Aprilaire 1770A Dehumidifier
The Aprilaire Model 1770A Whole House Dehumidifier works throughout your entire home. It removes up to 300% more water per kilowatt hour than leading portable dehumidifiers. The Aprilaire 1750A and 1770A models differ only in capacity - the 1770A has an AHAM removal capacity of 150 pints per day. The Model 1770A also features truly automatic control, so there is never a need to manually control the dehumidifier just set it once and forget it! The best choice for healthy, comfortable air is the 1770A Whole House Dehumidifier installed in your new or existing heating and cooling system. Reducing moisture can help stop mold, and reduce dust mites throughout your entire home.
*For best results, please consult a certified HVAC professional for installation.
- Provides 3x the moisture removing capacity of leading portable dehumidifiers 150 pints or 18.75 gallons per day
- No messy tanks to empty and clean
- Auto Restart after power outages.
- Auto Defrost in timed intervals to thaw frozen coils.
- Automatically senses moisture levels and maintains optimum humidity levels in your home, never too much, or too little and running only when needed
- Switches automatically between whole house dehumidification when central air-conditioning system is running, and localized dehumidification when your air-conditioning is not running
- Conversion from whole house to localized application allows you to solve excess moisture issues where you need it most from crawl spaces to attics to basements
- Installation of an AprilAire 1770 dehumidifier helps qualify your home for the National Association of Home Builders' Green-Built Program
- Can be operated manually, allowing you to monitor and control moisture levels in a specific location such as your basement or master bedroom (optional Living Space Control is required)
- Can be set up to bring in outside air for ventilation of the home to ASHRAE 62.2 2007 standard
- Made in the USA
- I Can Breathe Now
If you're looking for a whole house dehumidifier then look no further the Aprilaire. It installed right into our heating and cooling system. It takes a TON of water out of the air and there aren't any messy tanks for my husband to empty and clean. Living where I am power outages are common but the unit has a auto restart so I never have to worry reseting it. The whole house feels now feels cooler and I feel better knowing mold shouldn't be a problem for me to worry about anymore!
Write Your Own Review
Aprilaire 1770A Whole House Dehumidifier
The Aprilaire Model 1770A dehumidifier works throughout your entire home. It removes up to 300% more water per kilowatt hour than leading portable dehumidifiers. The Aprilaire 1750A and 1770A models differ only in capacity the 1770A has a total removal capacity of up to 150 pints per day. The 1770A also features truly automatic control, so there is never a need to manually control the dehumidifier. Just set it once and forget it. The best choice for healthy, comfortable air is the 1770A Whole House Dehumidifier installed in your new or existing heating and cooling system. The benefits and results speak for themselves.
What I like about the Aprilaire 1170A
The Aprilaire 1770A is a ductable dehumidifier that has all the same features as the popular 1750A model. What sets it apart, is an impressive AHAM removal capacity of 150 pints per day. The color has been changed from beige to light blue, and it has an LED status indicator that lets you know when the unit is running, sampling, defrosting or in need of service. This dehumidifier is built to integrate into your homes HVAC system and requires some installation with ducting work. The dehumidifier comes with built-in duct collars to easily attach to your HVAC system.
It has a built in air cycling feature which will trigger the blower in your HVAC system to turn on. This feature is helpful to help balance the humidity of the air throughout the entire home. Lastly, this unit has something I have never seen on any other dehumidifier, it has the ability to pull in air from the outside using its patented built in ventilation feature. The dehumidifier will dehumidify the incoming air from outside as it enters.
Aprilaire offers an accessory called the Living Space Control which can be used with this dehumidifier to monitor and control moisture in a specific location. This accessory looks like a thermostat on a normal HVAC.
What I do not like about the Aprilaire 1770A
As with all Aprilaire dehumidifiers, I wish it had a hygrometer on board rather than just a 15 position turn knob. This model does not come with wheels. It can be converted into a free standing unit in the event you need to dehumidify an isolated area.
In summary, if I was going to attach a dehumidifier to my HVAC system, I would definitely consider this model. The features and performance make it an ideal unit to keep relative humidity in check throughout your home. Could I do the installation myself? Probably, but I would give serious thought to having an HVAC professional come out and hook it up for me.
Aprilaire 1770A Dehumidifier Specifications
||Whole House Applications|
|Dimensions:||20" W x 24" L x 21" H|
|Power Supply:||14 Amps|
|Water Removal:||150 Pints/Day|
|Defrost Type:||Auto defrost control - compressor will turn off in extremely cold conditions|
|Operating Range:||From 40 - 105F|
|Water Pump-Out:||No tank to empty, drain unit into home's central drain system.|
|Drain||Includes 1" PVC condensate P-trap with ≈ 5.5' Hose|
|Warranty:||5 Year Factory Warranty (Parts Only)|