IQAir Dental Pro Air Purifier
Designed specially for dental facilities, the IQAir Dental Pro air purifier captures and controls drill aerosols, abrasion powder, mercury vapors, and other airborne contaminants common in dental offices. Neutral white and light gray design integrates perfectly in a medical setting. Simple to maintain with an intelligent filter life monitor, each IQAir Dental air purifier is individually tested, certified and built specifically with dental offices in mind. This type of commercial air purifier is ideal in places where specific VOC's, bacteria and virus control is essential, and now, equipped with New Edition upgrades, IQ Air Dental Air Purifiers offer greater air flow, improved efficiency and even longer filter life.
- H11 HEPA Class prefilter captures a wide range of airborne particles to help protect and extend the life of subsequent filters.
- Top-of-the-line, hospital-quality air filtration.
- Specific blends of activated carbon & activated alumina to capture aerosols, particles, mercury vapors, and VOC's more commonly found in and around dentist's offices.
- As part of IQAir's New Edition, the IQAir Dental air purifiers now offer increased air flow and improved filter life, thanks largely to an improved fan and filters.
- Removes 99% percent of all particles below 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles 0.003 microns and above.
- Specially made for dental facilities, the IQAir Dental air purifier usesfour filter cartridges to remove drill aerosols, abrasion powder, mercury vapors, bacteria, viruses, and other airborne contaminants.
- The Triple-Seal design reduces internal leakage, which can drastically reduce air cleaning efficiency. First, the filter media is 100% sealed in the filter frame. Second, IQAir's patented3D UltraSeal ensures perfect sealing between filter fame and housing. Third, individual seals on each housing module lock it up airtight. Thus, IQAir air purifiers have higher actual system efficiency than the theoretical efficiency of conventional air cleaners.
- Thanks to its ultra-quiet design, the large IQAir fan motor creates more clean air with less noise. IQAir air purifiers have the fan in the center, between the noise-absorbing filters. Unique double-walled housing also reduces noise. Eight shock absorbers hold the fan, ensuring that vibration isn't transmitted to the housing. Virtually inaudible at the lowest setting.
- Easy filter replacement due to revolutionary modular tower design, which snaps open to allow access to all filters in a matter of seconds.
- Programmable Control Panel and remote control.
- Intelligent Filter Life Monitor takes actual use, speed settings, and air quality conditions into account. This means that you replace the filter based on your environment, not a pre-set timer.
- Choose your ideal performance level with six fan speeds. Most air purifiers have only two or three speeds.
- All IQAir air purifiers now feature upgraded "red label" fans for increased air delivery, quieter operation, and improved performance.
- An integrated timer means that your IQAir air purifier can be programmed to run automatically.
- Built to last a lifetime and manufactured from thick, fully cured, high-grade injection molded ABS that won't off-gas any chemicals.
- Powerful yet energy efficient, costing only pennies a day to run.
- Each IQAir air purifier has been individually tested & certified.
- Effective for areas up to 310 square feet.
- At Ease Now!
We weren't sure about purchasing an air purifier just for the office, but we were all a little surprised at the difference the unit made. I mean, working in a dentist's office you can expect to see, smell and hear certain things. So we were all pleasantly pleased to notice how well this IQair cut out all of those unpleasant odors. Now all me need is something to take away the sound of that drill!
- Dental Pro
We have used one of these for over 3 months and it really works. I work for a dentist and heard about achoo from a friend. The boss has been pleasantly surprised by this air purifier.
Write Your Own Review
IQAir Dental Pro Air Purifiers
In keeping with IQAir's specialization of air purifiers, the Dental Pro provides air filtration particularly suited for dental offices. By exchanging their traditional HyperHEPA filters for media specific filtration canisters or cartridges, IQAir tailors this air purifier to better handle chemicals and particulate most commonly found in dental offices and labs.
