Miele Compact C2 Topaz Canister Vacuum Cleaner
As top of the Miele Compact C2 line of canister vacuum cleaners, the Miele Topaz provides you the cleaning versatility of a high end Miele vacuum in a compact, inexpensive package. Two floor tools, a sealed system, electrically driven powerbrush and an extended cleaning radius are the highlight features of the Topaz. With better sound insulation and slight style and performance enhancements, the Miele C2 Topaz vacuum cleaner offers you a functionally elegant home appliance. Upgrade to a Miele HEPA filter you make the Miele Topaz the ideal cleaning machine for allergy, asthma and MCS sufferers with any style of flooring in their homes.
*NOTE: The Miele Topaz was formerly known as the S6270 Topaz. In addition to the change in model number, the Topaz is now Navy Blue in color. All other features have remained the same.
- The AirClean filter captures allergens, 99.95% of all particles as small as 0.5 microns, and 94% of all particles 0.3 microns and larger.
- The AirClean System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The redesigned 1200W Miele Vortex Motor provides powerful suction for cleaning any surface.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use (45 min per week at highest setting).
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris and adds another layer of air filtration.
- In line with Miele premium models, the Topaz features a 33 ft. operating radius with a newly added one-touch, automatic cord rewind.
- Durable ABS plastic body and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large 3D FJM Air Clean filterbag with a 3.7 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Dustbag change indicator alerts you to replace the filterbag.
- Automatic Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Enhanced Silence Insulation makes Miele C2 models the quietest of all Miele vacuum cleaners.
- Lightweight and compact at only 10.25 pounds, makes it easy to maneuver.
- Rotary Dial controls "click" as you adjust them to let you know when you've selected your suction setting.
- Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomic, keeping the strain off your wrist while giving you fingertip brushroll control.
- The SET 220 electric, telescopic wand has a rear park positions which makes it easy to store.
- Comes with the SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Tool, Miele's signature smooth floor tool. It also comes standard with the SEB 217-3 Powerbrush for low to medium pile carpet. This floor tool is more than capable of tackling the toughest cleaning jobs and is perfect for edging around furniture and walls.
- VarioClip attachments include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- New touches, including a brushed aluminum accent around the collar, new streamlined compartment latch, slight design changes and embossed logos add premium touches to the Miele Topaz canister vacuum cleaner.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing and 1 Year Warranty on limited parts
Miele Compact C2 Topaz Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SEB 217-3 Powerbrush
This independently-driven carpet tool with a 10.5" wide brush roll with floating head and swivel neck design is ideal for low-pile and medium-pile carpet care. Recommended for deep cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap on medium pile carpets with moderate densities.
|Parquet Floor Brush (SBB300-3)
This signature Parquet floor tool is designed for wood and tiled floors. The Twister can pivot a full 180° and has synthetic bristles that sweep gently over the floor surface and brush dust particles out of cracks. Slim and lightweight, this floor tool glides across all types of smooth floors.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist while giving you complete command while vacuuming. With the Deluxe handle you also have control of the brushroll and can switch to straight suction with the just the flip of a switch.
A required component for the use of all electric powerbrushes. Versions vary depending on canister style used. Miele hoses all are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape.
|Air Clean Filter & Sealed System
The AirClean filter uses multi-ply filtration media which is electrostatically charged to retain dust particles and allergens. It traps 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 microns and 94% of particles 0.3 micron. This filter generally lasts as long as 5 dust bags and is included free with each box of Miele FJM dust bags, but can also be purchased separately for more frequent replacement. You can also upgrade the Miele Topaz to full H13 HEPA filtration at any time.
The Miele C2 series vacuum cleaners come with 3 standard mini accessories, all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The tools are stored on the VarioClip which can be attached to the hose at any location.
|AirClean 3D Dustbag
The FJM AirClean dustbag features 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Commonly referred to as Filterbags, the 3D FJM AirClean bags not only trap dust and dirt but act as a the first layers of real air filtration capturing 99.9% of all particles while utilizing more of the bags capacity, even at lower suction settings. With a new design, these bags utilize more of their capacity, with higher efficiency ratings at lower settings. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
- This Vacuum Changed My Life
- I absolutely love the Miele Topaz. I heard about Miele through a friend that really knows her vacuums. She owns the Kona. My price point was closer to $500, and while I considered purchasing the s6 around that price, I am so happy I stretched my budget and went with the Topaz. If you have any carpet at all in your hardwood floor home, you will be happy you purchased the Topaz with the Electric Power Head. You will not regret it. The canister is compact, and glides through your home effortlessly. The suction is incomparable. The Hepa filter and the bags are amazing. Its true - the air is cleaner after vacuuming with your Miele. My home is cleaner than ever before. Every nook and crannie has been cleaned with the hand tools, and the vacuum follows you so effortlessly its amazing. It is light and powerful. You will not regret this purchase.
