Ecology Works Dust Mite & Flea Control PowderThe Ecology Works DustMite and Flea Control powder is a specially formulated borate compound that mixes easily in water and provides long lasting control over dust mites and fleas found in carpet and furniture. To kill dust mites in carpet and upholstery, simply mix DustMite and Flea Control with water and spray. For deep cleaning, DustMite and Flea Control even can be sprayed on surfaces before you steam clean carpet and upholstery. Do not add into the water tank of your steam cleaner. Because it is clear, odorless, and stain free, DustMite and Flea Control is safe for fabrics. This product has been thoroughly tested and shown to have remarkable long term results in the fight against dust mites.
Ecology Works Dust Mite & Flea Control Powder - A Closer Look
Before treating an area, test an inconspicuous spot to evaluate any sort of staining. Vacuum all surfaces you plan to treat before spraying. Once the area has been prepped, mix DustMite & Flea Control with water, then spray using any generic spray bottle. Spray surfaces evenly. Be sure not to saturate the area you are treating. Avoid contact with the wet surfaces until dry and flush your spray bottle with clean water when finished (to avoid the spray bottle becoming plugged).
How Much Powder and Water to Mix for Use in the Spray Bottle:
1/2 Cup DMFC + 1 Quart Water = Treats 50 Sq. Ft.
1 Cup DMFC + 1/2 Gal. Water = Treats 100 Sq. Ft.
2 Cup DMFC + 1 Gal. Water = Treats 200 Sq. Ft.
8 Cup DMFC + 4 Gal. Water = Treats 800 Sq. Ft.>
- added some to laundry...made stuff stiff otherwise diluted with water in spray bottle seemed to help but just started using
- It Helps
- I used this product on everything... It's only been a couple weeks and I can already tell a bit of a difference. It says that it can take up to 8 weeks to see the full effects. I use with the Ecology Works Anti-Allergen spray.
- dust mites
- I have a doberman who has a severe allergy to dust mites. After shampooing carpets and spraying my dogs bedding, I noticed a definite decrease in his itching. Thanks for a product that works.
- Dust is right
- This product is a powder that comes in a bag. You have to get your own spray canister, mix the product, spray it on, then vacuum it off. A bit of a hassle for something like this. I'd rather they sell it in the spray bottle ready to spray, or something that afixes to the vacuum. The fact is, even after going through all these steps, it's not clear if the stuff actually works or not. I could not tell a difference in the environment.
- Dust Mitex
- I've used it but don'tknow if it's working - haven't seen any dust mites.
- pretty good
- My sister complained of being bitten by fleas in our carpet and said if we didn't do something about it she would stop visiting us. I used Dustmitex on the carpet and she's still visiting!
- NO MORE RUNNY NOSE!
- VACUUM WITH MY ALLERGY VACUUM THEN SPRAY THE DUSTMITEX AND LET IT SIT FOR A FEW HOURS TO KILL ALL THE LITTLE SUCKERS. WAKE UP EVERY DAY FOR NEXT WEEK WITH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH LESS ALLERGIES. I LOVE IT... TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT IT.
- like Improvement
- I followed the simple mixing instructions and unfortunately, was not able to get to every nook and cranny in my living room and bedroom trying to spray this product. I realize though that after a couple weeks my symptoms have come back which means that I also need to get additional products like anti-mite bed covering, etc. But, overall, I would say that I remain positive about your product. You will definitely be hearing from me for other products, for sure.
- Sleeping Alone
- It use to take me hours to fall asleep. I would lay awake itching just thinking of the dust mites invading my body and my bed. I started using DustMitex in my bedding and it eases my mind to know that I am finally sleeping alone. Thank You, Achoo.
- Immediate Results
- My husband and our cat (a hairless sphynx) both had bumps on their skin from dust mite allergies. We sprayed DustMiteX on our carpet and in all the nooks and crannies in our house, and noticed results immediately. Both husband and cat have much better skin, and we saw their allergy bumps go down that evening! We've already recommended the product to friends, who have already placed their orders!
- Allergy Relief
- I have been waking up every morning with a headache and congestion for years. I would wash all the bed linens in bleach and hot water and vacuum every day without and nothing seemed to help. I used your Dustmitex on the carpeting and mattress and washed all the linens in your allergy detergent and finally I can look forward to starting each day without the misery of congestion.
- Poor little mites!
- I could almost feel sorry for the dustmites perishing everywhere in my bedroom carpet, except for the wonderful feeling of waking up without a headache for the first time in years, and being able to breathe through my nose! Dustmitex worked literally overnight, and I can't imagine doing without it. This stuff is terrific!
- great value
- This product is a great value,easy to use, dries fast!!! I noticed a big difference the very next day, no more watery eyes and stuffy nose in the morning !thanks achoo!!!!
- Now I Can Travel
- I used to dread sleeping away from home. I never knew what allergens may be lurking in hotel rooms or even my friend's homes (especially those with indoor pets). I developed allergies later in life and had no intention of letting that keep me from doing the things I enjoy. I did extensive research to find the best way to combat the most common triggers (for me, Dustmites and pet dander). The product,"Dustmite and Flea Control," has been a key part of my success. I take my premixed spray bottle on vacation and "de-mite" the room, then head out to dinner while it works its magic. By the time we get back, we are able to breathe better and sleep comfortably. I will never vacation without it.
