Miele Classic C1 Delphi Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Fun and easy to use the Classic C1 is the perfect choice for price-conscious, first-time buyers and for those looking for Miele quality without paying the Miele premium price. Being light and easy to carry up and down the stairs it also makes a perfect 2nd cleaner or an excellent primary vacuum in homes where carpet is predominant. An electrically driven powerhead deep cleans carpet while the new, high capacity, 3D AirClean dust bag traps 99.9% of all particles. HEPA capable and versatile enough to be equipped with any Miele accessory or floor tool, the Delphi offers the right balance of cleaning ability and price with the quality and durability that is only found with a Miele home appliance.
*The Miele Delphi Classic C1 canister vacuum cleaner is the replacement for the Miele S2 Delphi. These two vacuums differ in color and model name only. All other features have remained the same.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years.*
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Impressive 29.5 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- Durable ABS plastic body and independent, rubber, 360& swivel wheels that won't damage floors and provide unmatched maneuverability.
- State-of-the-art soft touch finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- 3D G/N AirClean dustbag with a 4.76 quart capacity that allows for longer use and greater utilization of the entire bag capacity.
- Dustbag change indicator alerts you to replace the dustbag
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 13.5 pounds, making it easy to maneuver.
- Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomic, keeping the strain off your wrist.
- The SET 220 electric, telescopic wand has two space-saving park positions, making it easy to store and carry.
- Auto Shut Off whenever the vacuum is placed in a park position for convenience and energy conservation.
- Comes with the SEB217-3 Powerbrush for low to medium pile carpet. This electric floor tool is capable of tackling the toughest cleaning jobs and is perfect for edging around furniture and walls.
- VarioClip attachments include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing - 1 Year Warranty on limited parts
The Super Air Clean Filter traps dust particles.
Miele Classic C1 Delphi Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SEB 217-3 Powerbrush
This electrically-driven carpet tool with a 10.5" wide brush roll with floating head and swivel neck design is ideal for low-pile and medium-pile carpet care. Recommended for deep cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap on low to medium pile carpets with moderate densities.
The Miele Delphi series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The tools are stored on the VarioClip which can be attached to the hose at any location.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
With a more natural design, the ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist.
|3D AirClean Dustbag
The new 3D G/N Air Clean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
|Air Clean Filter
The AirClean filter is a multi-ply, electrostatically charged filter that traps visible and microparticles. It traps 99.95% of particles as small as 0.5 microns and 94% of particles 0.3 microns or larger. This filter lasts about as long as 5 dust bags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified filter bags. You can upgrade the Delphi to an H13 HEPA filter at any time.
- Superior German Engineering
- This is worth the price. No more sweeping our hardwood floors, this thing sucks up cat hair and cookie crumbs with the efficiency and grace of a BMW on the autobahn. Would be good if the cord had a few more feet.
- Great Gift for Mom!
- I bought this for my elderly mother who was no longer able to vacuum her home with her old, heavy-as-can-be clunker of a vacuum. She is struggling to maintain her independence and this Miele has really helped her to feel like she can do her own floors again. It is lighter weight and because it's a canister style, she has a much easier time with it. It is so quiet that her very young grandchildren love to use it and aren't afraid of it. It does the job better than any vacuum either of us have ever used and it was well worth the investment!
- Awesome little Sucker!
- Formerly being in the house cleaning business, I've used about every kind of vacuum that is available, including big name expensive brands like Electrolux and Oreck to lower end budget oriented models like Dirt Devil, Bissell and Hoover. About two years ago I purchased what I thought to be an upper end vacuum. To my great dismay and disappointment it lasted exactly 1 1/2 years. Thus, I began my two month search for the perfect vacuum. After reading hundreds of reviews and visiting several websites that sold all kinds of vacuums, Miele kept popping up. I had never heard of Miele before now which is strange since I thought I had heard of them all. Everywhere I went, every site, every review was outstanding on the Miele vacuums. Finally, after much debate I took the plunge and bought the Miele Delphi. I have a mix of about 50% carpet and 50% hard flooring in my house. I've had this little gem for a couple months now, and I will say to this point it is superior to any other vacuum I've used --EVER. The suction power is amazing and can be controlled depending on what the job is from hard floors to carpeting to upholstery to drapes. I chose this model because it came with the electronic power head which I preferred for the carpeting. The tools are easy to use and the vacuum is extremely lightweight which is of utmost importance to my bad neck and back. The only thing I have found that I can complain about with this vacuum is the length of the cord. But, I don't think I've ever met a vacuum with a long enough cord. It is not short, I just wish I could do my whole house without switching plugs. That being said, the cord length is such a minor issue in comparison to the quality and performance of this vacuum. I am extremely impressed by it--and that's hard to do with me--and I hope to have this little fantastic sucking machine for many years to come. The bags are awesome as well--self sealing and thick which is also important to me as an allergy and asthma sufferer--I have never seen a single poof of dust come from this machine.
