Miele Aquarius S5880 HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
- Item #: ML0062
- OUT OF STOCK
Miele Aquarius S5880 HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
Have you ever wanted a vacuum cleaner that will do all the dirty work for you? The Miele Aquarius vacuum cleaner is the "most intelligent" vacuum in Miele's S5 series because it automatically adjusts its suction level for optimal performance on any floor type. It even automatically shuts off in the park position for convenience and energy conservation. And of course it comes with an active HEPA filter in a sealed canister system. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe.
- The Active HEPA filter captures allergens like dust mite feces and pollen and conforms to the stringent European EN1822 filtration standard, trapping 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The Generally Activated Charcoal Filter traps chemicals and odors.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use.
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Automatic Suction Adjustment for optimal performance on any floor type.
- Impressive 30 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- State-of-the-art textured finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large HyClean dust bag with a 4.76 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Filter change indicator light lets you know when it's time to change the HEPA filter.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 13.5 pounds, making it easy to maneuver.
- Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomic, keeping the strain off your wrist.
- The Electric, Telescoping wand has two space-saving park positions, making it easy to store and carry.
- Auto Shut Off whenever the vacuum is placed in a park position for convenience and energy conservation.
- Comes with the SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Brush with genuine horsehair bristles, ideal for gentle but thorough cleaning of tiled and wood floors; rotates 90° and is exceptionally agile. It also comes standard with either the SEB217-3 Powerbrush for low to medium pile carpet or the extra wide SEB236 Powerbrush for any carpet; select the package that's best for you.
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7-Year Warranty on the motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele Aquarius S5880 HEPA Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SEB 236 Full Size Illuminated Powerbrush
Electrically-driven carpet tool with a 13 3/8"-wide brush roll provides you with 5 height adjustments for a variety of carpet densities. This carpet tool has a swivel neck for maneuverability, an integrated, light and all-around bumper strip to protect your furniture and an automatic shut-off when in the parked position. Recommended for deep cleaning medium and thick carpeting.
|SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Tool
A mixture of polyamide and natural hair ensures a gentle cushion for this floor brush which makes sure that tile, wood and other smooth surfaces are cleaned thoroughly with extreme care. It has a 90° rotation and is exceptionally agile at cleaning around obstacles such as table legs and in tight places.
A required component for the use of all electric powerbrushes. Versions vary depending on canister style used. Miele hoses all are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape.
The Galaxy series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The new ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist.
The HEPA filter conforms to stringent European filtrations standards (EN 1822). It actually traps 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns. The filter only needs to be replaced after 50 hours of use, or approximately 12 months. And, there is a handy spot right on the filter where you can write the date, eliminating guesswork.
The HEPA filter is sealed with a rubber edge, to prevent existing dust particles from escaping the filter.
The new HyClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
Write Your Own Review
Miele Aquarius S5880 Vacuum Cleaners
When it comes to electronic features and ease of use, the Aquarius comes out on top. This is the only Miele to offer an automatic setting when transitioning to different surfaces. In other models there is either a rotary dial or push button to adjust the speed when moving from different surfaces, but the Aquarius adjusts itself. I tested this model with the SEB236 and deluxe handle, and after using it on a thick rug (caked with dog hair), a thinner rug and a finished concrete floor, here is what I found.
What I like about the Aquarius
The Aquarius, fitted with the SEB236, was more than up to the task of pulling up ground in dog hair and dirt. After adjusting the different height setting on the brush, I was able to clean the medium pile rug easily. To give you a better idea about the surface, it is a 3'x5' rug that my dog used as his bed. So given the amount of time he spent on it, there were short hairs all through the fabric. I have used a Dyson product to clean this same rug, but did not get near the same results as the Aquarius.
The SEB-236 is a capable powerbrush. It moves and turns very smoothly, and being electric powered, this brush is stout enough to tackle the tougher cleaning jobs. This size powerbrush cannot be parked at the sides or back of the Aquarius. It is heavy and wide enough that it will stand on its own when in the upright position, and when you do lock the wand in this position, the vacuum will still run while the brush stops.
This is the only model that comes equipped with the Automatic Power Setting. In addition to the six selectable suction settings, the Auto setting will adjust the suction and speed of the motor depending on the flooring and mess you are cleaning.
The Aquarius is one of only a few Miele canisters that comes equipped with a HEPA filter change indicator. A small indicator light lets you know when you need to replace the Active HEPA filter.
When purchasing the Aquarius, you have the option of two powerbrushes, the standard SEB217-3 or the upgraded SEB236. The SEB236 is wider, height adjustable, equipped with Auto Shut Off (when parked), and features a bumper strip and light.
With the Aquarius you will find the features of all of the lesser models including, self-winding cord, large capacity bag, Active HEPA, deluxe ergonomic handle, adjustable wand, 7 year motor warranty, sturdy ABS plastic body, mini accessories under the hood, free and smooth movement, self-sealing bags, and a thermal shut off (and indicator light), to name a few.
What I do not like about the Aquarius
With the Aquarius you are really starting to climb in price, but Miele is a top of the line brand which produces quality products. To balance the initial cost, if you get the estimated 20 years out of this Miele, you will have saved hundreds of dollars over buying a cheaper model every three years.
The larger powerbrush can be a little unstable at times. Even though the SEB236 is heavier and wider, it did not feel very sturdy while I parked it to move the objects while vacuuming.
Aside from the initial cost, all of which would be made up in the longevity of this product as well as value added features, there are few drawbacks to the Aquarius. The Automatic Suction Control is an excellent addition that some will really enjoy, while the heavier cleaning ability and expanded electronic controls are things that everyone can make good use of.
Miele Aquarius S5880 HEPA Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Any floor type|
|Vacuum type:||Mid-size canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||30 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Automatic Suction Adjustment with +/- foot controls|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Deluxe Handle assembly with Powerbrush Control|
|Wand:||SET210 telescopic wand|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart HyClean dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||Yes, Active HEPA Filter plus Generally Activated Charcoal Filter|
|Included Floor Tools:||Parquet Floor Brush plus either SEB217-3 Powerbrush or SEB236 Powerbrush|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator Light:
|Filter Change Indicator Light:||Yes|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Silence Insulation :||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 10" W x 8"H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and 1 year on parts and labor|