Miele Compact C2 Onyx Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Item #: ML0125
- IN STOCK
Ships tomorrow !
Miele Compact C2 Onyx Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Of the three vacuums in the Miele Compact C2 canisters, the Miele C2 Onyx vacuum is the only model that comes standard with a turbobrush and smooth floor tool. As the C2 equivalent of the Pisces, the Miele Onyx uses straight suction, two included floor tools, and powerful suction, generated by the patented Vortex motor, to provide you outstanding cleaning performance on all types of smooth flooring as well as low to medium pile carpet. As a midsize canister with a middle-of-the-road price point, the Onyx is lightweight and durable but high in value. The sealed system and excellent air filtration makes this vacuum ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers.
*NOTE: The Miele Compact C2 Onyx was formerly known as the S6270 Onyx vacuum cleaner. Other than the name/model number change, all other features have remained the same.
- The AirClean filter captures allergens, 99.95% of all particles as small as 0.5 microns.
- The AirClean System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The redesigned 1200W Miele Vortex Motor provides powerful suction for cleaning any surface.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use (45 min per week at highest setting).
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris and adds another layer of air filtration.
- Like more expensive Miele vacuums, the Onyx has a full 33 ft. operating radius with a newly added one-touch, automatic cord rewind.
- Durable ABS plastic body and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large 3D FJM Air Clean filterbag with a 3.7 quart capacity that allows for longer use and excellent filtration even at low suction.
- Dustbag change indicator alerts you to replace the filter bag.
- Automatic Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Enhanced Silence Insulation makes Miele C2 Onyx one of the quietest of all Miele vacuum cleaners.
- At only 10.25 pounds, the Onyx is lightweight and compact, making it easy to maneuver.
- Rotary Dial controls "click" as you adjust them to let you know when you've selected your suction setting.
- An ergonomic handle with a suction slide valve keeps strain off your wrist as you clean while giving you the ability instantly reduce suction from the handle.
- The stainless steel, telescopic wand can be parked in the rear position, making it easier to store.
- The Onyx comes standard with the SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Tool, Miele's signature smooth floor tool. It also includes the STB 205-3 Turbobrush for low to medium pile carpet and rugs.
- VarioClip attachments include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- Premium styling changes, including a brushed aluminum accent around the collar, new streamlined compartment latch, slight design changes and embossed logos distinguish the Compact C2 Oynx from the competition.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing and 1 Year Warranty parts and labor.
Miele Compact C2 Onyx Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|STB 205-3 Turbobrush
This lightweight carpet tool is driven by the suction and movement of the vacuum cleaner. It features an 11" wide brush roll, floating head design and 360° swivel neck provide excellent maneuverability.
Gentle cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap of low to medium pile carpets with lighter densities.
|Parquet Floor Brush (SBB300-3)
This signature Parquet floor tool is designed for wood and tiled floors. With a full 180° turn radius and gentle bristles, the Miele Twister is the ideal tool for cleaning any type of smooth flooring in your home.
The Miele C2 series vacuum cleaners come with 3 standard mini accessories, all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The tools are stored on the VarioClip which can be attached to the hose at any location.
As a multi-ply, electrostatic filter, the Miele AirClean filters offers basic microparticle filtration that exceeds the actual performance of many less expensive, HEPA vacuum cleaners. Filtering 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and above, the AirClean filter offers solid protection against allergens and common irritants. Best of all, this filter lasts about as long as 5 dust bags and is included free in each box of genuine Miele filter bags.
The FJM AirClean dustbag features 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Commonly referred to as Filterbags, the FJM AirClean bags not only trap dust and dirt but act as a the first layers of real air filtration. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
- Great Investment
- This is by far the best vacuum I have ever owned. It has very strong suction and is extreamly quiet. I purchased it mostly for my hardwood floors as my old upright left marks and scrathes. The hard floor brush fits under the basebords and furniture and the non-powered rotory carpet brush works great on my low pile carpets. Well worth the price!
- Powerful yet nimble
- We purchased our new Miele Onyx canister vacuum from Achoo Allergy last month after doing extensive research. The Onyx is maneuverable yet powerful. It's actually fun to vacuum and I'm finding I'm pulling it out to use more than I ever did with our clunky, heavy Electrolux. Achoo shipped our order immediately - and we saved the dreaded 9% California sales tax. Thanks Achoo, your web videos helped us decide to purchase from you and we're glad we did.
- Easy Vacuuming in Florida
- I recently moved from a mostly carpeted home to a condo with tile floors-the screen porch has indoor-outdoor carpet. The Onyx was affordable and perfect for my new home. It is lightweight and moves so smoothly-easiest vacuuming ever! The parquet floor brush works well for the tile and I use the turbobrush for the carpet on the porch. Highly recommend.
- Love this vacuum!
