Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifier
The Blueair 203 Air Purifier is economical, quiet, and attractive. This in-room air purifier is the only air purifier with its room capacity to use HEPASilent technology, which is a combination of the best features of electrostatic and mechanical filter technology that allows delivery of more clean air, at a faster rate, with less noise. With a room capacity of 175 sq. ft., the Blueair 203 is among the best in energy efficiency and quiet operation in its class. Ideal for bedrooms and offices, the Blueair 203 HEPA air purifier can be fitted with a Smokestop filter making it an ideal air purifier to filter cigarette smoke in small to medium size bedrooms and offices.
- HEPASilent technology allows extremely quiet operation. The low-density filters clean large volumes of air more quietly than any other air purifier. On the lowest setting, Blueair air purifiers are about as quiet as the average desktop computer.
- Optional SmokeStop Filter uses nearly 2 lbs. of granulated, activated carbon to remove odors, smoke, fumes, and gases.
- Each SmokeStop Filter contains a blend of activated carbon, magnesium dioxide and copper oxide to break down and oxidize VOCs, smoke, and odor molecules
- Exclusive SurroundAir technology draws dirty air in from all sides and gently diffuses air through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner.
- HEPASilent technology, exclusive to Blueair, combines mechanical filtration and electrostatic filtration for highly effective air cleaning that outperforms standard HEPA, capturing 99.97% of the tiniest particles at 0.1 micron. A layer of activated carbon adsorbs small particles and chemicals.
- EnergyStar rated low energy consumption saves you money on your power bill. In fact, it costs about the same to clean the air in your home as it does to power a single light bulb.
- All Blueair products are environmentally aware and offer exceptional performance without polluting the environment. Blueair replaces standard filters (which can harm the environment) with safer, nontoxic polypropylene filters. In addition, Blueair air purifiers are coated with a special powder finish that produces no chemical off-gassing. The polypropylene filters also resist contamination from mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- Unlike many electrostatic air cleaners, Blueair Classic 203 air purifiers are safe for allergy and asthma patients because they release no ozone by-products and are CARB Certified.
- Easy to Use and Maintain. Plug it in, select the speed setting, and forget it. To clean, simply wipe the steel exterior. When the filter needs to be replaced (every six months), just open the lid, lift the old filters out, and drop the new ones. No screws, no tools, and barely any time required.
- The award winning design is sleek and stylish, and the steel housing is durable and easy to clean.
- Better than expected
- NEAT machine. It is neatly put together with no bells and complicated strings attached. Really like the sound of it as it is quiet and easy to move around. I have not had to change the filter but tested it and it will be a breeze. Great buy
- Breathing easier in New Jersey
- We purchased two for our bedrooms and will be purchasing to more. We absolutely can feel a difference in the air quality. Would and have definitely recommend to family and friends!!!!!
- Allergies gone from Washington
- Our daughter had allergies and was constantly congested throughout the night. We ordered one of these and ever since has no made a sound and is sleeping well throughout the night! Very happy!
Write Your Own Review
Blueair Classic 203 Air Purifier
The Blueair 203 Air Purifier is one of the most popular and economical air purifiers for midsize rooms. With its HEPASilent technology, the 203 provides quiet, energy efficient HEPA style filtration of particles 0.1 microns and up. With an award winning design and quiet performance, the Blueair 203 will blend comfortably into nearly any room in the home.
What I liked about the Blueair 203
The Blueair Classic 203 is extremely quiet even on the highest setting. It is easy to turn this unit on, and then completely forget the fact that it is running. The Blueair 203 is Energy Star rated with a use range from 20 to 50 Watts. It uses less energy than a standard household light bulb.
Aside from turning the unit on, there is little else that needs to be done. It is a plug and go style unit that only requires the filter to be replaced once every six months. Filter replacement is easy, with no screws, bolts or tools needed.
The steel housing of the unit is specially coated to produce no off-gassing, and the filter media used (as well as the filter housing) is made of non-toxic materials that will not harm the environment.
What I do not like about the Blueair 203
There is an optional SmokeStop filter for this unit, but this granulated carbon only provides some odor removing capabilities. It is certainly a step up from less expensive models that rely on a thin, activated carbon pre-filter to handle odor removal but still not suited for heavy odors or a lot of smoke. For this type of filtration, I'd go with a model that features a heavier carbon bed.
In summary, the Blueair Classic 203 is an excellent choice for someone who demands high levels of particle filtration at a reasonable price. The media used in the filter, in addition to the ionizer (does not produce ozone), provides extremely high particle filtration results and does so extremely quietly. If AHAM Clean Air Delivery Rate is important to you, the entire Blueair air purifier line has traditionally scored well. The optional SmokeStop filter is a good choice for anyone wanting to tackle more persistent odors or pet owners. The energy efficiency, ease of use, universal design and company reputation will satisfy most customers.
Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended For:||Medium-sized bedrooms, living rooms, and playrooms|
|User Profile:||Allergy and asthma sufferers who are bothered by noise|
|Maximum Room Size
4 air changes per hour:
|281 sq. ft.|
|5 air changes per hour:||225 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour:
|188 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||Non-toxic polypropylene with active carbon filter layer|
|Carbon Filter:||Optional SmokeStop|
|Average Filter Life:||6 months with continuous use|
|Ozone Emission:||No (CARB Certified)|
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:||No|
|Smoke Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Odor Control:||w/ Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Formaldehyde Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Second Hand Smoke Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Ease of Filter Replacement:||Very simple -- just open back panel|
|Power Cord Length / Type:||5 feet detachable, polarized, three prong plug|
|Interface Control Type:||3 speed switch on side of unit|
|Dimensions:||21" H x 17" W x 9.5" D|
|Shipping Weight:||29 lbs.|
|Noise Level:||32 - 56 dBa|
|Wheels / Casters:||No|
|Power Consumption:||20 - 80 Watts|
|CFM of Fan Speeds:||60 - 150 CFM|
|Warranty:||1 Year Standard Warranty, 5 Year Warranty Once Registered|
|Remote Control Included:||No|
|CADR Ratings from AHAM:||Smoke 145