- DUSTMITE BUSTER
- I just woke up one day when my apartment got infested with dustmites. I have tried other expensive sprays and powder hoping they would do the trick, but to no avail. I took my chance in ordering online the DUSTMITEX and after 1 application, I would like to believe dustmites are gone now, no more bites! I cant wait for my next spray time, to ensure a dustmite free home.
- Relief, finally.
- My brother told me about "DustMite" a few years ago. I found out I was allergic to dust among many other things years ago. Before my allergy tests, I thought my itchy skin was due only to seasonal allergies. DustMite works great, I can now sit in any room in my home without looking like a dog scratching it's fleas. When it's time to reapply the DustMite solution, I can alway tell. I begin to itch uncontrollably. Once I reapply the solution, within minutes, I'm comfortable again. I highly recommend this product to anyone who suffers from allergies to dustmites. I am physically comfortable again.
- All You Need Except the Bottle
- My primary allergy concern is dust mites so when I noticed this product, it looked perfect. I'm happy to say that it is. I have an apartment with cats so I was very pleased that the product didn't damage the carpet or make the cats sick. I'm very pleased with this product overall. The only thing I would add is the spray bottle. I don't mind mixing the solution, but buying a separate spray bottle at a different time should be avoidable.
- Highly recommended
- We have used this product for about a year and a half now and love it. We mix it up in our carpet cleaner and clean all the carpets with it & a little soap. We also use it in spray bottles and spray the couches, draes, etc...The difference is amazing - its cut my daughters wheezing dramatically as she only rarely has wheezing episodes (from about 4x a month to 4x a year). We are extremely pleased.
- It Helps
- The Ecology Works DustMite and Flea control has helped my house pretty well. I've only done one application with a spray bottle through the entire house and it has seemed to help for a few weeks. However, it seems to be wearing off sooner than I thought or that it says it will.
- Iordered the product and two days later it was at my door. I am very pleased with the product and and service. Keep up the good work and you will have many return customers.
- Saving Vet Bills
- I am only giving 4 stars at this time because I have only been using it for a week. With that said, I have notice a big difference in my GSD itching problem. He has allergies to dustmites and I have already notice a big change in him. I am sure this will help with the vet bill and Script bills at the end. With everything so expensive one less bill will really help. Thank you
- Living w/upholstry
- After my 2 year old son was diagnosed with extreme dust mite allergies, my husband and I knew we could not afford to throw our furniture out and buy leather/vinyl. I found this product thru achoo! allergy's website and am extremely pleased. It was relatively easy to apply and now i don't fret when he lays on the couch to watch t.v. I plan on taking the product with us when we go on vacation to apply it to the condo's bedding/furniture.
- dust mite allergies
- I purchased this because my puppy had severe allergies to dust mites. I could not afford to take up all my carpet and replace it with hard wood floors but I purchased this in mixed it and placed it in my carpet steam cleaner. My puppy is doing much better!...great product!
- No review title given
- Out of the clear blue sky I suddenly was dealing with some kind of killer dust allergy in my room that left me with large, red welt-like marks on my body - and they itched like crazy! I tried everything: disinfecting the rug, bed, sheets, curtains - everything! Nothing worked. At one point, I was afraid to go to sleep b/c I didn't want to wake up with red itchy marks anymore. After researching, it turns out that I had dust mites like all homes and my body was reacting to the feces they excrete. Gross, yeah I know. I came across this product "DustMite and Flea Control". I used it once, and my problems were over! It's going on three weeks of being dust mite free, and I couldn't be more pleased. In conjunction with this product, I also used the de-mite Laundry Additive in my wash just to make sure I was thorough.
- Ecology works DustMite and Flea Control
- When my allergist determined my only allergy was severe to dust mites I had my carpet cleaner add this to his solution to de-mite all our carpeting, couches, chairs, mattresses, box springs, and oversize pillows with this product. He saw the ingredients and the price and he's replaced his additive with this one from Achoo Allergy!
- Dust mites are HISTORY
- After being tested I found I was allergic to at least 10 things, dust mites being one of them. The allergist gave me a flyer for your company and I proceeded to order. I De-mited my bedroom with Dustmite powder and now I am breathing easier. Who knew!!!
- My wife and I have been adding this product to water and using an oreck Steem Cleaner to clean our carpets for several years. we found Achoo Alergy through a Google search. Their prices just can't be beat -- super fast shipping. An excellent company -- we will definitely be return customers!
- My carpet cleaner loves it.
- Don't get your carpet cleaned without this! When I had our carpets, mattresses, box springs, and couches professionally cleaned I saved money by using this additive instead of his, we found a better product at a lower cost, and Achoo Allergy has another happy customer!
- Works Great!!
- It's been over a month since I De-mited my apartment...I used it on my mattress, carpet, pillows, furniture any place where dust mites could go I sprayed it. I can breath alot easier especially at night when I am sleeping. I am one happy customer and I will definately be a returning customer of AchooAllergy!!
