IQAir HealthPro Plus - New Edition
The IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier is one of the most popular and efficient ways to improve your indoor air quality and decrease allergic or asthmatic reactions. Three layers of filter media and a sealed system work to provide some of the most comprehensive air filtration available today. Award winning, a Consumer Digest Best Buy, the IQAir HealthPro Plus is the top rated HEPA air purifier in the industry. It provides you with complete protection from dander, pollen, mold spores, smoke, VOC's and other fine particles that can be most damaging to the human body.
The HealthPro Plus is part of the IQ Air New Edition air purifier line. With a redesigned fan and filters, the Plus now provides more clean air for greater spaces. An increase in the amount of filter media means fewer filter changes while an improved fan reduces noise.
- Breathe better with the HealthPro Plus and the HiFlow gas filter technology that removes dust, pet dander, tobacco smoke, bacteria, and mold spores as well as gaseous pollutants.
- The HyperHEPA filter captures airborne particles down to 0.003 microns with a guaranteed minimum efficiency 99.5%.
- A full 5 lbs. of granular activated carbon to adsorb odors and gaseous pollutants the carbon is mixed with alumina pellets impregnated with potassium permanganate which oxidizes chemicals and vapors, breaking them down into basic, harmless components.
- The V5 and HyperHEPA combined with an advanced PreMax pre-filter to provide state-of-the-art, hospital-grade air filtration.
- As a New Edition IQ Air Purifier, the HealthPro Plus features more filter media in each HyperHEPA and PreMax filter. This means fewer filter changes and more clean air!
- The HealthPro Plus also features an upgraded fan which not only reduces noise levels but also increases the coverage area.
- Each HealthPro Plus air purifier has been individually tested & certified.
- The IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier was chosen as a Consumers Digest Best Buy multiple times and found to be "ideal for allergy sufferers."
- Two independent sets of knife-edge seals and sealed filter media work to ensure no air leakage and help the IQ Air Health Pro Plus achieve a perfect "0" particle reading for capturing all particles 0.3 to 30 microns in size (and larger).
- Thanks to its ultra-quiet design, the large IQAir fan motor creates more clean air with less noise. Shock absorbers, double walled housing and a center mounted fan make the IQAir HealthPro Plus virtually inaudible at the lowest setting.
- Easy filter replacement due to revolutionary modular tower design, which snaps open to allow access to all filters in a matter of seconds.
- Programmable LCD Controls, six speeds, and remote.
- Intelligent Filter Life Monitor calculates actual filter usage so you get the most out of your filters.
- Built to last a lifetime the HealthPro Plus is manufactured from thick, fully cured, high-grade injection molded ABS that won't off-gas any chemicals.
- Powerful yet energy efficient, the HealthPro Plus costs only pennies a day to run.
**NOTE: IQAir air purifiers are 120V models only. Use of this air purifier with any type of 220V-240V outlet can damage the unit. Use of an adapter will not reduce this risk. IQ Air purifier warranties are void outside of N. America.**
IQAir HealthPro Plus - New Edition - A Closer Look
- The Best Quality!!
- This is an amazing air purifier! We have had it for about 6 months now and love it. We run it all day long in our sons room as out house recently underwent renovations and we dont want him to breath in the any left over dust. We have also used it in rooms with fresh paint and it removes the smell immediately. It does a fantastic job of removing oders and is not too loud when it runs on high. I highly recommend
- I went with this machine after scouring the Internet for info. I was sick and tired of taking allergy pills daily so I came to the conclusion I had to spend some dough on one of the best rated air purifiers. One day after turning it on poof I stopped taking allergy pills amazing! The unit is pretty quiet and on higher speeds the white noise is soothing for me. I now wake up less groggy and energized with no congestion. If you have the money go with the iq air. Achoo allergy did a good job getting the order processed and shipped fast.
- 30 year allergy sufferer
- First off I have to say 12 months ago I installed the IQ Air Whole Home system which did a great job on helping with allergies but they were still a miserable thing. We do have 2 dogs. I am allergic, but my daughter is not, although she suffers from severe pollen allergies and dust, etc. Having the wholehome was a godsend but there were still some special needs places. We have placed one in the master bedroom and one in the family room. The auto schedule feature is great. the remote is great. Machine is too loud on high.=, so being able to shift it to high when we leave is great. SO far there is an increased comfort level and a decreased allergic pain. IQ Air is the best. Worth every penny!
- No review title given
- I like the simplicity of use. I keep it near my bed at night. I've been able to breathe easily. I am an allergy and asthma sufferer. I would recommend IQ for people in the same situation. I also have a high sensitivity to dust mites.
- This Works!
- Our 6 month old had been congested since birth, everyday, all day. We tried different formulas and vaporizors. After only 3 days running the IQAir HealthPro, there was an amazing difference. After running it for a week, there has been no sign of congestion since... 3 weeks! We feel comfortable believing that there was an allergy to our family dog.
