Blueair 403 HEPASilent Air Purifier
Blueair air purifiers are the air cleaning systems for people living with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions. The Blueair 403 effectively cleans air in rooms up to 370 square feet. With a patented filter media that filters out pollen, dust mite allergen, mold spores and other common allergens, the Blueair 403 is an ideal allergy air purifier. The energy-efficient design saves you money, and the whisper-quiet operation lets you sleep soundly. The patented two-stage HEPASilent technology captures 99.97% of the tiniest 0.1 micron particles and requires no maintenance beyond regular filter changes. The Blueair 403 with SmokeStop filter provides the same great filtration as the standard 403 with the added benefit of smoke and odor filtration. Granulated activated carbon in the 403 SmokeStop provides a broader filtration range for little additional expense.
- HEPASilent technology, exclusive to Blueair, combines mechanical filtration and electrostatic filtration for highly effective air cleaning that can outperform standard HEPA, capturing 99.97% of the particles 0.1 microns or larger.
- Blueair technology allows whisper quiet operation. On the lowest setting, Blueair air purifiers are about as quiet as the average desktop computer.
- Exclusive SurroundAir technology draws dirty air in from all sides and gently diffuses air through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner.
- EnergyStar rated low energy consumption saves you money on your power bill.
- Optional Smokestop Filter has over 2 lbs. of activated carbon, blended with magnesium dioxide and copper oxide for enhanced removal of smoke, odors, and VOCs.
- All Blueair products are environmentally aware and offer exceptional performance without polluting the environment. Blueair replaces standard filters (which can harm the environment) with safer, nontoxic polypropylene filters. In addition, Blueair air purifiers are coated with a special powder finish that will not off gas. The polypropylene filters also resist contamination from mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- Unlike many electrostatic air cleaners, Blueair 403 air purifiers are ozone free and CARB certified.
- Easy to Use and Maintain. Plug it in, select the speed setting, and forget it. To clean, simply wipe the steel exterior. Every six months when the filter needs to be replaced, just open the lid, lift the old filters out, and drop the new ones. No screws, no tools, and barely any time required.
- The award-winning design is sleek and stylish, and the steel housing is durable and easy to clean.
- Effective for room sizes up to 370 square feet
- 1 Year Standard Warranty, 5 Year Warranty Once Registered
- Good Filter
- We placed this unit in my son's 5K classroom to help contold airborne mold spores. There is a very noticable difference in the smell of the room. I wish the unit was sealed a little tighter, but over all I think it is made well. It is very quiet.
- Moves the air and is QUIET
- I bought this product about a week ago after spring really hit Houston and the trees erupted. I have to say this is by far the best air purifier I have owned. On the highest setting the filter is about as loud as a table top fan on low. It is about half as noisy as my last filter. Not only is it quite, but it actually moves the air. When on the lower settings the filter is almost silent, however the volume of air moving through the filter drops substantially. This is not really an issue since it is so quiet on the highest setting. Since I have started using the 403 I have gone from taking antihistamines 3 times a day to 1.
- No review title given
- I am very please with this purchase. I did extensive research on air purifiers and I am glad I did. It is very quiet. I am likely to purchase another one of these units in the near future.
- Bad air, great air!
- Recently I noticed on my son's chat message it read "Bad air, bad air!" Apparently the city where he is going to college experiences bad air days. What's a mother to do... I sent the Blueair 403 the next day. He plugged it in and noticed an immediate difference. I feel better knowing that he is getting good air while he sleeps. We have two of the same models at home and they work like a charm.
- Quiet and Efficient
- I found Achooallergy.com while price searching the BlueAir 403 air purifier from the list of recommended online venders on BlueAir's website. Achooallergy.com was the best price I found. I ordered before 3pm on a Wednesday. I received the air purifier by UPS at 2:30 pm the next day with the complimentary shipping offer provided with the unit. Turnaround time for my order was excellent. The delivery box was around 43-46 lbs which is a quite a lift up the stairs because of the size of the unit and its weight. The air purifier is about the size of an old PC tower. The air purifier comes right out of the box and the only assembly required was plugging one end of the power cord to a socket and the other to the unit itself the power cord does completely detach. The power cord does plug in underneath the air purifier there is enough room underneath the air purifier to prevent any drag or strain on the power cord. I bought the 403 for my bedroom with considerations of future needs with a bigger room. The unit has four speeds. Speed 1 and 2 are extremely quiet. Speed 3 is my sleeping speed and it sounds like a standard bedside fan on low. Speed 4 really does move some air. This speed is not overly loud but it will cause you to turn up the volume on the TV. The 403 has a blue light indicator which is active during operation. I found the blue light to be bothersome while sleeping but a small piece of duck tape took care of that. I suffer from mold, ragweed, and dog allergies along with a fierce post nasal drip and sinus infections. After using this unit for one night, I noticed a dramatic improvement in my breathing and reduced soreness in my throat. I feel more refreshed when I wake up in the morning and my sinuses feel much better. The feeling you get after using this unit for the first week is like waking up as another person who does not suffer from allergies or sinus problems. I had a lot of anxiety about purchasing an air purifier because of the upfront price and maintenance cost. After adding up the time away from work, the prescriptions, doctorâ€™s visits, and loss of leisure time during the most comfortable time of the year in Charlotte, NC, I was able to justify the expense for myself towards my long term preventative care. As a result of my experience with this unit, I would recommend it to family and friends. I realize that an air purifier alone will not cure my allergy and sinus issues, but I am completely satisfied with the BlueAir 403 air purifier. I discovered the quality of the customer service of Achooallergy.com after I purchased this unit. I was researching mattress and pillows covers when I decided to ask some questions about the proper care and maintenance of these items. I asked several specific detailed questions in an email at 7:30 AM EST. I received an email response at 10:52 AM EST which provided me candid and informative feedback to my questions. I was able to make an informed purchasing decision that best met my needs based on my email exchange. I like the email confirmations which verify my order has been received, my order has been processed for shipping, and the tracking number for delivery. My experience purchasing items from AchooAllergy.com and its customer service has been very positive. I am a return customer because of the quality of products offered and dedication by Achooallergy.comâ€™s customer service to ensure their customerâ€™s needs are met and their expectations fulfilled.