- safe product
- i have to do dust mite control for my dogs severe allergies and i was worried about the safety of this product and would it hurt her allergy even more.....absolutely not..the product was wonderful and easy to use.....i saw results in her allergy within hours of using this product and the allergen removal product....it is too soon to see the results of this product so it was probably the allergen product that was working so quickly...the order came so quickly and was packed so well...i have placed other orders sinc this one and it has been a pleasure dealing with this company...
- cleaning surfaces of dustmites
- The Ecology Works DustMite and Flea Control I have used this stuff for several years. Every time I use it, after being out of it for awhile, I find my breathing gets easier again in my apartment. My PCA Personal Care Attendant – I’m disabled, even likes working with it and notices a change in my apartment when using it. I use in on floors, and in solution for cleaning other surfaces. Thanks so much for introducing me to this.
- These products changed my whole life. My dog has a severe dust mite allergy. My dog was on immune suppressants and antibiotics and her whole body was covered in crusted sores. The veterinarian said there was nothing I could do. By February I has spent more than $2000 on veterinary expenses and still had the problem. I finally researched the issue myself and came up with this solution. My dog is now off all the medication and is just a normal dog. I steam cleaned my carpets and furniture with Dust Mite And Flea Control. Due to my physical issues, I had to work slowly, I did this over a period of 10 days. While I was doing it I could see a change in my dog day by day. I then sprayed everything with Anti Allergen solution. I now do this weekly. I also add it to the wash and wash her bed coverings and toys in it weekly. I learned that none of the products out there kill dust mite eggs so I bought a UV light and gradually used it on my whole house. I made sure to hold the light over each area for the required 20 seconds before moving on. I now have a normal dog. She is my friend and heart. These products have been a miracle to me.
- BE GONE, DUSTMITES!!
- My Grandson came home to live with us for a time, and he is very allergic to dust mites. I bought the powder that you mix with water, and was surprised by two things. First of all, it doesn't take much to spray everything, and the price was good. We haven't had any problem with dust mites since I first sprayed. Now, I am going to check to see if you have anything for pet dander. Thank you so much for a great product that is easy to use!
- It Works for Me
- I have had trouble with a stuffy nose and cough for years. I sprayed DustMite & Flea Control on all my upholstered furniture and on my mattress. The improvement was instant. And mixing it is simple. I used an old quart spray bottle. It dissolved instantly and was ready to go.
- Works fantastically
- At about 3 years old, our dog developed allergies and it showed up on his skin and loss of fur. Eventually he required year round treatment. We had him tested and discovered that he was allergic to dust mites. I discovered achoo allergy and the Ecology works and purchased it along with the anti-allergen detergent. I treated the house and washed everything the dog slept on. Our bedding, his bed, couch blankets, etc. It''s been almost a year and our dog hasn't had an outbreak at all. We've told our vet about it and she''s recommended it to other patients.
- No review title given
- I wish I knew this existed earlier!! I'm currently living in a carpeted apartment but am also allergic to dust mites. Every fall my allergy symptoms get worse because apparently it's a time when the dust mites flourish. I used this on my carpet, couches, and any upholstery I could find throughout my apartment and have noted a huge difference in how I feel. I was still having pretty bad allergy symptoms when visiting my boyfriend. After about an hour at his place, I'd start feeling how I did at home before I used this, so I decided to clean his place too. Again, I noticed a huge difference in how I felt. Cleaning my upholstery and carpets with this has made more of a difference than any allergy treatment I've done in the past, which is saying a lot! I also really like that I'm treating the actual cause of the problem, not taking a bunch of medicines to try to deal with the symptoms they cause.
- Works Great!
- It took like a week to notice but it works great...I'm telling you I never write reviews but this stuff works I ordered the 2lb and covered my house in the stuff and it really works but needs done in six weeks!
Write Your Own Review
DustMite and Flea Control
The Ecology Works DustMite and Flea Control is the least expensive method we offer in killing dust mites in carpet and upholstery. Very easy to use if you have a steam vacuum because you just mix the specified amount of DustMite and Flea Control with water. If you do not have a steam cleaner, then you have to use a spray bottle. Like most things that are in their concentrate form, the The Ecology Works DustMite and Flea Control can be strong. This safe and effective solution can treat carpets and furniture, helping to keep them free of dust mites and fleas for months.
What I like about DustMite and Flea Control
- Cost effective
- Re-sealable pouch
- Lasts at least 8 weeks before you have to reapply
- Great for steam cleaners
- Comes in two different bag sizes: 8 oz. and 2 lb. bag
- Eco-friendly and safe to use throughout the home
What I dont like about DustMite and Flea Control
- Can be a bit messy because it is a powder that has to be mixed with water
- Has an odor in the concentrate form (powder)
In summary, I give DustMite and Flea Control powder by Ecology Works 4 out of 5 stars. For those looking for an efficient and the most cost effective way to kill dust mites in carpet and upholstery, DustMite and Flea Control is the answer. Although I think there are a few inconveniences using DustMite and Flea Control over some other products that we carry, it can be very suitable for those who dont mind mixing the formula with water to save money.