- Miele Delphi
- This vacuum was more heavy duty than i expected. The stick and handle is made of steel and has some weight to it. I only have two bedrooms and one hallway of carpet, but a lot of hard floors, so this vacuum may be overkill for me, but it works very well. I have med-high pile carpet and on the highest setting it agitates the carpet very strongly, lifting up the matted areas. The edge cleaning abilities are incredible. With the hard floor attachment, it sweeps very thoroughly as well. One of the best aspects is that there is no "old vacuum" smell during use, thus negating the need to open the window while vacuuming. If you are obsessed with keeping your home clean, get this vacuum. But it is beyond what you need for light-duty cleaning.
- The best vacuum I've ever owned
- The Miele Delphi does an amazing job cleaning both carpets and hardwood floors. This model has the electric powered floor tool brush so your carpets will look great even if you have shedding pets. The vacuum is very quiet and there is no smell in the air it puts out. I am terribly allergic to dust and I've already noticed fewer headaches and sinus problems. I have changed the bag once and it was a very clean process, no exposure to dust or dirt. It's easily maneuvered and very lightweight which is a huge plus for me, being a small woman. I can vacuum my relatively spacious home often and very easily, including the stairs, which used to be a huge chore. There's really nothing I don't like about this vacuum cleaner!
- Powerful Machine
- Our 10 year old Oreck XL quit and I really wasn't too happy with it for a while. I was going to buy a Dyson, but did some research and discovered that a lot of people claim they break easily and are very expensive to repair. After a lot of research, I decided that Miele seemed to have one of the best reputations for their products. I decided on the S2 Delphi since it has the same motor as the much more expensive models, has the ergonomic handle, and I really don't need the HEPA filter -- although it is nice to know I can add it in the future if I want. Our floors are mostly carpet, so I also needed the power floor brush which comes standard with the Delphi. We've had the Delphi S2 for about 2 weeks now. It is the most powerful vacuum cleaner I have ever used. I can actually feel it pulling very hard on the carpet as I'm cleaning. I have never had a vacuum that I pulled so strongly. Our old Oreck was easier to push around the floor, but that was because it didn't have this kind of powerful suction. It really helps make the nap of the carpet look new again. Since it has the ability to control the amount of suction, a frail person that might find the full suction is too much could dial it down to a lower level. I haven't used the other tools yet, just the power floor brush. Achoo Allergy shipped promptly and called me to verify the shipping address. No problems at all. Thank you! I look forward to having this machine for a very very long time.
- Great little vacuum, worth the money
- I couldn't be happier with the Delphi. I actually look forward to vacuuming now. It is quiet, has great suction and is really easy to use. Has a very high quality feel to all the parts and is simple in design and functionality. It is also so light is makes doing stairs a breeze. No longer does it smell "like I vacuumed", very little dust or smell in the air after vacuuming like with the old electrolux I had, and mine doesn't even have the hepa filter upgrade. Great vacuum, worth the money, seems like it will last 20 years!
- Miele Delphi Vacuum Cleaner
- I had a miele vacuum cleaner in the UK I love this brand, as vacuum cleaners go I think they are the best, and although this is a different model from the one I had in the UK I am not disappointed it is light and easy to use and vaccums really well.
- So light and easy
- I absolutely love my new Miele Delphi. After "fighting" with my old upright and ending up with sore wrists after vacuuming it is now a pleasure to vacuum. It is lightweight and easy to move around. I vacuum more now and really don't mind taking it upstairs to vacuum. We have a cat and a dog and it seems to do a great job picking up pet hair on the carpet and upholstery. I thougnt I wouldn't like not having the tools concealed but they are really handy where they are and don't bother me at all.
- Product you won't be sorry you bought!