What I liked about the IQ Air Dental Pro
The Dental Pro unit comes with four cartridges, two of which use a wide-spectrum chemical control media while the other two employ a mercury (Hg) vapor control media. The mixed media used in the cartridge consists of impregnated activated alumina, activated carbon and impregnated activated carbon. Combined they work to filter out Hg residue, disinfectants, aerosolized fluid, plasticizing agents, bacteria, viruses, alcohol and other chemicals commonly used or found in dental offices and labs.
To make up for the lack of a HyperHEPA filter, the pre-filter of each of these units doubles as an H11 HEPA grade particle filter. Because this pre-filter works double duty as a pre-filter and HEPA filter, the life of this filter is only 6-18 months.
In addition, each of the canister filters is wrapped with charged particle filter covers. The "post filter sleeves" work as a last line of filtration to capture any ultra fine particles that may have gotten past the canister and pre-filter.
These units also have the same electronic features as other IQ units, Intelligent Filter Life Monitor, programmable control panel, and remote.
With the transition to the New Edition models of Dental air purifiers, each Dental and Dental Pro now offers quieter operation, slightly more filter media and longer filter life, making these models ideal for office and dental lab use.
Each IQAir unit is individually tested before sale, and each comes with a signed Certificate of Performance to attest to the quality of each machine.
What I do not like about the IQ Air Dental Pro
Filter price. Replacing the filters for the Dental Pro is somewhat expensive. Replacement filters for the Dental Pro cost just over $350. This does not include the cost of the filter sleeves or the prefilter. Be it that they are primarily for commercial use, the cost may more easily be defrayed.
The pre-filter of these units works overtime. There is no HyperHEPA filter in the Dental Pro, and to make up for this IQ has essentially combined the pre-filter and a HEPA filter into one. Consequently, the HEPA grade pre-filter may need to be replaced as frequently as every six months. This will vary upon usage, but in gaining more specialized filtration IQ cedes a bit on the least expensive filter to replace.
The IQ Air Dental air purifier is a very effective unit in dealing with the chemicals, odors and dangerous particles commonly found in dentist's offices. Despite the expense, this unit is one of few specifically designed for these settings and one of fewer that actually delivers.
IQAir Dental Pro Air Purifier Specifications
|Recommended For:||Dentists office, removal of VOC's, mercury vapors, and other dental compounds.|
|Maximum Room Size
2 air changes per hour
|1125 sq. ft.|
|4 air changes per hour||560 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour
|375 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||1 HEPA Class Pre-filter, 4 gas and odor cartridges, 4 Post Filter Sleeve|
|Prefilter:||Yes, HEPA Class, 32 sq. ft.|
|Carbon Filter:||Yes, 11 lbs. of granulated activated alumina, activated carbon & impregnated activated carbon|
|Post Filter:||Yes, 5.4 sq. ft. fine dust filter, electrostatically charged|
|Average Filter Life:||Pre-filter 6 - 18 months
Gas & Odor 1.5 - 3 years
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:||Yes|
|Air Intake:||Dual Arches at bottom of unit|
|Air Outflow:||320° EvenFlo Diffuser|
|Second Hand Smoke Removal:||Some|
|Housing:||ABS (UV stabilized) Plastic, no off-gassing, high impact resistant|
|Installation / Expansion Options:
|Interface Control Type:||Electronic LCD|
|Dimensions:||28"D x 15"W x 16"D|
|Shipping Weight:||50 lbs.|
|Noise Level:||25 - 59 dBa|
|Wheels / Casters:||Yes|
|Power Consumption:||215W Maximum|
|CFM of Fan Speeds:||1 - 40 CFM 2 - 75 CFM
3 - 130 CFM 4 - 170 CFM
5 - 200 CFM 6 - 300 CFM
|Warranty:||1 Year Parts & Labor (Excludes Filters)|
|LCD Display:||Yes, in English, French, German or Spanish|
|Remote Control Included:||Yes|
IQAir Dental Pro Air Purifier Additional Resources
IQAir Dental Pro User Manual
View an IQAir Air Purifier Certificate of Performance
HEPA Air Purifier Buying Guide
IQAir Air Purifier FAQs
Top Five VOC & MCS Air Purifiers
HEPA Air Purifier FAQs
IQAir Purifier Attachments