Miele Antares S4210 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Miele offers a few options when it comes to cleaning smooth flooring like tile, stone, and pvc - styles with a hard finish. For many, the Miele SBB 235-5 is a slim but effective alternative to the Miele Twister. At 11.5" wide, it easily manuvers through tight spaces and uses synthetic bristles to lift dirt, debris, and soil with ease. Tough on debris, it is ideal for harder types of flooring that require a more heavy duty cleaning attachment. This Miele smooth floor attachment fits any Miele upright or canister vacuum cleaner.
- The Super Air Clean Filter is electrostatically charged to retain microscopic particles. It traps 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 microns and 94% of particles down to 0.3 microns. The Active HEPA filter is optional and removes 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use.
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Suction Control lets you choose from six power levels.
- Impressive 30 ft. operating radius with a convenientautomatic cord rewind switch.
- Wand parks on front or side of canister for easy storage & transport.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large HyClean dust bag with a 3.7 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Quiet Operation - Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 10.5 pounds, making it easy to use.
- Stainless Steel Telescopic Wand extends to 41 inches.
- Comes with the lightweight STB 205-2 Turbo Brush for cleaning low to medium pile carpets plus the Parquet Floor Brush for tiled and wood floors.
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, aDust Brush for delicate cleaning, and anUpholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7-Year Warranty on the motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele Antares S4210 Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
Lightweight carpet tool is driven by air movement of vacuum cleaner. Its 11" wide brush roll, floating head design and 360 swivel neck provide excellent maneuverability.
Gentle cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap of low- to medium-height pile carpets with lighter densities.
|SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Too
A mixture of polyamide and natural hair ensures a gentle cushion for this floor brush which makes sure that tile, wood and other smooth surfaces are cleaned thoroughly with extreme care. It has a 90° rotation and is exceptionally agile at cleaning around obstacles such as table legs and in tight places.
A required component for the use of all Miele canisters. Versions vary depending on canister style used. Miele hoses all are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape.
The Galaxy series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more.
The new HyClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
|Super Air Clean Filter
The Super Air Clean filter is designed for normal use and is made of multi-ply material which is electrostatically charged to retain dust particles.
It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron.
This filter lasts as long as 5 dustbags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified dust bags.
- Perfect Gift For... My HUSBAND!!!
My husband was always complaining about the noise of our old Hoover hand me down, so as part of my anniversary gift to him this year I thought it would be nice to get HIM a vacuum. He was a little surprised but more when I informed him vacuuming was now his responsibility. No complaints so far, and it works great in the bedrooms the only places we have carpet. Our black lab sheds some, but the vacuum picks up his hair really well. Overall it was an excellent purchase, but I probably should have bought the upgraded handle.
- My Antares
Very good on hardwood & tile floors. OK on carpet but I will use my old vacuum in these 3 rooms. The dust brush is very hard to get on/off the telescopic wand when I want to vacuum baseboards or crown molding. The power cord is too short so an extension cord is needed. Good suction and quiet. I would purchase a Miele again but maybe a different model without the negatives.
- Great Vacuum
This is a great vacuum. Super powerful, light weight and easy to carry. It would have been 5 stars but the turbo brush attachment you can buy for this isn't the greatest. It uses the air power to turn the rollerbrush, and it works great in the beginning but mine barely lasted 4 months and when I took it apart to clean saw it didn't have ball bearings so no wonder.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Antares S4210 Vacuum Cleaners
The Miele Antares is an entry level canister vacuum that, despite its small size, performs to a level that many of the traditional brands cannot touch. Compact and light, this vacuum rolls easily over most surfaces and can get to those hard to reach places where dust bunnies like to hide, like under the bed. The Antares' simple yet effective design makes it ideal for almost any home. After trying this vacuum out on several different surfaces, cleaning a variety of messes, this is what I found:
What I like about the Antares
The suction of the Antares, coupled with the turbo brush, makes it ideal for low to medium pile carpet. The Turbo Brush makes picking up hard-to-extract fibers like pet hair easy, and the Parquet Floor Brush is a standard but effective tool for smooth surfaces, i.e. tile, granite, hardwoods. Whether dirt, pet hair, or whatever it may be, the Antares was able to lift it all from the dirty surfaces.
Though the entire suction system of the Antares is a sealed system, the self sealing bags are a definite plus. Seemingly simple enough, they are so much easier and convenient to change than traditional bags which can spill or expel dust while changing.
While the motor certainly packs enough punch to clean nearly any surface, it is much quieter than many of the other vacuums currently on the market. This, combined with its light weight and nimble mobility, makes vacuuming seem much less like a chore.
The cost is very reasonable. Compared some of the other traditional vacuums on the market, the Antares may seem expensive, but you literally get what you pay for. When you consider all the small conveniences (auto cord rewind, easy storage, wand park, self sealing bags) as well as its overall performance, the Antares is an economical choice.
What I do not like about the Antares
Though built for it, a HEPA filter does not come standard with the Antares. For those most concerned with allergies and removing allergens from their homes, purchasing the HEPA filter is an added expense with this model. In addition, because the HEPA filter is not standard, the Antares lacks a filter change indicator light, a feature that is built into many of the other Miele models.
For those who have high pile carpet such as shag, you will find that while the Antares will clean it, the task is not as easy as one would hope. For thicker carpets I would suggest a Capricorn, Aquarius or possibly the Callisto.
Overall, as an entry level Miele, this model is excellent for people with smooth surface floors or low to medium pile carpet. It would work well for those who do and do not own pets alike. I suggest opting for the HEPA particularly for those with allergies. But even if you don't order the HEPA filter initially, it can always be added at a later time.
Miele Antares S4210 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Smooth floors and carpets|
|Vacuum type:||Small canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||30 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial on canister|
|Wand:||Stainless steel, Telescopic wand|
|Bag type:||FJM HyClean|
|HEPA Filter:||No, but it may be purchased separately|
|Included Floor Tools:||Turbo Brush for carpets & Parquet Floor Brush for smooth floors|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 9" W x 8"H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and 1 year on parts and labor|