Blueair 550E Smokestop Air Purifier
Blueair is the system for people living with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions, or for anyone who wants cleaner, more breathable air. The Blueair 550E air purifier is nearly identical to the popular 503 model with two notable exceptions. First, it comes with easy-to-use remote control and digital display system that gives the user instant feedback of particle detection, air purifier speed, and timer operation. Secondly, it has a slightly higher CADR than the 503. If smoke, odor, and chemical vapor combined with particle filtration is what you need, consider the 500 series SmokeStop filters. With activated carbon, these filters adsorb a wide range of pollutants that traditional HEPA filters can miss. For a world class allergy air purifier, you need look no further than the Blueair 550E.
- HEPASilent technology, exclusive to Blueair, combines mechanical filtration and electrostatic filtration for highly effective air cleaning that outperforms standard HEPA, capturing 99.97% of the tiniest particles at 0.1 micron.
- Optional carbon filter reduces odors, smoke, fumes, and gases.
- HEPASilent technology allows extremely quiet operation. The low-density filters clean large volumes of air more quietly than any other air purifier. On the lowest setting, Blueair air purifiers are about as quiet as the average desktop computer.
- Exclusive SurroundAir technology draws dirty air in from all sides and gently diffuses air through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner.
- The Blueair 550E air purifier is the same as the Blueair 503, except the 550E has an easy-to-use digital display with instant feedback of particle detection, air purifier speed and timer operation and remote control.
- EnergyStar rated low energy consumption saves you money on your power bill. In fact, it costs about the same to clean the air in your home as it does to power a single light bulb.
- All Blueair products are environmentally aware and offer exceptional performance without polluting the environment. Blueair replaces standard filters (which can harm the environment) with safer, nontoxic polypropylene filters. In addition, Blueair air purifiers are coated with a special powder finish that produces no chemical off-gassing. The polypropylene filters also resist contamination from mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- Unlike many electrostatic air cleaners, Blueair 550E air purifiers are safe for allergy and asthma patients because they release no ozone by-products.
- Easy to Use & Maintain. Plug it in, select the speed setting, and forget it. To clean, simply wipe the steel exterior. When the filter needs to be replaced (every six months), just open the lid, lift the old filters out, and drop the new ones. No screws, no tools, and barely any time required.
- The award-winning design is sleek and stylish, and the steel housing is durable and easy to clean.
- Effective for room sizes up to 605 square feet.
- Teacher Recommended!
We moved into a new school this year and I have a large room for my kindergarden class. I wanted a larger unit that could help clean that new floor smell from the classroom and Blueair works pretty well.
- Sticking with blueairs!
This was a great buy for us. We've liked the smaller blueair that we have had for a couple years now. This one blew it out of the water. Not only did it handle a lot more space but it was nice having the remote and something on the machine to actually let me know when the air quality is particularly nasty. And instead of setting the speed myself I just set it to auto and let it take care of it. I never had any problems with my older blueair, but I have to admit I like this one a little better.
- I finally found the right air purifier
I really like this air purifier. I used to wake up sneezing almost every day, not anymore! I like that it automatically increases the intensity when it detects dusts or other particles that should not be in the room. I am very happy with this purchase.
Write Your Own Review
Blueair 550E HEPA Air Purifier
The Blueair 550E digital air purifier is the air cleaning system for people living with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions. Offering the same performance as the standard 503 unit with a slightly larger coverage area, the Blueair 550E differs in that it comes equipped with all electronic features in place of the traditional manual controls. A digital display gives the user instant feedback about particle detection, air purifier speed, and timer operation while a remote enhances the overall ease of use. As a dependable product with an effective room cleaning capacity of 605 square feet, the 550E is a very popular air purifier with our customers.
What I like about the Blueair 550E Air Purifier
Likely what is best about the 550E is the filtration. When it comes to filtration, the 550E is amongst the absolute highest in its Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR), as tested by AHAM. When it comes to particle filtration, few units available on the market today can match the 550E's particle filtration results. Aside from the high ratings, Blueair's patented HEPASilent filters effectively trap 99.7% of particles 0.1 microns and larger, exceeding HEPA standards.
Another attribute of the Blueair 550E Digital is one of the same things that makes all Blueair units popular, efficiency. In keeping with other Blueair products, the 550E offers excellent filtration that costs only pennies a day to operate. So not only is the 550E effective in removing air contaminants but the unit is also Energy Star rated.
The unit easily blends into the environment of your home. The award-winning design is stylish yet unassuming. The HEPASilent technology keeps this unit quiet even on the highest setting. With an all steel housing and casters, the 550E is durable, easy to maintain and easy to move. To clean, simply wipe the steel exterior.
Although the unit has an electronic display, the controls are different from many modern electronics in that they are truly convenient and hassle-free. One push of a button is all you have to do to start enjoying cleaner air. Select the speed setting, and forget about it!
What I do not like about the Blueair 550E Air Purifier
The Blueair 550E Digital does not come with a pre-filter. In part, this means the filters tend to clog more quickly and have to be replaced every 6 months. Lastly, this unit offers very little in the way of odor or VOC removal. Although there is a SmokeStop filter to help remove smoke and other odors, another unit might be a better option for heavy VOC removal.
In summary, the Blueair 550E Digital is a substantial upgrade from its predecessor. Equipped with a more modern control panel, this unit is ideal for those who have a busy lifestyle and who require the blend of easy use and efficiency.