Honeywell 50150 HEPA Air Purifier
This Honeywell 50150 HEPA air purifier is great for use in the nursery, bedroom, or office. The True HEPA filter that removes 99.97% of airborne particles and rarely needs replacement is cost-saving yet still effective. Ideal for localized air purification, this unit provides relief from symptoms associated with exposure to the most common allergens such as dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, and pollen.
The Honeywell glass-fiber HEPA material helps remove airborne particles, viruses and bacteria without the use of chemicals or other treatments. It also includes an activated carbon pre-filter to help remove larger airborne particles and reduce common household odors including smoke. The patented 360° air intake and discharge maximizes efficiency, circulating and filtering the air up to 5 times an hour for the recommended room size.
Lightweight and easy to maintain, the Honeywell 50150 is perfect for light to moderate allergy relief, and with regular replacement of the activated carbon prefilter, does a surprisingly good job in removing nuisance level odors.
- True HEPA filtration removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, and pollen.
- Permanent glass-fiber HEPA filter can be vacuumed and never loses effectiveness.
- Reduces airborne germs like viruses and bacteria.
- Intelli-Check electronic filter clean reminder means no-hassle maintenance.
- Activated carbon pre-filter helps reduce odors and trap unwanted vapors.
- Patented 360 degree air intake and discharge means clean air fast and consistently.
- Three different cleaning power levels.
- Five-year limited warranty.
- A snore stopper
- My 19mth old son has severe dust mite, and weed allergies and we have only had it for a little over a month and he sleeps so much better. His snoring has stopped and he is almost congestion free at this point. I can't say enough about this product. We live in NYC, so air quality is a major issue, and I have a better piece of mind now.
- Definitely worth the price
- I ordered two of these units and three of the window filters for my basement. It has always been dusty down there, and me keeping the windows open hasn't helped. I am happy to say that they have made a big difference in both the kids play room and my workout room. The Honeywells with those window filters have really cut down on the dust in pollen that used to cover everything. Thanks!
- Breathing Improvement
- It has been a number of years since I had the use of a filtering system in my bedroom. Upon my doctors advise I bought the Honeywell HEPA. It is an absolute pleasure to feel I can breath more clearly and not wake up with a constant runny nose and thick throat. It has made my sleep a more restful experience for sure! We live in a very dusty place, too, so this machine has been a life-saver.
- Alergery Relief
- The Honeywell 50150 is working much better than expected. It runs 24/7 and the grand daughter has not sneezed or coughed since the second day it was running. Thank you so much for a quality product.
- Does the trick
- My doctor suggested I try a HEPA filter to aid in sleeping. This unit is bulky--the 3' suggested clearance was not easy to achieve--but very functional and the quiet setting is like a white noise machine. It works great.
Write Your Own Review
Honeywell 50150 Air Purifier
The Honeywell 50150 air purifier is a midsize unit servicing areas up to 235 sq. ft. While more compact than the 50200 or 50250, this model still offers true HEPA filtration and an activated carbon pre-filter to trap odors and clean the air. I purchased two of these units and several pre-filters for my fathers home, placing one in his den and the second in his bedroom. Both he and I were pleased with the results.
What I liked about the Honeywell 50150
The filtration of this model greatly improved the air quality of both of the rooms in which it was placed. Unfortunately, my father still smokes, but upon my most recent visit home, I was greeted by only a faint hint of cigarette smoke in the den. Be it that the house is a very old farm house, dust is constantly a problem, but since placing the second unit in his bedroom, both of my parents said they have slept better.
It is compact, portable and light and can be placed nearly anywhere in the home. Unlike purifiers with heavier steel frames, the plastic housing of this unit is sturdy without the additional weight.
As with many purifiers, the Honeywell 50150 is very simple to use. After opening the units and wrapping the pre-filter around the HEPA, we placed the units in their respective places and set them on low. This model also comes with an Intelli-Check filter indicator to let us know when to replace the filter.
What I did not like about the Honeywell 50150
For maximum filtration it is ideal to run the unit on high, but it can be a little loud when set on the medium or high settings. Secondly,the filter is supposed to be a lifetime HEPA that you vacuum out twice a year. While vacuuming will certainly extend the life of the filter, many people find that they do have to eventually replace it. The filter that comes with the unit initially is one large HEPA filter, but when it does come time to replace it, you have to purchase two smaller, stackable filters.
The 50150 is a great air purifier for a small to medium sized room. It provided the HEPA filtration and odor removal we needed without a great deal of expense. The Honeywell 50150 air purifier worked well in my fathers dusty, old farmhouse, and its ease-of-use as well as its compact size make this model an ideal fit for most of the rooms in your home.
Honeywell 50150 HEPA Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended For:||Bedroom, living room, playroom or other small room.|
|User Profile:||Allergy and asthma sufferers who need localized air purification with quiet operation|
|Maximum Room Size (6 air exchanges per hour):
||235 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||Permanent 99.97% True HEPA filter|
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||18" H x 18" W x 15" D|
|Warranty:||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|CADR Ratings from AHAM:||150 Dust - 150 Smoke - 150 Pollen|