Allerpet - DOGS
AllerPet/D is a specially formulated cleaning product that will help remove and neutralize the allergen found in dog saliva, dog dander and secretions of the sebaceous gland. Best used as a safe, simple way to reduce dander between baths, AllerPet uses a gentle formula to cleanse away loose hair and saliva, the two most common ways dander is spread. Using AllerPet Dog with a regular brushing and bathing regimen can greatly reduce the allergen throughout your home. Studies have shown that reducing pet dander as an effective way to combat pet allergies. AllerPet/D has been tested and found to be non-toxic and safe to use with dogs of all ages, even puppies!
Allerpet - DOGS - Ingredients
DI UV water; quaternium-26; glycerin; quaternium-22; allantoin; panthenol; aloe vera gel; stearyltrimonium hydroxyethyl hydrolyzed collagen; sodium styrene/PEG-10 maleate/acrylates copolymer (and) ammonium nonoxynol-4 sulfate; hydrolyzed collagen; citric acid; methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) methylisothiazolinone.
Ingredients are the same for both Allerpet Cat & Dog solutions. Concentrations of ingredients vary making each product unique. Comes in a 12 fl. oz. bottle.
Shelf Life of AllerPet Dog - Approximately 3-4 Years in unopened bottles.
Allerpet - DOGS - A Closer Look
How to Apply Allerpet/D
To use, first brush your dog with a fine to medium toothed brush for dogs, removing as much loose hair and debris as possible. A fine tooth brush works well for this and removes loose undercoat hair that most brushes leave behind. Then, wet a washcloth with Allerpet and thoroughly run it over your dog. Try to treat all the way to the skin, first wiping against the lay of your dog's hair, then with it.
Pay attention to the areas where he licks the most--often around the genitals and base of the tail. Once you're finished, you can simply dry your dog with a towel or hair dryer. For most dogs you should only have to treat them about once per week and brush as necessary. You may want to treat your dog more frequently since the allergen in the dander and saliva has likely spread and accumulated throughout the home. In some locations during drier weather, you can use Allerpet/D in a spray bottle between applications.
- Great product
- I am allegic to my dogs and this has been most helpful!
- Love It!
- We chose our new puppy for her short hair thinking this would help my daughter and I with our allergies. Well we were wrong, it isn't the hair, its the dander and apparently Maggie has dander we are both allergic to. We love her and wouldn't think of getting rid of a part of our family. So we tried the Allerpet/D. It is easy to use, my 16 year old son is in charge of her weekly treatment. I have a contact allergy to her, so if she touches my arms face or chest I break out in hives and itch like you would not believe. After her first treatment I rubbed my bare arms up and down her sides and back and waited. Nothing no itch no hives. By the end of the week I could tell she needed another treatment. But how great it is to snuggle with my puppy and not itch like crazy. I would highly recommend this product.
- It Works!
- My boyfriend has severe allergies to my dog. We never tried any products because he never thought anything would work. I bought 2 air cleaners and constantly clean, but that never really did the trick. So far, Allerpet/D is working. He got a small hive on his wrist, but his chest was clear. I'm hoping that with continued use, the hives will completely disappear and he can be comfortable and allergy free in my house.
- Relationship Lifesaver
- Thanks to allerpet/D, I can now spend quality time with my dog and girlfriend, together once again. It got to the point where my girlfriend would leave with a terrible headache and tears in her eyes. Nothing I said either, and I felt bad that my dog was the cause. Trying to find something that would make things around the house well again, I came upon your product. I simply give my dog a good wipe dog shortly before she comes over, and she is breathing free and easy. So easy to use and makes a HUGE difference, I even notice a difference in his coat on a day-to-day basis. Thanks!
- Breathing Easier
- This stuff is fabulous. My mother is a severe asthmatic with alot of allergies. Being around my dog flares up the asthma and allergies to the point of hives. So I put this on my dog and took him to her house and she said she never had any problems with hime being inside. This stuff is such a lifesaver in my family.
- My Life Saver!
- I was miserable before this came to my house. I was warned by my allergy doctor that my dog would kill me. She was with my friend for 7 months until I found a place without carpet and that easy to clean. I got her back and the first month went fine, but after that cleaning the house was not enough to make my symptoms go away. I was sneezing, coughing, and having headache when I was close to her. So I went online and bought this one hoping that all the good reviews are actually true. And I am so happy that it really works. I feel much better around her. I very much adore this bottle : I call it my "life saver" everyday.
- This is great for in-btween baths and works just as great as the shampoo. I use it when it's not convenient to give my puppy a full bath. No allergy reaction to my dog is great!
- My mother has a severe allergy to dogs. I've had my puppy for 7 months. My mother's allergies started getting worse each day and she told me that I would have to give my puppy away. I couldn't bare to give her up because I love her dearly. But..i soon found Allerpet online. I quickly bought it and now have been using it for 3 weeks. My mother's allergies are A LOT better and I get to keep my puppy! I really really recommend this product!
- A dry bath for dogs
- I have bad allergies to dogs and this is great to delay giving our dog a bath. We use this about 6 or 7 days after we give our dog a bath when my allergies start getting a little irritated and it keeps my allergies down for another 6 or 7 days. This is great for us since our dog really does not like baths. We just put this on a dry wash cloth and wipe the dog down, she really enjoys it.
- Happy family
- My wife is allergic to dog dander. Even though we have a non-shedding breed she still has allergic reactions. The Anti-Allergen shampoo has worked wonders. We use it in combination to the Alerpet D. Thanks to this these we are able to not only keep our dog but my wife can actually play with him along side our children.
