Miele Classic C1 Titan Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Fun and easy to use the Classic C1 Titan is the perfect choice for price-conscious, first-time buyers and for those looking for a highly energy efficient vacuum cleaner. Being light and easy to carry up and down the stairs it also makes it ideal for nearly household or simply as a second vacuum. The Miele Titan is recommended for hard surface flooring and medium pile carpeting. It comes with an H13 HEPA AirClean filter that removes dangerous dust and other particles from the air inside your home. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe.
The Miele Classic C1 Titan vacuum cleaner was formerly known as the Miele S2 Titan vacuum cleaner. Aside from the name/model number change, all features are the same.
- The HEPA AirClean filter captures allergens like dust mite feces and pollen and conforms to the stringent European H13 filtration standard, trapping 99.95% of all particles as tiny as 0.1 microns.
- New TimeStrip Indicator, on the filter, lets you know exactly when it is time to replace the filter. Push the green button and when the bar turns red, replace your HEPA filter.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use (45 min per week at highest setting).
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris
- Impressive 29.5 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- Durable ABS plastic body and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- State-of-the-art soft touch finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large 3D G/N AirClean dust bag with a 4.76 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Dustbag change indicator alerts you to replace the dustbag
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 9.5 pounds, making it easy to maneuver.
- Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomic, keeping the strain off your wrist.
- The SET 220 electric, telescopic wand has two space-saving park positions which makes it easy to store and carry.
- Auto Shut Off whenever the vacuum is placed in a park position for convenience and energy conservation.
- Comes with the SBB-3 Parquet Floor Brush, ideal for gentle but thorough cleaning of tiled and wood floors. It also comes standard with the SEB 217-3 Powerbrush for low to medium pile carpet. This floor tool is more than capable of tackling the toughest cleaning jobs and is perfect for edging around furniture and walls.
- VarioClip attachments include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing and 1 Year Warranty on limited parts
Miele Classic C1 Titan Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SEB 217-3 Powerbrush
This electrically-driven carpet tool with a 10.5" wide brush roll with floating head and swivel neck design is ideal for low-pile and medium-pile carpet care. Recommended for deep cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap on medium pile carpets with moderate densities.
|Parquet Floor Brush (SBB3)
The Parquet floor brush is designed for wood and tiled floors. It has two soft rollers for an easy gliding action and synthetic bristles that sweep gently over the floor surface and brush dust particles out of cracks.
The Miele C1 series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The tools are stored on the VarioClip which can be attached to the hose at any location.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist while giving you complete command while vacuuming.
|HEPA AirClean Filter
The HEPA AirClean filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it lets you know exactly when to replace it. The filter conforms to stringent European standards, trapping 99.95% of all particles as tiny as 0.1 microns. The new TimeStrip indicator allows you to press the button when you install the filter, and when the bar is red, it's time to replace. No guesswork! Each filter lasts approximately 12 months.
|Air Clean Dustbag
The new 3D G/N AirClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
- Plenty of suction
- I had the opportunity to use this vacuum while detailing my wife_s 9 year old mini van. Not only was it easy to use, it was really good with the details. I ended up using all the attachments a lot more than I thought I would, especially the crevice brush and the upholstery brush. The titan was light enough to move in and out of the car multiple times as I focused on cleaning different areas. Suction was plentiful and getting into hard to reach spaces was very easy once I took the extension wand off. So for cleaning cars, 2 thumbs up. We live in an apartment and this vacuum has done a fine job keeping our mixture of carpet and hardwood clean. We have a dog too and though he doesn_t shed much he does tend to make a mess. I tried using the parquet brush on the carpet on our stairs and found it difficult. It is much easier to attach the power head and plow through the carpet. It looks much better too after having been gone over with the power head. I do not know much about Miele but the quality in this unit seems high. When cleaning the car, I banged it around again and again on the various nooks and crannies and it was unphased. I would highly recommend this vacuum. I have not changed the filter or the bags yet but they seem easy enough to change out. Happy vacuuming!
- Great vacuum
- Works great, much quieter and stronger than any of my previous ones. Pricey, but I am hoping this will last at least 10-15 years.
- Miele Titan S2
- This is the best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned. Its very quiet, light and fantastic suction power. I have four cats and two dogs and did not want to pay extra for another version. The S2 does a great job on the animal hair. Floors have never looked this great. Great for those with allergies. The only draw back, I wish the power cord was another 10 feet longer.
- A Little Gem
- This vacuum meets all my requirements - simple to operate, visible and easy to interpret controls, and cleans both wood floors and carpets beautifully.
