TripAdvisor has released their list of the Top 10 Dirtiest Hotel in the United States:
- Hotel Carter – New York, NY
- Ramada Niagara Falls – Niagara Falls, NY (now closed)
- Days Inn Vanderbilt / Music Row – Nashville, TN
- Red Carpet Inn – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Regency Inn & Suites – New York, NY
- St. Augustine Beachfront Resort – Saint Augustine, FL
- Travel Inn Civic / Medical Center – Miami, FL
- Eden Roc Motel – Wildwood, NJ
- Days Inn Lancaster – Lancaster, PA
- Pacific Sands Motel – Santa Monica, CA
Don't let the bed bugs bite; we recommend that people with severe allergies take their allergy relief bedding with them on trips – at least the pillow covers. I have also used Anti-Allergen Solution and Vital Oxide to clean hotel rooms.
And don't assume that the glasses in hotel rooms are clean. They're usually not. Use plastic cups or wash the glass yourself.
If you've had any bad experiences with dirty hotel rooms – or if you have advice for allergy sufferers on the road – we'd love to hear from you!