The Moorpark Acorn recently published an article about planning a vacation for a child with asthma. Here are some tips:
- Check the weather at the destination. Extreme hot and cold can trigger asthma attacks. Check pollen and mold counts, too.
- Try to find lodging with non-smoking & pet-free rooms.
- Bring along allergy relief bedding.
- Visit the child's doctor for a check-up before leaving.
- If flying, pack an asthma plan and all medicines and devices in a carry-on bag. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) allows passengers to carry on medications and respiratory equipment like nebulizers.
- Bring back-up prescriptions in case the medicine gets lost.