- A FIne Machine
- I had a Dyson upright I had bought on clearance, which is a good machine, but because of its size it couldn't get underneath things or in tights spaces, and pulling the hose out to use on stairs or in corners was clunky, and on one large area rug in my dining room, the suction was so great, even on its highest vertical setting, I had to use both hands and put my back into it to push it across the rug. That's when I decided I am looking for a more user-friendly, versatile vacuum, and this Miele fits the bill! My biggest question, after finding the Miele products, and getting over the sticker-shock, was what type of power head to get, since I have mostly laminate floors with persian-style area rugs, man-made fibers or wool, plus wall to wall low pile carpet in 2 bedrooms, and 2 dogs labs. So I read many reviews to see how it handled carpeting, and decided, between cost and practical, to get the Topaz with the SEB 217-3 powerhead plus a floorbrush. I was sure the air-powered head would not cut it for me. In my experience the Topaz's power head is doing great in pulling dog hair and dust off my area rugs, and is working fine on the wall-to-wall. You can turn the beater bar on/off with a button on the handle. With the floor brush its easy to get under and behind almost anything. The saving grace is the fact that you can adjust the suction power to 6 different settings, which lets you customize the power to fit your own needs. The attachments are very easy to click on or off. And its VERY quiet! I have no hesitation to carry it up or down steps as it is light and compact. Yes, the filters/bags are pricey, and I can't buy them locally, but its worth it to me for the ease of use, power, and air filtration. I paid an extra 50 bucks to get the HEPA filter since my husband has asthma. A well made, lightweight, beautiful red machine, and I love it!
- One Product Replaces Two
- I have hardwood floors, area rugs and carpet and have been using an Electrolux Oxygen canister[blue one-top of the line]and the Oxygen Upright for all my vacuuming. Both of these vacs are old so I started looking for replacements. My research included Miele and it sounded like the Topaz vacuum could handle all my needs.It has floor tools as well as a power brush for rugs and carpeting.I bought it and it handles all my different surfaces perfectly. It is light weigh and handles very easily-feel like I have gone from manual steering to power steering! My shoulder and back really appreciate this.This is a great product for my needs. If you have all carpeting, I would buy an upright vacuum. Otherwise the topaz vacuum should work very well for you.
- Lil Power House
- We received this Miele Topaz cleaner within 48 hours of placing the order. It is simply amazing. The compact size is great for maneuverability, as well as storage. But don't let the small size fool you. It is a cleaning beast for sure. This thing cleaned 3700 sq ft like a champ. Carpet, tile, hardwood, stone, furniture, draperies _?this thing handles it all. We have a central vacuum system in our house that is supposed to make it easy and efficient to clean. We are always looking for attachments, and carrying pieces all over the house. The Miele Topaz has everything conveniently attached and readily available. There was no dusty smell, and the air was allergen free. My eyes weren't itchy and no cough after vacuuming for many hours. When I was finished the complete pass through our home the bag was only about 1/3 full - and it did pick up a lot of dust, weekly dirt and scattered pet hair from our dog. The attachments are a strong, good quality. I used them all to do high ceiling corners, and under cabinetry in the kitchens and bathrooms, and several rooms of furniture. It was also easy cleaning the staircases throughout the house. I would strongly recommend this cleaner for anyone wanting a workhorse, with a smaller foot print. Even if your home is on the larger side you will enjoy the power and convenience of this Miele. I was on the fence between the compact and full size S8. I do not regret the decision as the weight and small size make it easy to get around quickly, and efficiently. It is a good choice all around.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Compact C2 Topaz Canister Vacuum Cleaner
As the best the compact class of Miele C2 vacuums, the Topaz displays many of the features of Miele's premium vacs while balancing its position as a midrange, compact canister. The cleaning versatility and design are in line with the best of the best while the sealed system and 9-ply filterbag are excellent features for allergy, asthma and MCS sufferers. With the new Topaz in hand, I set about testing the unit throughout my home.
What I like about the Miele Topaz Vacuum
The best feature about the Miele Topaz is the cleaning versatility. Not only does the Topaz come standard with Miele's signature smooth floor tool, the Twister, but this Miele "Powerline" model also has an electric wand and hose to power the SEB 217-3. On medium and low pile carpet, the SEB 217-3 shines. This electrically driven powerbrush easily extracted cat and dog hair from my rugs and the carpet in my bedroom. While transitioning to an area of linoleum, I simply flipped the brushroll control switch on the handle, turning off the brushroll, and used the straight suction to vacuum the entryway. For thick or high pile carpet, you may find you have a difficult time though since the 217-3 lacks height adjustment. The Twister worked great on the tile in the kitchen and bathroom, and the suction is powerful enough to pull in debris without having to physically move over it with the floor tool.
