge for durability and added strength. Lightweight and warm, the Allergy Armor fleece blankets are extremely soft and comfortable, and best of all, each blanket is made, cut, and sewn, just for you, right here in the USA. This improved Allergy Armor Fleece blanket is perfect for any time of year, so snuggle up with one today!
The Allergy Armor Polartec blanket now comes in three colors: Ivory, Navy, and Light Blue (Baby Blanket only available in Ivory).
Allergy Armor Polartec Fleece Blankets - A Closer Look
|Inches (W x L)||Centimeters (W x L)|
|Baby||40" x 55"||102 x 140|
|Twin||60" x 90"||152 x 229|
|Full / Queen
||90" x 96"||229 x 244|
|King||108" x 96"||274 x 244|
- A Great Blanket
Almost every night in the spring, my daughter complains about being too hot. Her heavy comforter from the winter months smothers her. She cannot fall asleep comfortably. I did some research on the internet, and I shopped at several malls and department stores without much success. Finding the Allergy Armor Microfleece Blanket on your web site was the perfect solution for my daughter. The blanket is soft to the touch, comfortable, and warm without smothering her. One extra benefit is the blanket's durability. We have had several drink spills and the blanket has endured several washings. My wife and I could not be happier with this product, and with the extra peace of mind, we have that our daughter is getting a great night's sleep! Thanks!
- Love the Extra Length
I can tell that this blanket is longer than normal, which is really nice. I'm very happy with my purchase.
- Warm and Toasty
We have a queen size bed, so I ordered a king size to use as a bedspread. Perfect fit!!! My husband has year around allergies. It is very important that I have bedding that can withstand frequent washings, and this blanket has certainly fit the bill. It is lightweight but yet warm. I am one pleased customer with this purchase.
- Warm & Comfortable
When I was ordering the blanket I wasn't sure that I would like it because I usually like my blankets to have weight and be heavy. When I got my box with my blanket I couldn't believe that there was anything in it it was so light. I have found that the blanket, while warm, still leaves me warm and I don't notice that it doesn't have the weight issing that I normally find comforting. It is both warm and comfortable to snuggle with in it outright while helping me with my allergies at the same time. The old heavy dust collector went out the door.
- Love It!
I was afraid that this blanket wasn't going to stay soft and not pill, but even after multiple washings, it is still snuggly soft and very warm. I love it! I wish I had this a long time ago.
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!
Did I mention that I love this blanket? I can't believe how soft and comfortable it is. Plus, it's machine washable and still looks great after several washings.
- Love My Blanket
So far I love my blanket. It is very light weight, not heavy like a quilt, the texture is awesome.
- Soft and Light
This is an amazing blanket - it is very soft and light weight - it warms you without feeling weighted down with covers. It washs very well and I wash my sheets and blankets weekly to help my breathing.
- Allergy Armor Blankets
These blankets are GREAT! Just what I wanted and so easy to wash and care for. They seem to really warm you up fast and maintain the heat even after you get up and return...fantastic! Also very light weight and dries quickly after washing.
- Soft as a Puffy Cloud
My blankets arrived promptly and are exactly as described. They are generously sized as well as soft and warm. The navy color is deep and beautiful even after washing.
Write Your Own Review
Allergy Armor Fleece Blanket
Getting the right blanket or comforter can be tricky sometimes. For those with allergies or asthma, down comforters can cause allergic reactions while comforters in general are often too warm for use through the spring and summer months. Blankets are an good choice for many, but repeated washing can take its toll on them, and most aren't warm enough for year round use. These were the things that were considered before we developed our original Allergy Armor Microfleece blanket, and while it was more popular than we expected, it was time for a redesign. Taking customer feedback into consideration, we made changes and came up with a fabric addresses most people's needs. So how does the new Allergy Armor fleece blanket compare to others and to the original? With one of the new blankets in hand, I took it home for some much needed product testing and practice for an upcoming "competitive napping" event.*
What I like about Allergy Armor Blanket
- Extra long, perfect for tucking under a mattress or just wrapping up with whenever you want.
- Superior quality within the fabric. Polartec is synonymous with durable, high quality products fabrics.
- Never too hot or too cold, this breathable allergy blanket provides just the right amount of warmth for any time of year.
- The fabric has been redesigned and made thicker and more plush, using Polartec 200 fleece (instead of the lighter 180 weight). More importantly, it actually went down in cost!
- It stands up to frequent washings without pilling or fraying. Though you may notice some fuzzies the first time you wash it, this fabric won't pill with use or washing.
- With the addition of Light Blue, the Allergy Armor microfleece blanket is now available in three colors.
- Machine wash and dry, no special washing required.
- No more seams! The older version of this blanket had seams, but no longer.
- Same silky soft finish on both sides. Unlike some fleece blankets that have a plush and more coarse side, the Allergy Armor blanket has the same smooth finish on both sides.
- Water resistant. Water and liquids tend to bead up and runs off instead of immediately being absorbed by the fabric.
- Anti-static. Fleece has a natural tendency to create static electricity, which is why many types of fleece seem like literal magnets for hair, fuzz, and lint. The Polartec 200 fleece is anti-static to reduce the attraction from the nuisances.
- Polartec fleece fabric is made in the U.S.A., and each blanket is hand crafted in Atlanta, GA
What I did not like about Allergy Armor Blanket
- In terms of price, it costs more than cheaper fleece blankets that shed excessively or fall apart within a year or two, but is priced slightly less than comparable Polartec blankets.
There are really no reasons not to like the Allergy Armor fleece blanket. It is now priced better, made from a slightly heavier fleece, available in an additional color, and has no seams, unlike the original version of this blanket. The material is soft, very lightweight and extremely durable. From start to finish, this allergy blanket is made in the U.S., and the material holds up well to the frequent washing that those with allergies or asthma will put it through. Longer than comparable blankets, the Allergy Armor fleece blanket is the ideal choice for year round use.
*If you do know of a "competitive napping" event, please feel free to drop us a line!
Allergy Armor Polartec Fleece Blankets Additional ResourcesAllergy Bedding Buying Guide
Compare Allergy Bedding
Allergy Bedding FAQ