Aprilaire 1750A Dehumidifier
For certain parts of the country, excess moisture is more than a summer or even seasonal problem, and where this is the case, it helps to invest in a whole-home solution. The Aprilaire 1750A is a whole-home dehumidifier that can be tied directly into your existing HVAC system and provide dehumidification throughout the home. Since the 1750A works with your existing system, you simply feed the drain hose into the condensate line for the AC and not buckets to empty or additional condensate pumps to purchase! American made and constructed of quality components, the Aprilaire 1750 is an ideal way to reduce the allergens like mold and dust mites that thrive in a humid home.
*For best results, please consult a certified HVAC professional for installation.
- Provides three times the moisture removing capacity of leading portable dehumidifiers 90 pints or 11.25 gallons per day
- No messy tanks to empty and clean
- Auto Restart after power outages
- Auto Defrost in timed intervals to thaw frozen coils.
- Includes MERV 8 filter for air intake (can be washed or replaced annually depending on conditions)
- Automatically senses moisture levels and maintains optimum humidity levels in your home, never too much, or too little and running only when needed
- Switches automatically between whole house dehumidification when central air-conditioning system is running, and localized dehumidification when your air-conditioning is not running
- The installation of an Aprilaire 1750 dehumidifier helps qualify your home for the Green-Built Program (sponsored by the NAHB)
- Conversion from whole house to localized application lets you solve excess moisture issues where you need it most from crawl spaces to attics and basements
- Can be operated manually, allowing you to monitor and control moisture levels in a specific location such as your basement or master bedroom (optional Living Space Control is required)
- Can be set up to bring in outside air for ventilation of the home to ASHRAE 62.2 2007 standard
- Made in the USA
- Moisture eliminator
- I live I an older house and my basement, even though it is sealed, still gives me some water problems. In the winter with the dampness you can feel it all through the house. I purchased the Aprilaire 1750 had it hooked up to my HVAC and it has made a huge difference. I have had some mold problems in several parts of the house in the past and now that has cleared up too. I_m very happy with this unit and hope it lasts a long time.
- No review title given
- I was looking for a dehumidifier I could hook into my HVAC's system when a friend told me about the Aprilaire. I found out the Aprilaire 1750 has automatic control, so there is never a need to manually control the dehumidifier which is great that it knows when to run even with the cooling or heating system on. It arrived in about a little less than a week, and my husband and his friend had it hooked up and running in just a couple hours. Finding the Aprilaire 1750 has made this purchase my best yet.
Write Your Own Review
Aprilaire 1750A Whole House Dehumidifier
The Aprilaire 1750A is a whole-house dehumidifier that can tie directly into your existing HVAC to provide humidity and excess moisture control throughout your home. With steel construction, a 5 year warranty and a water removal capacity of 90 pints per day, the Aprilaire 1750 is a great way to keep mold growth and dust mites in check.
What I like about the Aprilaire 1750A
Unlike some dehumidifiers that require special fabrication to be tied into your existing HVAC, the Aprilaire 1750 comes with built in collars so you can easily branch this model into your system. This model also give you the ability to set the system up to where you are pulling in fresh, outside air, dehumidifying it then pushing it into your HVAC system.
Though the water removal capacity is in line with that of the 1710A, the Aprilaire 1750 separates itself in few key areas. As mentioned above, it's ductable, but the 1750 also features a full LED display to let you know exactly what is going on with your unit. There is also and optional wall control (the Living Space control) you can purchase separately that can be wired into to give you humidity control right by your thermostat (no need to walk down downstairs to manually adjust).
A steel body and frame makes this one of the most durable units we offer.
It has a built in air cycling feature which will trigger the blower in your HVAC system to turn on. This feature is helpful to balance the humidity of the air throughout the entire home. Lastly, this unit has something I have never seen on any other dehumidifier--it has the ability to pull in air from the outside using its patented built in ventilation feature. The dehumidifier will dehumidify the incoming air from outside as it enters the home.
Like each of the Aprilaire dehumidifiers we offers, the 1750A has and automatic defrost cycle, an auto restart feature (in case of power failure), and a replaceable air filter to capture dirt, dust, pollen and other large particles.
What I do not like about the Aprilaire 1750A
My complaint with the Aprilaire 1750A is the same as my complaint with the other Aprilaire dehumidifier models we offer - lack of a true hygrometer. While you great control over this machine, it will require a separate hygrometer to a very accurate reading on the current RH in your home.
My only other gripe with this model is a very minor one. It lacks any sort of condensate pump. Truthfully, this should not be a problem though. Since you should be tying the Aprilaire 1750 into an existing HVAC system you already have a drain line - the condensate drain line from that system. So for the two Aprilaire whole home dehumidifier models, this is not a serious drawback
As a whole-house dehumidifier, the Aprilaire 1750A is a workhorse. Not only will it help cool your home during the summer months, by removing heat-trapping humidity, but it can ensure your summer and spring months are mold and dust mite free, without the expense of purchasing a separate, portable dehumidifier for each room. The Aprilaire 1750 is American made and as a brand Aprilaire provides excellent support of their products after the purchase. For most whole-home dehumidifier applications, I highly recommend the Aprilaire 1750A.
Aprilaire 1750A Dehumidifier Specifications
||Whole House Dehumidifier|
|Dimensions:||20" W x 24" L x 21" H|
|Power Supply:||8 Amps|
|Water Removal:||90 Pints/Day|
|Operating Range:||From 40 - 105F|
|Water Pump-Out:||No tank to empty, drain unit into home's central drain system|
|Drain||Includes 1" PVC condensate P-trap with ≈ 5.5' Hose|
|Warranty:||5 Year Factory Warranty (Parts Only)|