The redesigned motor is my next favorite feature. The Miele Vortex motor has long been a staple in Miele canister and upright vacuum cleaners. This 1200W powerhouse provides amazing suction in one compact package. Displaying the best in German engineering, the Vortex has been tested to last 20 years, and with the new design, the noise level is even less than its already-quiet predecessor. Miele has so much faith in the Vortex that this motor is warrantied for an industry leading 7 years.
Over the last couple of years, Miele has placed even greater emphasis on air filtration. Their innovation has made Miele vacuum cleaners the best vacuum cleaner for allergy, asthma or MCS sufferers who are concerned with indoor air quality. The sealed system and 9-ply filter bag keep air moving through the system while filtering out large and medium sized particles. As a comparison, the Air Clean filter in the Topaz provides you about the same filtration as an N95 mask. For people with more moderate to severe allergies, I would opt to upgrade to the Active HEPA filter. For pet owners, like myself, I have always been partial to the Active Clean filter since the greater quantities of active carbon filter pet odors longer (and it's helpful to note that I don't suffer from allergies).
With the C2, Miele introduced a series of slight design changes, some functional and some purely aethestic. Of the functional changes, my favorite is the one-touch auto cord rewind. With other Miele's, you press on the cord rewind button/switch and hold it down while the cord retracts. With the Topaz you simply press it once, and it fully retracts. The handle to open the canister compartment has also been streamlined, so it blends into the shape of the body.
On the design end of the spectrum, Miele made slight tweaks to the look of the body of the Compact C2 Topaz and added an aluminum accent collar where the hose attaches to the canister. On the rotary dial, when you change the suction level, it actually clicks into place. These are all small changes but add quality touches to the Topaz, and all work to place the brand at the top of the vacuum cleaning world.
The FJM dust bag is always convenient to change. For me the sealing sealing collar is great. Though I have pets, I have to admit, I am a bit excessive in my quest to remove all pet hair. When I use a broom, particularly if the sun is shining in on the floor, I always notice hair floating. It never feels like the floors are truly clean, and when emptying the dust pan the finer debris roils up like a mini-mushroom cloud of dander. This is NEVER the case with the Topaz's FJM bags. Best of all, a recent redesign as allowed for better airflow and greater utilization of each filterbag's capacity. This means when the bag is full, it is truly full.
Other things I like about the Miele Topaz are more standard features of all Miele vacuums. The Topaz is lightweight, and the reach is really the best I've used. One thing I like demonstrating to people is the hose durability. I've literally tied it in knots, and each time, it springs back (big advantage over most other vacuum hoses that kink). The mini accessory are great for cleaning baseboards, ceiling fans or other areas. Lastly, Miele canisters, this C2 canister rolls easily across any surface.
What I do not like about the Miele Topaz Vacuum
I have only two minor complaints about the Topaz. First, I really wish the HEPA came standard. I give Miele a lot of credit for the AirClean filter, as well as the sealed system, premotor filter and filterbag, but for allergy and asthma sufferers, the HEPA filter is really the way to go. With the HEPA filter installed, you can literally put a particle counter over the exhaust of the Miele and get a 0 particle reading.
My only other complaint with this model is the overall cleaning reach. While and extra 3' of reach doesn't seem like much when compared to a C3 canister, when I'm SO close to being able to clean the whole house while changing electrical outlets only one time, I can't help but with the cord was just a bit longer.
The Miele Topaz is a great vacuum cleaner for most homes. It provides good to excellent filtration, top notch suction and cleaning ability, durable construction and a variety of smaller features that all add value. Like most Miele vacuums, the Topaz is not in everyone's budget, but there really is no substituting quality. Miele truly hit the mark with C2 Topaz!
Miele Compact C2 Topaz Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Low to medium pile carpeting, rugs, and all types of smooth flooring|
|Vacuum type:||Compact C2 Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||33 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial Suction Adjustment|
|Handle:||Deluxe Handle w/ Brushroll Control|
|Wand:||Telescopic, Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag type:||FJM 3D AirClean|
|Bag capacity:||3.7 quart Air Clean dust bag|
|Included Floor Tools:||SEB 217-3 Powerbrush and SBB 300-3 Parquet Floor Tool|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes, One Touch|
|Silence Insulation:||Yes, Enhanced for quieter performance|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||17" L x 10" W x 9" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body casing - 1 years on limited parts|