- Outstanding product
- This product has helped with the indoor allergies this winter, and I've even was able to lower the asthma meds my daughter has to take. No cough at night or in the morning, which is the best result I could ever expected.
- Definitely holds up to the reviews..
- While not being able to 'measure' the air quality, at least on a superficial level the IQ has/does remove odors rapidly from the room approx. same sq. footage as recommended but w/ 9ft h ceilings. Apartment living means having smoke cigarettes & weed flooding the room my toddler's bedroom plus all the other known allergens typical of apartments mice, roaches, who knows what other vermin in the walls. We live in a part of the country w/ some of the highest rates of children's asthma so it was necessary to have something combating the poor air quality. High is noisy, but provides white noise at night - less than our A/C unit on high actually.
- Best Air Filter - Wouldn''t Buy Anything Else
- We bought this IQ Air model more than eight years ago, after moving into an apartment where the contractor had used oil-based paints on a third of the apartment wall area. Even after a few weeks, we couldn't stay in the apartment without getting watery eyes and headaches. We had no option to move, so we researched heavily, and decided upon this IQ Air filter. The HealthPro Plus was quite a bit more than we wanted to pay, but we were concerned about the health implications of our situation. We ordered it -- and I admit -- I had doubts about how well it would work with paint off-gassing. Well, within two days of setting up this filter, we could actually "live" in our space. The headaches went away and it literally enabled us to manage that transition time in our apartment while the paint cured. We've been IQ believers ever since. We've now invested in two of these filters, and combined with hardwood floors and a HEPA vacuum Miele even friends who have severe cat allergies can spend the night at our place. We have one cat, and our most allergic friend was brave enough to be the first to give it a go. He now visits regularly with no cat-dander issues in our place. We've had that comment more than once -- "normally, I can't go into homes where there's a cat ..."
- Awesome Machine!
- I did my research and found this to be the best fit for what my daughter needed. She has asthma and allergies. She struggles everyday. Before I purchased a machine she was coughing all the time and sneezing. Our doctor suggested we look into an air purifier. She was sure it would help her at night. I was skeptical at first thinking this is a lot of money if it does not help her. Also very pleased it came with a 5 year warranty and reading all the reviews about it, I was sold! So I purchased one, let me say she has never slept better! I'm very Thankful to Achoo Allergy! My daughter finally can sleep through the night and breathe some very clean air. We live in a wet state and one of many of her allergies was mold. With the IQAir HealthPro Air Purifier it filters mold among other things. So I have to say the price is well worth it! I'm considering buying another one for our living room area. This way she has clean air in all areas of our house.
- No more weird noises at night!
- We bought the HealthPro Plus to help my wife, who suffers from severe allergies from early spring till late fall. Little did we know it would help me! I have a sleep disorder, and snore terribly, according to my wife almost to the point of separate rooms. I was using a C-PAP machine for a few months, but finally couldn't handle it anymore and sent it back. The first night of putting the HealthPro Plus in the bedroom on #2 setting I made a few strange noises while sleeping, as she calls them. The following nights till now, not a sound! She thanks you very much!! My wife is an avid bowhunter, and spends one day outside, then suffers for three days inside! It is still cold here in South Dakota, but hopefully she will have the same kind of results as I. Stay tuned!!
- great airpurifier
- IQAIR airpurifier is a great air purifier. It's wonderful for room air cleaning.
- Sleeping Through the night
- I purchased the IQAir HealthPro Plus mainly for my wife. We have been married for over 25 years and it was a routine for her to wakeup in the middle of the night because she was totally stuffed up and could hardly breathe from her allergies. She would first squirt nasal inhaler in her nose then proceed to get out of bed, go to the medicine cabinet and take a antihistamine tablet. I wish I would have made this purchase long ago. Since we have had the IQAir Purifier we have been amazed at the results. My wife now sleeps through the night. No more need for the inhaler or the antihistamines. I also noticed that she no longer snores and she informed me that my snoring now is significantly reduced. I can't say enough for this product. Before making my purchase, I researched air purifiers quite extensively. I ended up purchasing the IQAir HealthPro Plus because it seemed to be the best one for our needs. I have never written a review on any product before in my life. The reason why I am writing this is because with all the gimmicky things that are out there these days, it makes the average person leery of making purchases of these kind. I just want to let you know that for my wife and I, it has been one the smartest purchases we have ever made. Just the peace of mind that my wife no longer has to get up in the middle of the night to use the inhaler and take those antihistamines is a blessing in itself. Great Product and Satisfied far beyond our expectations.
- worth the money
- My husbands pet + dust induced athsma has gone away after running this unit in our house for 2 days. We bought one for our bedroom and one for our living room... and move them around the house as we see fit. We highly recommend this unit.
