Blueair Classic 650E Air Purifier
For people living with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions, or for anyone who wants cleaner, more breathable air, the 650E air purifier is the best Blueair has to offer. With all of the hallmarks of the Blueair air purifier line, the 650E is a digital air purifier that combines the convenience of a digital display, remote, timer, and Auto feature with maximum air cleaning ability. Featuring the best CADR and largest coverage area of the entire Blueair line, the Blueair Classic 650E is the ideal blend of convenience, performance and style. With patented filtration that can outperform HEPA filters, the Blueair 650E air purifier removes common allergens like pet dander, pollen, dust and mold spores from the air in your home. If smoke, odors or chemical vapors are an issue, opt for the the SmokeStop filters, which offer additional protection by included activated carbon mixed with special oxidizing agents, in addition to the HEPASilent filter. For nearly any situation, the Blueair 650E will have you breathing and feeling better in no time!
- Patented HEPASilent technology, combines mechanical filtration and electrostatic filtration for highly effective air cleaning that can actually outperform standard HEPA by capturing 99.97% of particles 0.1 microns or larger.
- Optional SmokeStop filters reduce odors, smoke, fumes, and gases, and do so without giving up any particle filtration.
- HEPASilent technology allows extremely quiet operation. The low-density filters combined with Blueair's patented SurroundAir technology allows this air purifier to clean large volumes of air more quietly than comparable models.
- The Blueair 650E air purifier is the same as the Blueair 603, except the 650E has an easy-to-use digital display with instant feedback of particle detection, air purifier speed and timer operation and includes a convenient remote control.
- EnergyStar rated low energy consumption saves you money on your power bill. In fact, it costs about the same to clean the air in your home as it does to power a single light bulb.
- All Blueair products are environmentally aware and offer exceptional performance without polluting the environment. Blueair replaces standard filters (which can harm the environment) with safer, nontoxic polypropylene filters. In addition, Blueair air purifiers are coated with a special powder finish that produces no chemical off-gassing. The polypropylene filters also resist contamination from mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- Unlike many electrostatic air cleaners, Blueair Classic 650E air purifiers are safe for allergy and asthma patients because they produce no ozone and are CARB certified.
- Easy to Use & Maintain. Plug it in, select the speed setting, and forget it. To clean, simply wipe the steel exterior. When the filter needs to be replaced (every six months), just open the lid, lift the old filters out, and drop the new ones.
- For even easier operation, simply set it to Automatic mode and the 650E will adjust fan speed to current indoor air quality levels in the room.
- The award-winning design is sleek and stylish, and the steel housing is durable and easy to clean.
- Effective for room sizes up to 698 square feet.
- 1 Year Standard Warranty, 5 Year Warranty Once Registered
- No review title given
After doing our research we decided to try this Blueair. We've only had the unit for three weeks, but so far we've noticed a big difference in the air in our home. We bought the smokestop for my father-in-law's occasional cigars, and the added features on this were a big plus for us. Should we need another one in the future, Blueair would be at the top of our list.
- Blue Air Stops Pet Odors
We recently bought this purifier from Blue Air to use in our basement. We have 2 dogs, Vida and Blue, that stay down there and this machine helps keep the downstairs smelling better.
- Smoke Eliminator!
My husband smokes in the house, and the house always smells of smoke. Now, with the Blueair 650E Air Purifier, our grown children have even noticed they do not detect smoke when entering the house! The unit quietly does its job! I love it!
- Clean pure air!
These purifiers are GREAT. We live on the mountain in NE Al beautiful but lots of pollen and dust. We bought a 650E for the living, dining and kitchen area + 403E for the bedroom and bath area. Since purchasing these my husband has not had to use his inhaler. The house is much cleaner less dust. They are extremely quite. Even our dog's allergies have improved since we got these units. Should have done it sooner.
Write Your Own Review
Blueair 650E HEPA Air Purifier
Finding the right air purifier can be tricky, and with a glut of models on the market, it is easy to forget the key components that make one model a sound investment while others a waste of hard earned money. For nearly 30 years, Blueair has been designing and manufacturing air purifiers that keep a few core principles in mind. Filtration, design and convenience. By staying with these three core ideas, Blueair has developed a line of HEPA air purifiers that include models to fit most people's needs. The Blueair 650E air purifier is the top of their line and offers the best coverage and most additional features to compliment their three core elements. So what places the 650E at the front of the line?
