Blueair 250E HEPASilent Air Purifier
Blueair is the system for people living with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions, or for anyone who wants cleaner, more breathable air. The Blueair 250E air purifier comes with easy-to-use remote control and digital display system that gives the user instant feedback of particle detection, air purifier speed, and timer operation. Ozone free and Energy Star Qualified, the Blueair 250E HEPA air purifier is exceptionally quiet and one of the easiest air cleaners to use and maintain.
- HEPASilent technology, exclusive to Blueair, combines mechanical filtration and electrostatic filtration for highly effective air cleaning that outperforms standard HEPA, capturing 99.97% of the tiniest particles at 0.1 micron.
- Optional carbon filter reduces odors, smoke, fumes, and gases.
- HEPASilent technology allows extremely quiet operation. The low-density filters clean large volumes of air more quietly than any other air purifier. On the lowest setting, Blueair air purifiers are about as quiet as the average desktop computer.
- Exclusive SurroundAir technology draws dirty air in from all sides and gently diffuses air through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner.
- The Blueair 250E air purifier is the same as the Blueair 201, except the 250E has an easy-to-use digital display with instant feedback of particle detection, air purifier speed and timer operation and remote control.
- EnergyStar rated low energy consumption saves you money on your power bill. In fact, it costs about the same to clean the air in your home as it does to power a single light bulb.
- All Blueair products are environmentally aware and offer exceptional performance without polluting the environment. Blueair replaces standard filters (which can harm the environment) with safer, nontoxic polypropylene filters. In addition, Blueair air purifiers are coated with a special powder finish that produces no chemical off-gassing. The polypropylene filters also resist contamination from mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- Unlike many electrostatic air cleaners, Blueair 250E air purifiers are safe for allergy and asthma patients because they release no ozone by-products.
- Easy to Use & Maintain. Plug it in, select the speed setting, and forget it. To clean, simply wipe the steel exterior. When the filter needs to be replaced (every six months), just open the lid, lift the old filters out, and drop the new ones. No screws, no tools, and barely any time required.
- The award-winning design is sleek and stylish, and the steel housing is durable and easy to clean.
- Effective for room sizes up to 265 square feet.
- Gadget Guy
- I am a self proclaimed gadget guru. I love things with remotes. I love that I can power it on and off without having to get up. It is a great, quiet unit.
- Blueair 250E
- Grate little air purifier, can really tell a difference with my allergies when I wake up in the morning. I have tried several different purifier's but Blueair is so much quieter and cleans the air better than the others I have tried. I love the automatic feature that senses the condition of the air in the room and adjust the fan speed according to the level of pollution in the room. I am very pleased with the 250E and would deffently buy it again.
- Blueair 250E
- This is a wonderful Purifier for a bedroom or any small room, the best part about it is it's effectiveness and whisper quiet operation.. Since I installed it in our Bedroom the air smells so much cleaner, our allergies are better, we sleep through the night and wake up felling rested in the morning. I love the automatic sensor function where you set it on Automatic and it senses the odor and the amount of particles in the air and adjusts the fan speed accordingly. I would recommend this to anyone with allergies and would definitely buy it again.
- GREAT SERVICE!
- I am an allergy sufferer! I live in Jacksonville, Florida, where the heat and humidity are relentless and allergies are rampant. Luckily I found Achoo! Allergy! They sell excellent products, and the service is outstanding! Free shipping and my air purifier was delivered the next day! Particularly with allergy products, it is imperative to receive products quickly. I will let my allergist know how pleased I am with Achoo! Allergy! Karen Freeman
- Very nice design.
- I have only had this unit for a short while, and have very little experience with air purifiers previous to purchasing it. However, I do have long experience with product design and engineering. This is a very nicely designed unit. Very high quality. It is small. It is extremely quiet. It seems to clean the air in my entire apartment quite efficiently and quickly. Dust is down tremendously.
- so far so good
- I received the blueair 250e about 2 weeks ago and have been using it on a daily basis ever since. There were several things I liked: 1 very quiet at the lowest speed setting 2 very light piece of equipment so its easy to move around 3 low energy consumption 1 light bulb 4 most importantly of all, it works. I live in a wooded area so we have a lot of airborne allergens. My allergies are significantly better. They haven't gone away but I am no longer sneezing uncontrollably.
- No more dust
- I bought the Blueair 250E because I had both bathroom renovated in the house and the dust looked like fog in the house. I received my unit immediately and within hours the air looked clear and my coughing subsided. I think it's a great product!
Write Your Own Review
I wanted an air purifier that would help my wife with her allergies, would look good in our house, and would operate very quietly. After looking at several units from different manufacturers, I purchased a Blueair 250E. The engineers at Blueair must have had Simon and Garfunkel's song "The Sound of Silence" as their target when developing the 250E. Even on its highest setting, it's stealthily quiet. So what's not to like about that? But there's more here to like than what meets the ear (or rather in this case, what doesn't). It's stylish, and even though it has an electronic display, it's refreshingly simple to operate. One push of a button is all it takes to start enjoying clean air. The unit also comes with a convenient remote.
What I like about the Blueair 250E:
- Blends into our house unobtrusively
- Is quiet as a mouse
- Effective dust remover
- Remote control
- 10-year warranty
What I didn't like about the Blueair 250E:
- Has an ion generator, but can easily be turned off
- Carbon filter is optional
In summary, I give the Blueair 250E five stars. I am very pleased with its performance so far, and the 10-year warranty makes it worry free. If you are looking for a worthy soldier in the war against allergens and dust, then look no further than the Blueair 250E. You won't be disappointed.
Blueair 250E HEPASilent Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended For:||Medium-sized bedrooms, living rooms, and playrooms|
|User Profile:||Allergy and asthma sufferers who are bothered by noise|
|Maximum Room Size
2 air changes per hour
|528 sq. ft.|
|4 air changes per hour||264 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour
|175 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||Non-toxic polypropylene with active carbon filter|
|HEPA Filter:||No, combination mechanical/electrostatic gas and particle filter|
|Average Filter Life:||6 months with continuous use|
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:
|Odor Control:||With optional carbon filter|
|Ease of Filter Replacement:||Very simple|
|Installation / Expansion Options:||No|
|Power Cord Length / Type:||5 feet detachable, polarized, three prong plug|
|Interface Control Type:||3 speed switch on side of unit|
|Dimensions:||21"H x 17"W x 9.5"D|
|Shipping Weight:||29 lbs.|
|Noise Level:||Speed 3 - 52 dba
Speed 2 - 43 dba
Speed 1 - 34 dba
|Wheels / Casters:||No|
|Power Consumption:||20 - 50 Watts|
|CFM of Fan Speeds:||Speed 3 - 140 cfm
Speed 2 - 115 cfm
Speed 1 - 80 cfm
|Remote Control Included:||No|
|CADR Ratings from AHAM:||Smoke 128
|60 Day Risk Free Money
|Free Shipping Included:||Yes|
|+'s:||Highest AHAM CADR ratings, very economical, quiet, stylish|
|-'s:||No Casters, frequent filter change|