- Love this vacuum
- I have 2 cats and cleaning can be a challenge when they shed. This vacuum picks up the fur, the dust and is very lightweight. I can carry it as I vacuum, if I choose. During the summer my husband works outside and often tracks in dirt. This vacuum also picks that up without a lot of "back and forth." I had an upright bagless vacuum and felt that when I emptied the "bag" a lot of the dirt and dust just went back into the air. I feel like I'm breathing cleaner air and feeling better now.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Classic C1 Titan Canister Vacuum
When it comes to electronic features and ease of use, the Miele Titan comes out on top of the Miele Classic C1 Vacuum Cleaners. These combined with an extremely light weight make vacuuming seem less like a chore. I tested this model with the standard SEB-217 powerbrush and deluxe handle. After using it on a thick rug (caked with dog hair), a thinner rug and a finished concrete floor, here is what I found.
What I like about the Miele Titan Canister Vacuum
The Titan, fitted with the SEB-217, performed just as well as an Complete C3 Miele with a SEB-217-3 powerbrush. The suction power is just as great, and the electrically driven powerbrush was more than capable of picking up pet hair and ground in dirt. Again, on the medium pile rug, the results were in line with comparable Miele canister vacuum cleaners. After switching over to the parquet brush, I used the Miele Titan to clean a couple dusty corners and then a few high traffic areas. As I expected, with the suction of Miele's powerful Vortex Motor, the Miele Titan cleaned each of my test surfaces with ease.
The SEB-217 is a very capable powerbrush. It moves and turns very smoothly, and being electric powered, this brush is stout enough to tackle the tougher cleaning jobs that air-driven turbobrushes may struggle with.
The filtration of the Titan is a plus and will work well for anyone with mild to moderate allergies or asthma. It features the full 11-stage filtration of Miele's AirClean system, inluding the 9-ply filterbag, H13 HEPA filter, pre and post motor filters. While this model, as well as all Miele Classic C1 vacs, does lack the sealed system, the filtration is top notch and can remove the common allergens found in the home.
The finish of the Miele Titan is one of the most aesthetically appealing of the entire Miele line of canisters. Of the Miele C1 line the most recent addition to their canister vacuum cleaner offering, the Titan wins the beauty contest. In my opinion, Miele reinserting this color back into the lineup, after the retirement of the Antares, was a good move.
With the Titan you will find the features of all of top of the line Miele models including, self-winding cord, large capacity (self-sealing) AirClean filterbag, HEPA filtration, deluxe ergonomic handle, adjustable wand, 7 year motor warranty, sturdy ABS plastic body, and a thermal shut off, to name a few.
What I do not like about the Miele Titan Canister Vacuum
With the Miele Titan you are starting to climb in price, in terms of the C1 vacuum cleaners. But, Miele is a top of the line brand which produces durable, quality products. To balance the initial cost, if you get the estimated 20 years out of this Miele, you will have saved hundreds of dollars over buying a cheaper model every three years.
Similar to the Miele vacuums this model was built to replace, there is a "pigtail" for the electricity. In reality, using this type of electrical connection, as opposed to that used in the S5 or S4 Miele vacuums, is more cost effective. So while there is a small exterior electrical line, two things minimize and problems with this. First, the cord is only exposed for the last 8 inches or so. So, unlike the Miele Plus, it does NOT run outside of the vacuum, the full length of the hose and wand. Secondly, as I mentioned before, this feature helps to keep the cost of the unit down without diminishing performance and minimizing the aesthetic contours of the vacuum.
Aside from the initial cost, all of which would be made up in the longevity of this product as well as value added features, there are few drawbacks to the Miele Titan. The Miele Titan is compatible with most other Miele accessories and attachments, making it easy to upgrade and adapt to your specific needs. This compact HEPA canister vacuum is built to take whatever you can dish out and keep coming back for more. Unlike many manufacturers, with the Miele Titan, Miele has effectively lowered costs without compromising the quality, integrity or durability of their product.
Miele Classic C1 Titan Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Medium to high pile carpeting, hardwood, and tile|
|Vacuum type:||Classic Midsize Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||29.5 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial Suction Adjustment|
|Handle:||Deluxe Handle Assembly|
|Wand:||Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag type:||3D AirClean G/N|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart Air Clean dust bag|
|HEPA Filter:||H13 HEPA Included|
|Included Floor Tools:||SEB 217-3 Powerbrush and SBB-3 Parquet Floor Brush|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Silence Insulation :||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||18" L x 11.25" W x 8.5" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body casing - 1 year on limited parts|
Miele Classic C1 Titan Canister Vacuum Cleaner Additional Resources
Miele Classic C1 Titan User Manual
Miele Titan S2 User Manual
Miele Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Miele Vacuum FAQs
Compare Miele Classic C1 Vacuum Cleaners
Top Five Canister Vacuums
Why Buy From A Miele Authorized Dealer?