Miele Classic C1 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Miele Classic C1 Olympus is the entry level Miele canister vacuum that provides the great performance that Miele vacuum cleaners are famous for, around the world. This vacuum is perfect for hard wood floors, tile, and low-pile rugs and some carpeting. Allergy sufferers can upgrade this vacuum by purchasing a separate Active HEPA filter, but anyone can appreciate this quality piece at a very economical price. The new Miele Classic C1 series of canister vacuums is fun and easy to use, and is the perfect choice for price-conscious, first-time buyers and for those looking for a highly energy efficient cleaner with superior suction. Being light and easy to carry up and down the stairs it also makes a perfect 2nd cleaner. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean and filter the air you breathe.
*NOTE: *NOTE: The Miele C1 Olympus was formerly known as the S2120 Olympus. Aside from the change in model number, all other features have remained the same.
- The AirClean Filter traps visible and even ultrafine dust particles and allergens.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use.
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Impressive 29.5 feet operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- Durable ABS plastic body and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels that won't damage floors and provide unmatched maneuverability.
- State-of-the-art soft touch finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- 3D G/N AirClean dust bag with a 4.76 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Dust bag change indicator alerts you to replace the dust bag
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 9.5 pounds, making it easy to maneuver.
- Ergonomic Handle Assembly keeps the strain off your wrist.
- The stainless steel telescopic wand has two space-saving park positions which make it easy to store and carry.
- Comes with the SBD 350-3 Combination Carpet and Smooth Floor Tool which is ideal for all smooth flooring and low-pile carpeting.
- VarioClip attachments include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing - 1 Year Warranty on limited parts
Miele Classic C1 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SBD 350-3 Combination Carpet and Smooth Floor Tool
This classic combination floor tool is ideal for all smooth flooring and low-pile carpeting. Easily transition from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a quick click of the rocker switch located on the vacuum head.
The Miele Classic C1 series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The tools are stored on the VarioClip which can be attached to the hose at any location.
|Ergonomic Handle Assembly
The standard ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze with its smooth contour. A built in slide also allows you to reduce suction on the fly.
|3D AirClean Dustbag
The new G/N Air Clean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Superior design allows these bags to trap 99.9% of all particles before the air even passes through the filter. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
The AirClean filter is basic, electrostatic vacuum filter for the Miele Olympus. This multi-ply material features an electrostatic charge to better attract and retain dust and allergens. It filters 99.95% of particles as small as 0.5 of a micron. Each filter typically lasts as long as 4-5 filterbag changes, but can be changed more frequently if necessary.
- Nice little super sucker
- Great vacum olympus 2121 for my tile, concrete & oriental rug home, with a few caveats. Great suction, too much in fact so needed to purchase parquet brush for best results. Shockingly expensive @ $70!! Hose stiff, a bit unwieldy. Floor Attachments don't slid under low furniture, dusting brush is too small & stiff. Like units's light weight and compact storage. Good value for money.
- Great vac, great price.