- Works Great!
- I've been allergic to dogs all my life. We recently adopted a Boston Terrier and I've been using Allerpet D since we got her and it has helped me tremendously.
- I bought this product for my boyfriend because his allergies are horrible. He had an asthma attack and I knew I had to do something. I've been using it for about a month and he hasn't had any allergies!!
- So far, really good
- My boyfriend is mildly allergic to dogs enough to make him have an attack if he doesn't wash his hands after playing with the dog. I've used allerpet/D on our dog for 2 weeks now and it has definitely improved his allergies. He is much happier and so am I!
- A significant help with my allergy to cats
- This stuff really works....I use it on my 6 cats twice a month and they feel & look clean...more importantly I do not get a stuffy nose & watering stinging eyes when I handle my cats ...it really works...
- I can keep my dog!!
- I just found out I was allergic to my dog (my child). I can't give her away so I have been bathing her once a week and then applying the Allerpet/D for dogs. There is positively no smell and doesn't hurt her. My eyes are no longer red. Thank you
- It Saved My Dog
- When I saw Apollo at the pound I knew I couldn't let him be put down. I adopted him as soon as possible and all was good untill I found out my roomate was allergic to dogs. After much arguing I decided to try and find something to allow me to keep the dog. Thats when I came across allerpet, I am a biochemistry student and the science sounded solid so I gave it a try. From the moment I brought the dog to the apartment we have never had any trouble at all. This product is great, I recommend it to anyone who has allergies. It may not be perfect, it certainly does nothing for the smell of the dog, but when it comes to eliminating allergens it works wonders.
- It works!
- I'm glad I finally found something to control my allergies to my golden retriever. I was getting very close to having to give her up....but thank goodness I don't have to do that now. Thank you Allerpet!
- great product
- great, I am allergic to my dog, a cavalier king charles spaniel, and this product is great.
- Super Product
- After rescuing my dream dog Lucy, a maltipoo, I realized that my husband and 6 year old child were allergic to her. I was suprised to learn this because her breed was supposed to be good for allergy suffers. After a few weeks of thinking I had to give up my beloved dog I stumbled on to your site. I ordered my first bottle of Allerpet-D. It arrived in a few short days and the family has been sniffle free ever since. I apply it to Lucy once a week after her bath. I have since ordered 3 more bottles. I will never be with out this product. Thanks for letting me keep my dog. Jackie
- Another wonderful product!
- I haven't used this product nearly as much as I have the anti-allergy pet shampoo, because I haven't needed to very often! It is a great solution to the times when our dog is overdue for a bath, though, and has been a terrific option for our new puppy, who can't be bathed yet after just being spayed. This product has definitely kept my allergies at bay, and I can't say enough good things about your company and products . . . I am so thankful that I discovered you on the internet - please keep up the great work on behalf of all of us out there whose quality of life is dependant on products like yours!
- DOES NOT WORK!!!
- I used this product on my 12 wk. old malti-poo on a daily basis. My husbands allergies and asthma were horrible, do not rely on products to help with allergies, and there is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog. My family is devistated we had to give our puppy to a new home.
Write Your Own Review
Allerpet/D for Dogs
I had owned my dog for over six months before I noticed something peculiar and distinct about him. Whenever I came in contact with his fur anywhere other than my hands, I would itch. Legs, arms, my face, it didn't matter. If any part of me other than my hands came in contact with his fur I would itch for the next half hour and sometimes even develop a quickly passing rash (a form of contact dermatitis). After trying Allerpet Dog, these were my results.
What I like about Allerpet/D
Allerpet/D was easy enough to use. I brush my dog regularly, so after a brushing, I laid him down on a towel then wet a hand towel with Allerpet/D and thorough cleaning him. Afterwards I just used a towel to remove any excess dampness. After a little more than a week I started to notice a difference. My dog isn't allowed up on the furniture unless I lay out a blanket for him to sleep on. I sweep regularly and bathe him about once per week, so dog hair wasn't a big problem throughout my home. By using Allerpet Dog in the middle of the week, in between baths, I noticed he only rarely made me itch like he used to. In my case, the allergen was likely more prolific since my dog has not been neutered, but even with him it dramatically reduced my skin's reaction to him.
Since I already take the time to bathe him each week and brush him twice a week (even though I own a dog, I don't want my home smelling like it or having dog hair on everything), so adding the use of Allerpet in the middle of the week wasn't a big addition to my regimen. I was surprised though, that such a small thing could make such a big difference. There was little if any odor, and it washes easily off of your hands or clothes.
Maybe I'm different, but bathing my dog is a chore and not a task I look forward to. And more than that, I notice that while bathing more frequently keeps the odor and dander down, it can dry out his skin. He'll literally develop some doggy-dandruff. So rather than bathing to keep the dander down, Allerpet/D does the same thing without drying out his skin or coat.
What I didn't like about Allerpet/D
My only drawback to Allerpet Dog was the bottle size. I find I go through it rather quickly, but since it does work as well as it does, I don't mind using as much as I do.
Overall, I found Allerpet to be extremely effective in reducing the reactions my skin was having to my dog's fur. Allerpet coupled with regular bathing and brushing have helped keep my home cleaner and me feeling better. Before anyone considers getting rid of a pet because of pet allergies, try Allerpet or the combination of treating the pet with Allerpet and washing him/her with Pet Shampoo before you make a final decision. You may find you can live with your dog, even if you are allergic!