- My Twins & the Health Pro
- I have 2 boys with severe asthma. We purchased the HealthPro after a few emergency room visits. Although the unit is a bit loud on the higher fan speeds it still make a huge difference when used on speeds 3-4. My boys have not been back to the hospital in 14 months now. I came to this site looking to purchase my 2nd unit for my Mom. Thank you for sites like this that cut to the chase and offer only the best products for the serious allergy/asthma sufferers.
- You Gotta Live With It!
- After two weeks of operation, my wife and I both feel better since we began using the IQAir HealthPro in our bedroom! The unit is very well designed and built. I love the filter life and the monitor. An unanticipated benefit is that the 360 degree air discharge means that there is no noticeable draft, unlike some units that make you feel as though you're sitting next to a small tornado. It's also rare today to find a product that is individually tested, with the test results recorded for your unit by hand. I just wish I had found the product before I wasted time trying low-end "name brand" filters from discount stores. Believe me, there are no economies there! We're already anticipating additional IQAir units for other areas of our house.
- WE GIVE THIS AIR PURIFIER TO MY FATHER FOR A CHRISTMAS GIFT. HE HAS COPD AND YOUR PRODUCT HAS IMPROVED THE QUARITY OF AIR HE IS BREATHING. HE STATES "HE DOES NOT COUGH AT ALL AT NIGHT" AND GETS A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP. THIS PRESENT WAS MUST BETTER THEN A PAIR OF GLOVES OR SHIRT.
- Amazing but spendy
- The unit itself does a great job and for that I have given it the 4 stars. The filters for the system have proven to be our challenge. We typically run the unit on a level 5 almost 24 hours a day. Though we do understand this seriously impacts the lifetime of a filter we_ve had a few issues with ours. The original hyper HEPA the unit came with lasted approximately 8 months. When we replaced it we also needed to replace the V5 cell charcoal filter. That was two months ago. The unit is now telling us we need to again replace the $185 hyper HEPA; mainly because it, and the entire top half of the unit are now covered in charcoal dust from the new V5. Granted, my husband can_t remember where he purchased the filters from; likely Amazon, but it wasn_t Achoo; who guarantees they come from IQ. (Though the packaging the filters came in stated they were from IQ there was no guarantee so they _could_ be knockoffs) As far as the pre filter; we generally have to replace that every 3-4 months at a cost of $58. One other minor inconvenience we_ve had with the unit has been the wheel casing system. The wheels are attached to the unit with small plastic pegs. All four of ours had snapped off inside the casing within the first month. It wasn_t as if we were rough with the unit; quite the opposite. The unit sits in a corner on a tile floor; the only time it is ever moved is a few inches to the side when we vacuum. For the filters and wheel system I would have given the unit 3, maybe 2 stars; but the unit as a whole is amazing. It has been; hands down, the best unit we_ve owned in the 15 years we_ve had air purifiers / filters. .. and we_ve had many; which is why I gave it the 4 rating. I would recommend the unit to anyone, though I would warn them about the filters; the V5 and hyper HEPA in particular. Next go round we_ll vacuum out the V5 before installation; and we_ll buy it from Achoo; that way if there_s a problem we know it_ll get fixed. As far as the wheels; the system doesn_t have to have them to function, it just made vacuuming easier.
Write Your Own Review
IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
The IQAir HealthPro Plus comes with some of the best filtration and user features on the market. From wide spectrum particle and gas filtration to a filter life monitor and programmable controls, the HealthPro Plus packs value and performance into one award winning air purifier. As with other New Edition models, the HealthPro Plus now comes with an improved fan and filters. This means fewer filter changes, more clean air and greater coverage area. Setting accolades aside, here's our review of the HealthPro Plus and its performance.
What I like about the IQ Air HealthPro Plus
Like the other IQ Air purifiers, the HealthPro Plus has a individual certificate of performance packed neatly at the top of each box. Assembly is easy and straightforward, taking only five minutes to complete. Once everything is ready to go, the last part is plugging it in and setting up the controls. In all, it took me less than ten minutes from the time I removed the unit from the box until the time it was the cleaning air in my home.
What sets the HealthPro Plus apart from the ever crowded field of air purifiers is quite simply, the filtration. Most air purifiers come with a pre-filter which mainly serves to trap large, visible particles like pet hair and dust bunnies. The pre-filter is different in that it not only traps those larger particles, to help extend the life of the HEPA filter, but it also traps microscopic particles as small as 5 microns.
The V5 Cell filter is where the odor and chemical adsorption takes place. Granular activated carbon adsorbs (physically traps) smoke and odor particles while the potassium permanganate oxidizes chemical pollutants like VOC's and harmful vapors. Since activated carbon by itself cannot neutralize certain compounds and gaseous pollutants, the permanganate effectively expands the filter range.