- This is my first Miele vacuum. I have allergies, and I'm a clean freak. Before this, the only vac I used for years was a powerful small shop vac with a hepa filter. It worked really well actually, but the strong air flow would blow particulates around as it wasn't a closed system not to mention attachments were limited. The ol' shop vac would clean great but was loud and eventually stuff would settle and still seem dirty/dusty, etc. I knew I needed to get a closed system vac so started researching. I almost got the Calisto $600 more!, as everyone raved about it and I couldn't find many reviews on the Olympus. After researching every Miele model over and over, I still went with the Olympus at $299. I went with this model, simply because my cleaning needs are simple. My home is small 900 sq ft, modern and sparse just simple leather furniture, wood floors, slate and concrete. No drapes. No upholsteries. No rugs. I do have two dogs and a husband with alot of curly hair. I really really wanted to order an air driven turbo brush with this unit but...I just didn't see the need for it and I'm glad I didn't. I simply do not need anything more than the accessories and hard floor/carpet brush it came with. It works just great with these attachments and cleans what I need cleaned perfectly. I didn't even bother to get the fancy handle on the hose as I find those cumbersome more times than not, plus I had to keep to my shop vac roots! Pros are what Miele is famous for. Very quiet, wheels around nicely and doesn't tip over at all. It's light, you can carry it around to vacuum high places, stairs, etc. The telescoping wand is pretty light, yet still durable metal and can reach everywhere it seems you would need it to. You can attach the hose either on the end of the unit for flat storage or clip it into the back to store it upright, which is better for me. Another reason I chose this unit vs. jupiter was the larger bag design. I use this unit every day or every other day, have for almost a month with tons of room left in the bag still. I can see the probable cons of the unit however. Plastics and unit housing are lower quality, that's obvious. Hinges are plastic although you don't really need to open the bag changing door much. Attachments are housed outside the unit instead of in. b Though, I haven't had any troube with the vario clip falling off yet. The bristles on the attachments are lower quality than the more $ units but are working fine for me. The hard floor / carpet brush is good, probably doesn't move as smooth as the more $ units but still rotates fine to get under beds and couches. I wish the cord was 33 ft instead of 29 ft. I can almost reach everywhere but you always seem to need 4 more feet of cord a small extension cord solves that though. Overall, just "economical" feeling but, the winning vote for me was of course, the 20 yr motor life, and it has the same motor as all the others or so they say! Overall it's good, cleans as expected, remember I'm used to a powerful shop vac sucking everything in from miles away while blowing everything around miles away...It really does, as achoo allergy says, depend on your cleaning needs. I would surmise that if you had any kind of carpets, fabric furniture, drapes etc, go with a more $ model with electric hose or air driven brushes, etc. because that is what you would need. Achoo shipped this unit FAST, wow! And of course, their customer service is fabulous and their honest reviews and descriptions are what always keep me coming back. Such a great and caring company!
- Quick 'N Quiet Cleaning
- Best vacuum cleaner I've ever had. Great suction and I can actually hear the phone ring while vacuuming! Great on wood/tile flooring as well as low pile carpet on stairs and scatter rugs. A lightweight luxury.
- Worth it
- Before I got this vacuum I just had a handheld dust buster type vacuum. This lightweight vacuum comes with a HEPA filter to replace the normal dust filter inside. After vacuuming my entire ground floor apartment including the couch and cushions, I can feel a significant difference in how I feel and breathe!
- Olympic Olympus
- The olympus was perfect for me, light weight and light on the wallet. I have lots of tile and hardwood in my home and this was perfect for that type of flooring. I also bought the separate HEPA filter and I can really tell a difference in the air quality. It does good enough on the small amount of carpet i have and comes with a bunch of useful accessories. -Stephan the satifisfied customer_
- Sweet little German vacuum
- Well made German technological wonder. 360 degree pivoting wheels allow you to slide across the floor unrestricted. Excellent little vacuum cleaner.
- Super satisfied
- Unlike some of other reviews, I am totally satisfied with the suction. It works extremely well in my small apartment 900sq ft. with mostly hardwood floors and some short pile rugs. It sucked up bits of crackers and cheerios stuck in between sofa seat cushions with no problem. I like the hardfloor/rug flip switch on the sweeper - very convenient. Although I just keep it at the rug mode, since it makes the sweeper stick more closer to the floor, which makes the suction stronger. Some people have complained about the tools attachment, but they stay pretty securely attached on the bottom of the hose, and I am not bothered by them at all. I also like the fact that there are two separate hooks to keep your hose upright - one at the end of the machine for during cleaning, and one on the bottom of the machine, for storing. It feels like a very well made machine with a thoughtful design. One drawback I can think of would be the shorter cord. I can barely vacuum my living space with using just one outlet, but I live in a smaller apartment. Although, even if you have to move the machine and replug, the machine is really, really light, so that would help. Oh, and it is indeed extremely quiet. I didn't quite believe the hype until I heard it myself!
- Exceeded my expectations
- Who knew you could love an appliance?! I do.. I researched heavily, contacted the company, read reviews, and decided upon this model. Made in Germany, each bag sealed inside I have terrible allergies, lightweight + compact, moves 360� effortlessly, quiet, and can take a hepa filter not to mention Achoo Allergy offers the best deal hands down. I initially bought this for vacuuming my sofa with, but found that I can use it to vacuum SO many places I had never been able to clean/reach before. Top notch quality and design, for a price I can afford, that I imagine will last me a lifetime. I really appreciate this little guy!
