Miele Complete C3 Brilliant Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Item #: ML0138
- IN STOCK
Ships tomorrow !
Miele Complete C3 Brilliant Canister Vacuum Cleaner
It is never easy replacing HEPA vacuums that have been the most popular models in Miele's over 100 year history, but with the new Miele Brilliant Complete, they just may have succeeded. The Brilliant takes the very best that made previous canister vacuum lines so popular and pushes them even further, adding luxury features and making practical improvements that you can see, feel and hear. From reduced noise and more intelligent controls to greater convenience and an improved ergonomic design, the Miele C3 Brilliant will clean nearly any floor surface in your home while removing allergens and improving indoor air quality. Sleek and modern styling blends luxuries found in high end automobiles and electronics into this top-of-the-line home appliance. The result is the pinnacle of form and function right in your home. Quite simply, the Miele Brilliant is the best HEPA vacuum cleaner that Miele has ever built.
*NOTE: The Miele C3 Brilliant Complete vacuum was formerly know as the Miele S8 UniQ. The primary differences between models are the new Brilliant has a slightly different color, includes three floor tools (the 236, Twister XL, and a combo tool), and lacks the velvet lined tool compartment.
- The AirClean System provides 11 layers of filtration and seals to prevent air leakage. As the leader in vacuum filtration, each Miele actually improves indoor air quality by using superior filtration to ensure that the air coming from your Brilliant is cleaner than the ambient air in your home.
- As a key component of the AirClean system, the Active HEPA Filter is tested and certified to trap 99.95% of particles as small as 0.1 microns.
- The 9-ply G/N 3D AirClean dust bag can hold up to 4.76 quarts and traps large particles and allergens.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides powerful suction with reduced noise and emissions.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are rigorously tested to last an average of 20 years residential use (approximately 45 minutes per week at highest setting), and each vacuum is tested prior to leaving the factory floor.
- With a longer cord, the Brilliant offers an expanded 36 ft. operating radius with a convenient One-Touch cord rewind switch.
- Enhanced Silence Insulation combined with the encapsulated motor makes the C3 Brilliant the quietest vacuum Miele has ever created. You can easily hear the doorbell or phone even when operating it on the highest suction setting.
- Always the trend setter, this Miele vacuum comes with a glossy metallic finish and a raised, velvet bumper strip to protect the vacuum and your furniture from scuffs and scratches.
- The C3 Brilliant comes standard with additional touches of class - a raised Miele logo, LED underbody lights, and true chrome accents.
- Dust bag change indicator alerts you to replace the dust bag, while a separate filter change indicator, located on digital display panel lets you know when it is time to replace the HEPA filter.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Lightweight, with a ribcage style design, the Miele Brilliant weighs in just under 11 lbs. - 2 lbs. less than comparable S5 models! This design also allows for proper airflow through the vacuum regardless of how full the bag is.
- The Deluxe Ergonomic Handle Assembly allows for a comfortable cleaning motion while the integrated brushroll and suction controls put complete control of the vacuum right at your fingertips.
- The Stainless Steel Telescopic Wand fully extends and retracts to increase reach for amazing above-the-floor cleaning.
- Like other Miele's, the Brilliant offers three space-saving park positions. The park position at the base of the unit automatically puts this C3 Complete into Standby Mode, while the side park positions are LED illuminated.
- Standby Mode saves power while the vacuum is parked but provides convenience when life interrupts while cleaning.
- The Automatic Suction setting provides ease and convenience and is environmentally friendly by only using as much power as needed for your specific cleaning task.
- As the standard carpet tool, the Brilliant comes with the SEB 236 Powerbrush that is well suited for use on all carpet styles. The electrically driven carpet tool cleans deeply and features a height adjustment pedal and LED light to illuminate your cleaning path.
- SBB 400-3 XL Parquet Floor Tool is a cut above the standard smooth floor tool for this model. Gentle, but firm, bristles dislodge debris while the extra wide, slim design of this 16" brush allows for quick cleaning of large spaces.
- In addition to your smooth floor and carpet cleaning attachments, this is the only Miele vacuum that comes with a third floor tool, the SBC 285-3 AllTeQ combo tool. With retractable bristles and a velvet strip to dislodge hair, this adds another option in terms of choosing the right tool for your specific flooring needs.
- A Crevice Tool for tight spaces, Dusting Brush for delicate cleaning, and Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains are neatly nestled in a custom molded storage compartment (under the hood).