- We purchased this vacuum for our small office with mixed floors. We are so happy with our decision and were impressed by the power and elegance of the Miele! The vacuum works beautifully - easily cleans industrial carpets, wood floors, and works great for stairs. We could smell a difference after the first use and everything looked so clean! It is a breeze to use and not suffer from allergies after vacuuming. After back-to-back purchases of poor quality vacuums in the past, it is easy to see that the Miele S6 is worth every penny! Many of us in the office are in love with this vacuum and want to buy it for our own homes! Highly recommended for allergy sufferers. Quality you can see and feel at great value!!
Write Your Own Review
Miele Compact C2 Onyx Canister Vacuum
As the second model in the Compact C2 line, the Miele Onyx canister vacuum cleaner is very similar to the Topaz with the biggest difference being the non-electric hose. So you lose a little in carpet cleaning ability but in all other areas, the features and performance is identical. In comparing the two models and their performance in cleaning throughout the house, the Onyx gives a great performance. This is what we found.
What I like about the Miele Compact C2 Onyx Vacuum
The biggest difference between the Onyx and the Topaz is the electric hose. In terms of cleaning, this means the Onyx can only use straight suction floor tools. The Twister and the STB 205-3 come standard with the Onyx. One tile, linoleum, laminate and all other types of smooth flooring, the Twister is the perfect tool. The suction of the Miele allows for great cleaning results, and the bristles are gentle enough not to scratch but strong enough to dislodge crumbs, dirt and other debris that can accumulate in seams and other small crevices.
The STB 205-3 does an excellent job, even with pet hair, on low pile carpet and most rugs. While it can handle cleaning medium pile carpet, for pet owners it can sometimes take a little more work to dislodge pet hair from that density of carpet. In homes where there are no pets, the STB 205-3 works better on taller or more dense carpet. Pet hair can be difficult to remove, but by matching the density or pile of your carpet with the proper carpet brush, it is no problem at all.
The Miele C2 Onyx is a very durable machine. It handled my abuse with ease, and despite banging the canister off of nearly every piece of furniture I own, I noticed no marks on the furniture or the vacuum. While the body can certainly take some punishment, the motor is where the durability of a Miele truly shines. The redesigned Miele Vortex motor provides amazing suction but more importantly is built to last. Miele rigorously tests each model before going in to production. This is how they can warranty the motor for 7 years and estimate that each Miele should last you nearly two decades.
As far as upgrades on the Miele, the redesigned canister handle blends into the body, and the overall style changes are sometimes subtle but add to the overall appeal of the Onyx canister vacuum. Though, the one-touch automatic rewind is likely the best upgrade on this vacuum. Instead of holding the button down, you simply click it once and your cord fully retracts. Another slight style change is when you adjust the suction level, you get an audible "click" at each setting.
Though it lacks a HEPA filter the overall air cleaning ability of the Miele Onyx still outpaces comparable vacuums (and even some less expensive HEPA brands). With a 11 stages of filtration, the Onyx can remove more than 99.95% of all particles 0.5 microns or larger. The new 3D filterbag alone removes a whopping 99.9% of all particles. For even better filtration, opt for the HEPA AirClean Filter. With the HEPA filter the filtration level can meet or exceed the removal of 99.95% of particles as small as 0.1 microns.
What I do not like about the Miele Compact C2 Onyx Vacuum
When matched for the right home, there are no real drawbacks to the Miele Onyx. I could say that I would like a powerbrush instead of an air driven turbobrush, but low to medium pile carpet, it's simply not necessary for most people. I could also say that for allergy and asthma sufferers, I would like a HEPA filter. The HEPA filter is always optional and can be purchased at any time, but even without it, the Miele Onyx exceeds the actual filtration or the vast majority of vacuum cleaners available today. In reality, one pet peeve I do have with the Onyx is the same that I have with many of the Miele canisters - the VarioClip. It can be really easy to dislodge as you vacuum. I will say though, that with the Miele C2 canisters, the VarioClip seems to fit more snugly than the it does on the C1 models.
The Miele Compact C2 Onyx is a well built, stylish midsize canister vacuum cleaner. It is light enough to be used throughout the home and durable enough to provide you with years and years of cleaning service. Like all Miele's the Onyx is compatible with nearly all of the Miele accessories and attachments. The sealed system, self-sealing dust bag and 11 layers of filtration are features allergy and asthma sufferers will love. While, the suction, ease of use, unique styling and versatility are things anyone can appreciate in this vacuum.
Miele Compact C2 Onyx Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Low to medium pile carpeting, rugs, and all types of smooth flooring|
|Vacuum type:||Compact C2 Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||33 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial Suction Adjustment|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Handle with Suction Slide|
|Wand:||Telescopic, Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag capacity:||3.7 quart Air Clean dust bag|
|Included Floor Tools:||STB 205-3 and SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Tool|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes, One Touch|
|Silence Insulation:||Yes, Enhanced for quieter performance|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||17" L x 10" W x 9" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body casing - 1 years on limited parts|