MedicineWorld reports that exposure to certain airborne mold spores can make children more susceptible to developing multiple allergies later in life.
A research team at the University of Cincinatti (UC) found that infants exposed to certain fungal spores were more likely to develop allergies to pollen, dust mites, pet dander, and certain foods.
‘There are literally thousands of different types of mold in the air we breathe,’ says Melissa Osborne, a graduate of UC's environmental and occupational hygiene program and the study's lead author. ‘But because mold exists naturally in the outdoors, it's very difficult to completely remove mold spores from the air’.
You can prevent mold growth with humidity and mold control products.