Honeywell 18155 HEPA Air Purifier
The Honeywell 18155 SilentComfort air purifier delivers pure, breathable air with quiet operation, even when running the unit at higher speeds. NoDraft technology prevents a cool exhaust draft, and the True HEPA filter cleans the air in medium rooms, perfect for a bedroom, living room, or playroom.
The True HEPA filter removes 99.97% of common household particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air passing through it such as dust, pollen, tobacco smoke, mold spores, and cat dander. It also helps reduce airborne viruses and bacteria. The carbon pre-filter captures larger airborne particles and helps remove nuisance level odors and smoke. SilentComfort advanced airflow design provides ultra quiet operation.
The HEPA filter is easy to clean - simply vacuum on average twice a year (depending on use), and replace the carbon pre-filter every 3 months. An electronic filter indicator reminds you when to clean the HEPA filter and when to replace the carbon pre-filter.
- Permanent True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne particles including pet dander, mold spores, pollen, and dust mites.
- Reduces airborne germs such as viruses & bacteria.
- Removes particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Advanced carbon pre-filter traps larger particles and odors.
- Surround Seal technology maximizes efficiency.
- Advanced airflow design for ultra quiet high speed operation.
- No Draft technology cleans the air without a cool exhaust draft.
- Intelli-Check electronic filter clean reminder means hassle-free maintenance.
- Easy-to-clean HEPA filter never needs replacement. Just vacuum twice a year - no costly replacement parts.
- Three fan speeds to accommodate varying air purification needs.
- Five-year limited warranty
- Works like a charm
- I couldn't find this at the normal big box stores, luckily I found achooallergy!
- Excellent choice
- So far I love this product. The test will be when my husband cranks up the fireplace.
- 2 problems-1 solution!
- I had two problems in my small apt. One, I had a lot of dust and two, my neighbors smoke & I had cigarette smoke seeping into my apt all the time! I've had my Air Purifier running for only 2 1/2 weeks and I can tell a huge, huge difference in the dust and more importantly I don't smell cigarette smoke in my apt. any more. I could tell a difference within 24 hours.It's also very portable so I move it into my bedroom at night when I'm sleeping. I'm so glad I bought it I wish I would have known about it sooner.
- No review title given
- I'm very happy with this purchase and I can clearly see the result. Definitely recommend it to anyone who is allergic to dust mites or other allergens.
- The machine is very big and very NOISY, not a good thing when your trying to sleep. It need to be 3feet from all walls, so putting it a corner is not a option. Air quality is just OK....carbon filter is easy to put on and replace. I sent it back for a full refund.
- Silent Comfort
- It really works well. I like the light weight of it, and on the medium and low settings, you can barely hear it. We got it because our daughter and kids had to move in with us and the youngest has asthma and allergies. I like the light weight because I move it between his bedroom and the living room. What I don't like is that although is says "no draft" technology, there is still some cool air coming from it, and I can feel a draft. Must be greatly diminished though from other air purifiers, I suppose.
Write Your Own Review
Honeywell 18155 Air Purifier
In the Honeywell line of air purifiers, the 18155 SilentComfort air purifier is a mid range model that delivers decent results for smaller areas, at a reasonable price. This model offers the same lifetime HEPA filter as its counterparts and with the additional SilentComfort technology to reduce noise levels.
What I like about the Honeywell 18155 Air Purifier
- The lifetime HEPA filter helps to reduce maintenance costs throughout the life of the air purifier.
- The Intelli-Check feature lets users know when to replace the pre-filter as well as when to vacuum the HEPA filter. Honeywells five year warranty is excellent for a model in this price range.
- The unit is light, compact and can fit in with the decor of most rooms.
What I did not like about the Honeywell 18155 HEPA Air Purifier
- The 18155 has a slightly lower CADR rating than most of the other Honeywell units we offer, though it is rated similar to the portable units in the 17000 series.
- As with the other units in this line, the pre-filter needs to be replaced every three months.
Overall this Honeywell HEPA air purifier is inexpensive and offers respectable filtration results for smaller to medium sized rooms. Though purchasing pre-filters every three months may be something as a hassle for a few, the low purchase price and lifespan of the machine makes the Honeywell 18155 a good choice.
Honeywell 18155 HEPA Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended For:||Medium rooms such as the bedroom, living room, or playroom.|
|User Profile:||Allergy and asthma sufferers who need an air purifier that's extremely quiet.|
|Maximum Room Size (6 air exchanges per hour):||197 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||Permanent True HEPA filter (Requires 2 Honeywell True HEPA Filter HRF-14 if it needs replacing)|
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||17" W x 19" D x 19"H|
|Warranty:||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|CADR Ratings from AHAM:||132 Dust - 127 Smoke - 135 Pollen|