Write Your Own Review
Miele Classic C1 Olympus Vacuum Cleaners
If you are looking for an economical, entry-level canister vacuum that retains the performance and quality of Miele's other vacuum cleaners, then the Classic C1 series is a great place to start. The Miele Olympus C1 vacuum is ideal for a person that has an apartment or small home with smooth flooring or area rugs. While it does not have some of the features that the higher end Miele vacuums have, it is a quality product that comes at a very attractive price point.
What I like about the Miele C1 Olympus Canister Vacuum
The Olympus is well suited for the task of vacuuming up dirt from smooth floors and area rugs. One of the best things about this new line of canister vacuums is that they come with the larger G/N dust bags. These dust bags hold more dirt and dust and should, over the life of the vacuum cleaner, save you some money. This is even more true with the introduction of the 3D AirClean bag. Not only does it feature better filtration, even at low suction settings, but the redesign has allowed for great utilization of the bag's capacity. Use more of what you get, and spend less on replacement bags in the long run. I also like the lotus white color and the finish of the Miele Olympus is one of the most universally aesthetically appealing of the entire Miele line of canisters.
The Olympus only comes with the AirClean Filter, so I would recommend upgrading by buying the separate HEPA filter if you are concerned about getting the best filtration Miele has to offer. Without the HEPA you still have the benefit of a 9-ply AirClean bag (which is the initial phase of filtration, removing 99.9% of all particles that enter the C1 Olympus), a pre-motor filter, and a AirClean filter. All of these make a vacuum that, unlike other, does not pollute your indoor air while cleaning your floors.
With the Classic C1 Olympus you will find the features of all of the more expensive canister models including, self-winding cord, large capacity (self-sealing) bag, ergonomic handle, adjustable wand, 7 year motor warranty, sturdy ABS plastic body, mini accessories on a VarioClip, free and smooth movement, self-sealing bags, and a thermal shut off.
In all, the most attractive feature of this is the price. You get a canister vacuum cleaner with superior suction and world class filtration, all in a durable, German crafted package. Miele has built a rock solid reputation when it comes to their products. So don't let this new lower price point fool you. Miele backs the quality and durability of the Olympus the same as it does their $2000 washing machines.
What I do not like about the Miele C1 Olympus Canister Vacuum
This is a small thing, but the only drawback of this vacuum is that the mini attachments fell off a couple of times while I was using the vacuum. There are three attachments that clip to the vacuum by a device called a VarioClip. Depending on if you are moving from room to room or going up and down steps, you might even remove these before vacuuming.
To be offered at such a low cost, the Olympus backs off the electronic features found in other Miele canister vacuums, nor is the Miele Olympus equipped with electricity or a pigtail. Knowing what your cleaning needs are and purchasing the vacuum that matches those is key to any purchase, and this is true with the Miele Olympus.
With the Miele Olympus you are at very bottom of the canister price range, but Miele is a top of the line brand which produces quality products. While it may not have the extras of a Miele C3 or C2, the Olympus retains the core of Miele's construction and innovative features all wrapped in a durable and inexpensive package that is built to last you two decades.
Miele Classic C1 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Smooth flooring, area rugs, and low-pile carpeting|
|Vacuum type:||Classic Midsize Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||29.5 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial Suction Adjustment|
|Handle:||Standard Ergonomic Handle Assembly|
|Wand:||Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag type:||3D AirClean G/N|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart filterbag|
|Included Floor Tools:||SBD 350-3 Combination Carpet and Smooth Floor Tool|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator Light:
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||18" L x 11.25" W x 8.5" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body casing - 1 year on limited parts|
Miele Classic C1 Olympus Canister Vacuum Cleaner Additional Resources
Miele Classic C1 Olympus User Manual
Miele S2 Olympus Vacuum User Manual
Miele Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Miele Vacuum FAQs
Compare Miele Classic C1 Vacuum Cleaners
Top Five Canister Vacuums
Why Buy From A Miele Authorized Dealer?