What I like about the 650E Air Purifier
Filtration, filtration, filtration. Regardless of what bells and whistles an air purifier has or how cheap it is, if it cannot do its job and do it well, it's likely not worth the investment. The Blueair 650E stands above nearly all other air purifiers that are rated by AHAM with particle filtration that surpasses their testing parameters. The 650E cleans more air faster than nearly any other unit on the market today. By combining electrostatic filtration and patented HEPASilent filters, this home airpurifier provides the best results for anyone who suffers from particle allergies (pollen, pet dander, dust mite allergen, mold spores, etc.). Not only does it do its job, but it does it better than the rest.
You will pay a little more for the 650E than another Blueair air purifier, but in addition to outstanding filtration you always get great ease of use and convenience. Filter replacement is simple and only needs to be done twice per year. There are only one set of filters to replace instead of 2, 3, or more that are commonly found with other air purifier models. The electronic controls are easy to set, and the LCD screen gives you real time information regarding speed, airflow, filter usage, etc. There is also a timer that you can set to control when the units runs while you are away. And unlike the remote for your tv, this one doesn't take a 50 page book to understand and use, BUT, like your tv, it does come with a handy remote control. Filter changes are simple! You pull open the top cover, remove the old filters and insert the new. You'll never need a screwdriver or any additional tools.
A modern design has always been a hallmark with Blueair air purifiers, and the 650E is no different. Blueair understands that if you are buying something to improve your indoor air quality or to help you feel better, it doesn't mean it has to look like it came straight out of a medical supply store. The 650E features a modern look and design that fit well in most rooms. Besides the look of this machine, it also blends well because of how it sounds. On the lower speeds, the Blueair 650E creates very little noise, so whether you use it in the living room or the bedroom, it won't disturb you.
As a few final pluses, like all Blueair air purifiers, the 650E is energy efficient and costs very little to run continuously. The filters are environmentally sound and made from non-toxic materials. If you have pets or are concerned with smoke/odor/chemical vapor removal, there is always the option to purchase the SmokeStop filters. These filters use the same HEPASilent filter media found in the standard particle filters but add in nearly four pounds of activated carbon blended with special oxidizers to break down chemicals and smoke molecules.
What I do not like about the 650E Air Purifier
The drawback to the 650E is almost a universal drawback to the Blueair line. The SmokeStop filters do provide good protection against smoke, odors and some VOC's, but there is really not enough activated carbon in the filters to treat rooms with heavy smoke, odors or VOC's. For instance, if you have a medium to large room that would have one smoker in it, the 650E or any of the 500/600 series Blueair air purifiers would probably do the trick. If, however, you have the same room where you have a couple smokers, very heavy tobacco smoke, or in rooms where you have completed a large home renovation project (think, refinishing hardwood flooring), you may want to opt for another model that has more granulated activated carbon. Overall, the SmokeStop filters are certainly an upgrade over a vast number of air purifiers that simply rely upon a thin layer of activated carbon cloth that is often used as a pre-filter.
In summary, the Blueair 650E Digital is one of our best air purifiers with one of the largest coverage areas available. It provides 5 air exchanges an hour in a very large space and features filtration that can actually exceed current HEPA standards. The 650E is a dependable and quiet with a modern design and full set of digital features.
Blueair Classic 650E Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended For:||Large bedrooms, living rooms, and playrooms|
|User Profile:||Allergy and asthma sufferers|
|Maximum Room Size
4 air changes per hour:
|850 sq. ft.|
|5 air changes per hour:||735 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour:||612 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||Non-toxic polypropylene with active carbon or SmokeStop filter|
|Carbon Filter:||Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Average Filter Life:||6 months with continuous use|
|Air Intake:||Bottom, lower right and left sides|
|Air Outflow:||Top, upper right and left sides|
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:
|Smoke Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Odor Control:||w/ Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Formaldehyde Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Second Hand Smoke Removal:||w/ Optional SmokeStop Filter|
|Ease of Filter Replacement:||Easy, with removal of top cover|
|Power Cord Length / Type:||5 feet detachable, polarized, three prong plug|
|Interface Control Type:||Digital with LCD screen & Remote|
|Color Options:||Putty / Off-white|
|Dimensions:||26"H x 20"W x 13"D|
|Shipping Weight:||40 lbs.|
|Noise Level:||32 - 66 dBa|
|Wheels / Casters:||Yes|
|Power Consumption:||35 - 120 watts|
|CFM of Fan Speeds:||90 - 490 CFM|
|Warranty:||1 Year Standard Warranty, 5 Year Warranty Once Registered|
|Remote Control Included:||Yes|
|CADR Ratings from AHAM:||Smoke > 450
Dust > 400
Pollen > 450
|Approvals:||UL, Energy Star|