- This is the first time I'm writing a review, and it's only because I am very happy with this purchase. After much research, I opted to buy the Miele over other vacuums, including the Dyson This vacuum is easy to use and operate. It is light and I can easily carry it up the stairs. The bagged concept makes sense. It has great suction, yet very quiet. It is sturdy and you can tell by the materials used. I opted for the Delphi instead of the Olympus because I would rather have the turbo brush for the carpet. If I opted for the Olympus, I can't upgrade to the turbo brush later. I didn't get the Titan because I didn't think I need the HEPA filter and the floor brush, but I can always buy them separately if I want to later. The Titan is a better buy if you want both. I like the fact that it is made in Germany. German products are known for their high quality and standards.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Delphi Classic C1 Vacuum Cleaners
The Miele Delphi is the exact same vacuum as the Miele Olympus, with two major differences - it comes standard with the SEB-217 electric powerbrush and the deluxe handle assembly. With the powerbrush, the Miele Delphi is an economical alternative for someone looking for a Miele canister suited for carpet. Because this model lacks a smooth floor brush, I tested the Miele Delphi on carpet only, though it is worth nothing that you can always turn the brushroll off and use straight suction only to clean small areas of smooth floor with SEB 217-3.
What I like about the Miele Delphi Classic C1 Canister Vacuum
Overally, the largest upgrade to the Delphi over the Olympus is the introduction of electric. With electric run through the wand and hose, the Delphi gives you added versatility of tackling thicker carpet than you could with the air driven turbobrush.
The Delphi fitted with the SEB-217 was well-suited for the task of pulling up ground in pet hair and dirt. From thick, high pile carpet to thinner area rugs, the proven suction of Miele Vortex motor, combined with the powerbrush, makes the perfect carpet cleaning tool.
The SEB-217 is a very capable powerbrush. It moves and turns very smoothly, and being electric powered, this brush is stout enough to tackle the tougher cleaning jobs. Though this brush is not quite as wide as the SEB-236, it can be parked and edges very well.
Though the best feature of all of the Miele Classic C1 vacuum cleaners is the price, the use of the larger G/N dust bag is an excellent added bonus. The Miele C1 vacuum cleaners hold more per bag than either of their predecessors. These dust bags hold more dirt and dust and should over the life of the vacuum save The color is universally appealing and the weight is perfect for anyone who needs to do a wide range of cleaning throughout the house or who has to clean a couple floors.
With the Miele Delphi you will find the same features as some of the more expensive canister models including, self-winding cord, large capacity (self-sealing) bag, deluxe ergonomic handle, adjustable wand, 7 year motor warranty, sturdy ABS plastic body, mini accessories on the wand, free and smooth movement, and a thermal shut off to name a few.
What I do not like about the Miele Delphi Classic C1 Canister Vacuum
The lack of a smooth floor brush is a bit of a downside for this model. There are certainly several optional brushes you can purchase to fill this void, but if you want straight suction for smooth flooring you can always turn the brushroll on the SEB-217 off.
I don't feel the VarioClip is as good as advertised. Personally, I much prefer having the mini attachments stored away under the hood, but again, that's just a personal preference and a minor inconvenience at worst.
Like all Miele Classic vacuums, the Delphi lacks a true sealed system but still provides excellent filtration with the 9-ply bag and Super AirClean Filter.
Overall, the Miele Delphi is a another good introductory Miele canister vacuum cleaner. As 3rd in the Miele Classic C1 line, this HEPA capable vacuum gives you the ability to clean nearly any carpeted surface in a tidy, durable vacuum cleaner. With a 7 year warranty, long life expectancy, and low price point, the value of the Miele Delphi is nearly impossible to beat.
Miele Classic C1 Delphi Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Low to Medium Pile Carpet|
|Vacuum type:||Classic Midsize Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||29.5 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial Suction Controls|
|Handle:||Deluxe Ergonomic Handle Assembly|
|Wand:||Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag type:||3D G/N AirClean|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart dust bag|
|Included Floor Tools:||SEB-217 Powerbrush|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator Light:
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Silence Insulation :||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||18" L x 11.25" W x 8.5" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body casing - 1 year on limited parts|
Miele Classic C1 Delphi Canister Vacuum Cleaner Additional Resources
Miele Classic C1 Delphi Vacuum User Manual
Miele S2 Delphi User Manual
Miele Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Miele Vacuum FAQs
Compare Miele Classic C1 Vacuum Cleaners
Top Five Canister Vacuums
Why Buy From A Miele Authorized Dealer?