The last layer of filtration is the HyperHEPA filter. HEPA filters must filter 99.97% of all particles 0.3 microns and larger in size to qualify as true HEPA filters. The HyperHEPA filter goes beyond that in trapping 99.5% of particles 0.003 microns and larger. More than the expanded range, when we use a particle counter to measure the number of particles 0.3 to 30 microns in any cubic foot of air, the HealthPro Plus air purifiers are some of the only air purifiers that can actually remove ALL particles in this size range. Some of the most popular brands on the market today, despite HEPA filters, leave hundreds of thousands of particles, or more, in the air they filter.
Part of the reason why the filtration is so efficient with the HealthPro Plus is due to the sealed system. IQAir uses two knife-edge seals and seals the filter media into the filter frames to ensure no air leakage. When you open the unit you can see thin lines and grooves that interlock to form these seals.
Additional benefits include the filter life monitors. Instead of simple timers, the IQ Air Health Pro Plus calculates your actual usage based on how long you have run the machine and what speed. The IQAir's design is modular and stackable, so by snapping the two arms to the sides you quickly and easily disassemble the unit or replace the filters without any tools. The handle and casters give it extra mobility, and HealthPro Plus can be fully programmed to run when you need it to. Lastly, six speeds give you more control in striking the balance you want between noise level and air filtration.
What I do not like about the IQ Air HealthPro Plus
When reviewing this model, I came across a problem that seems to crop up with the HealthPro Plus air purifiers. The filters seem to put off a bit of odor when I first began to run the unit. In having some experience with this as well as having worked with IQAir on this issue, I ran my test model on high about a day and the odor dissipated.
Cost. There's really no other way around it. Compared to many other brands, the HealthPro Plus is more expensive. The thing to keep in mind is the results. The filtration far surpasses many competitors whose products are shoddily assembled in E. Asia. IQAir also has a solid brand and reputation backing up their products. There's a reason why you can find IQAir air purifiers in hospitals and clean rooms, as well as why they and the American Lung Association are partners in an indoor air quality initiative, and it's not because of the price of the units. You get what you pay for with an IQAir HealthPro Plus, plain and simple.
When it comes to HEPA air purifiers, there are few better than the IQAir HealthPro Plus. From the features to the performance there are few in this market that can truly compare. While the cost will be prohibitive to some, for most the results and durability of the HealthPro Plus make this air purifier well worth the cost.
IQAir HealthPro Plus - New Edition Specifications
|IQAir Health Pro Plus|
|Recommended For:||Allergy and asthma sufferers who have a need for gas or odor control|
|User Profile:||Allergy and asthma sufferers who need the best all round filtration|
|Maximum Room Size
2 air changes per hour
|1125 sq. ft.|
|4 air changes per hour||550 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour
|450 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||1 PreMax pre-filter, 1 HyperHEPA filter, 1 V5-Cell Filter|
|Prefilter:||Yes, 30 sq. ft.|
|HEPA Filter:||HyperHEPA filter, 53 sq. ft.|
|Carbon Filter:||Yes, V5-Cell Gas Phase Filter, 5 lbs.|
|Average Filter Life:||Pre-filter 18 months
HyperHEPA filter 4 years
V5-Cell filter 2 yrs
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:
|Air Intake:||Dual Arches at bottom of unit|
|Air Outflow:||320° EvenFlo Diffuser|
|Second Hand Smoke Removal:||Yes|
|Housing:||ABS (UV stabilized) Plastic, no off-gassing, high impact resistant|
|Installation / Expansion Options:||Yes|
|Interface Control Type:||Electronic LCD|
|Dimensions:||28"H x 15"W x 16"D|
|Shipping Weight:||41 lbs.|
|Noise Level:||1 - 25 db 2 - 36 db 3 - 44 db
4 - 50 db 5 - 54 db 6 - 59 db
|Wheels / Casters:||Yes|
|Power Consumption:||27W - 215W|
|CFM of Fan Speeds:||1 - 40 CFM 2 - 75 CFM
3 - 130 CFM 4 - 170 CFM
5 - 200 CFM 6 - 300 CFM
|Warranty:||1 Year (10 Years w/ Warranty Registration) including fan motor (Excludes Filters)|
|LCD Display:||Yes, in English, French, German or Spanish|
|Remote Control Included:||Yes|
IQAir HealthPro Plus - New Edition Additional Resources
IQAir HealthPro Plus User Manual
Seven Reasons to Choose an IQ Air Purifier
View an IQAir Air Purifier Certificate of Performance
HEPA Air Purifier Buying Guide
IQAir Air Purifier FAQs
Top Five HEPA Air Purifiers
HEPA Air Purifier FAQs
IQAir Purifier Attachments