- I work in a building with extensive flood damage, mold, poor air quality, etc. After being sick for 2.5 years and exhausting all medical prescription and over the counter treatment, I purchased this unit for my office and it has given me back my health. I also bought a vaporizer with essential oils to heat my office so there is no "building air" be blown in my immediate work area. The two units together, my office smells like a spa and I am able to breathe at work and have regained my health. Highly, highly, highly recommend this for allergy/breathing sufferers.
Write Your Own Review
Blueair 403 Air Purifier
I took the Blueair 403 home for a weekend test to and see how it operates in real-world conditions. My impressions of this unit are overall, very positive. I put it in my living room adjacent to my kitchen where I have noticed some dust moving through the air when the sun shines through in the morning. I turned it on Friday night and ran it on high speed. After about an hour, I noticed that the air smelled fresher. The next morning, I turned the unit down to its second speed level while having breakfast, because it created a cool draft. After that, I repositioned the unit so that the supply was facing away from the kitchen and turned it back on high. Here are my observations.
In the warmer months, this unit will probably keep cool air circulating nicely throughout the room, particularly when left on high. After using it all weekend, I would recommend it to anyone who wants a solidly constructed unit that is easy to operate. The filter can literally be changed in seconds; you just open the side door like you would any cabinet in your house and the filter is right there. Another major plus is that a lot of air gets purified with minimal fan noise. With a CADR of 240 for smoke, pollen and dust, the Blueair 403 moves a great deal of air through it while collecting a high volume of these pollutants. On its slowest two speeds, you can't hear the fan, which is ideal for use in the bedroom or for light sleepers. On its third speed, it is audible but not to the point where its bothersome. On high speed, you will hear it, but it is significantly quieter than comparable units at their respective settings.
What I like about the Blueair Classic 403
- Solid steel construction. This is much preferred over cheaper plastic housing that could potentially off gas.
- Easy to operate with a large knob for changing speeds. Simple controls make this a plug and go unit. Set it and let it run until it's time to change the filter.
- Low noise. Some of the lowest decibel levels for air purifiers in the 403's size range.
- Easy to change filters. As described above, takes less than a minute to replace HEPASilent or SmokeStop filter.
- 4 Speeds/Settings. The 203 features only three speeds. Four speeds or settings offer greater versatility and a broader range of air cleaning options.
- Five year warranty
- With a simple change of the HEPASilent filter to a SmokeStop filter, you have the added benefit of smoke and odor protection, provided by granulated carbon.
What I do not like about the Blueair Classic 403
- It weighs 33 pounds and needs to be on casters. As a rather large model to be lacking casters, wheels would greatly improve the ability to move this unit from room to room.
- Carbon (SmokeStop) filter is optional. This means smoke and odor filtration are tackled only by a thin activated carbon pre-filter in the standard HEPASilent Model. If anything beyond nuisance level odors and smoke is your target, opt for the SmokeStop filter.
- Requires filter changes every six months. Though standard for the majority of air purifiers, the 3-5 year change of Austin or AirPura models provides less expense.
In summary, I give the Blueair 403 five stars. Once you get it home and place it where you want it to go, it will work very well to purify the air in your home. A high CFM keeps air circulating while the HEPASilent filter visibly reduces dust and debris in the air while removing the ultrafine particles, like allergens, that you can't see. The Blueair 403 air purifier is durable and easy to operate, and with the traditional Blueair design, it fits neatly into nearly any room in your home.
Blueair 403 HEPASilent Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended For:||Medium-sized bedrooms, living rooms, and playrooms|
|User Profile:||Allergy and asthma sufferers who are bothered by noise|
|Maximum Room Size
4 air changes per hour:
|309 sq. ft.|
|5 air changes per hour:||248 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour:||206 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||Non-toxic polypropylene with active carbon filter|
|Carbon Filter:||Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Average Filter Life:||6 months with continuous use|
|Air Intake:||Right side|
|Air Outflow:||Left side|
|Ozone Emission:||No, CARB Certified|
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:
|Smoke Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop|
|Odor Control:||w/ Optional SmokeStop|
|Formaldehyde Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop|
|Second Hand Smoke Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop|
|Ease of Filter Replacement:||Simple, front panel is a door that opens|
|Power Cord Length / Type:||5 feet detachable, polarized, three prong plug|
|Interface Control Type:||4 speed switch on side of unit|
|Color Options:||Putty / Off-white|
|Dimensions:||23" H x 20" W x 11" D|
|Shipping Weight:||37 lbs.|
|Noise Level:||32 - 52 dBa|
|Wheels / Casters:||No|
|Power Consumption:||30 - 80 watts|
|CFM of Fan Speeds:||44.14 - 164.8 CFM|
|Warranty:||1 Year Standard Warranty, 5 Year Warranty Once Registered|
|Remote Control Included:||No|
|CADR Ratings from AHAM:||Smoke 240
|Approvals:||UL, Energy Star|