- The Miele Brilliant is the only Miele vacuum that comes with a worry-free, 10 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing - 5 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele Complete C3 Brilliant Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
Electrically-driven carpet tool with a 13 3/8"-wide brush roll and 5 height adjustments for a variety of carpet densities is the best carpet tool that Miele has to offer. This carpet tool has a swivel neck for maneuverability, an integrated LED light to illuminate your cleaning path, an all-round bumper strip to protect your furniture and an automatic shut-off feature when in the parked position. Recommended for deep cleaning of all types of carpet from thin and low pile to dense, thick carpeting.
|SBB 400-3 XL Parquet Floor Tool
Even on delicate flooring the polyamide bristles are tough, but gentle in removing debris and cleaning up messes. With the widest cleaning path of any smooth floor tool, the Twister XL has a 16" cleaning path, allowing you to tackle the largest areas of smooth flooring quickly. A swivel neck design allows the Twister XL to angle and fit through most tight spaces and underneath almost any type of furniture.
By monitoring the air pressure at the floor tool, the Automatic Suction Control on the Miele Brilliant automatically adjusts the suction to the type of flooring you are cleaning. For carpet the suction level lowers to allow for smooth movement across the surface without any sticking or catching. On smooth flooring like tile or hardwood, the suction level increases allow for effective cleaning around edges. By automatically adjusting, this Complete C3 ensures that only the power required to clean each specific surface is used, meaning more efficient energy consumption and less waste.
|Deluxe Ergonomic Handle
No one wants cleaning to feel like work, and with a handle that is specially designed and tested for comfort and functionality Miele takes the work out of keeping a clean home. The shape allows for a natural grip that reduces stress and strain on the hand and wrist. The deluxe controls provide complete control of the vacuum without ever having to bend over. Suction can be adjusted with a set of +/- controls and you can turn the brushroll off and use straight suction to clean areas of smooth flooring. Convenience and functionality are hallmarks of this handle.
|HEPA AirClean Filter
The HEPA filter conforms to the new European H13 filtration standards, trapping 99.95% of all particles, even though as small as 0.1 microns. Though not necessary with the Miele Brilliant, each HEPA filter does come with a built-in TimeStrip indicator that lets you know when to replace the filter. Each HEPA filter also features a sealed rubber edge, to prevent exiting dust particles from bypassing the filter.
The 3D AirClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction that increases airflow while improving filtration and utilizes more of the bag's capacity than ever before. This color-coded, spring-loaded, self-sealing dust bag is a key component to Miele's AirClean system.
|Illuminated Park System
The Brilliant C3 is the only Miele premium canister that features a series of LED lights around the park system to make parking your vacuum and storing it just a little more convenient. These capacitor powered LED's do not require batteries and stay lit for 30 seconds after powering the vacuum down. They can illuminate the cleaning surface as you vacuum or a closet where you store your Miele.
Like other Miele's, the Brilliant has three above-the-floor cleaning accessories that are conveniently located "under the hood." These three tools allow you to clean nearly any surface or area in your home and store snugly in a custom molded compartment. They are always within reach, and you'll never have to waste time searching for lost vacuum accessories!
- Creme de la Creme of Vacuums
I love the color and just how easy it is to use throughout my home. Let me back up, I felt that if I was going to spend over $900 for a vacuum I may as well shoot for the best and the best is what I got. It does great on my areas of carpet, and though I was a bit scared at first, it was gentle enough to use on a beautiful, hand woven Persian rug my husband purchased last summer . I love the light on it and the hardwoods always look marvelous after using my parquet brush. I bought it as a birthday present to myself and I am happy that I did! You will have no regrets with this one.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Brilliant Complete C3 Vacuum Cleaners
After years of development, Miele has designed a vacuum cleaner line that they feel can surpass the quality, performance and popularity of all previous canisters. Building upon that foundation, the Miele C3 Complete vacuums offer unique enhancements and features that work to surpass their high standards. As the flagship model of this new line, the Miele Brilliant displays the very best that Miele has to offer in a vacuum cleaner.
Before reviewing this model, please note that the Miele C3 Complete Brilliant canister vacuum is an upgraded version of the previous model, the Miele UniQ S8 vacuum. There are a few differences to keep in mind. The new Brilliant comes with three floor tools. Not only is a combo tool now included, but the smooth floor tool was upgraded. The color of the canister was also changed, and velvet was removed from the onboard tool storage compartment. The price remains the same, so in essence, you get better floor tools for the same price!
What I like about the Miele Brilliant C3 Canister Vacuum
Performance - With a 1200W workhorse powering the Brilliant, there is no lack of suction. Other brands try to differentiate themselves with brand specific categorizations, but the Vortex motor has proven itself to be unmatched. On smooth flooring, the XL Parquet Tool is both gentle enough for softer flooring but stout enough to dislodge debris. Plus, it's wider than the standard Twister tool, making it easier and quicker to clean larger areas of smooth flooring. The SEB 236 continues to be one of the best all round tools for carpet. LED lights illuminate your cleaning path, while an independent motor powers a brushroll that cleans deep. A height adjustment pedal and fingertip brushroll control allow for an on-the-fly transition across multiple types of flooring. On thicker carpet like Saxony or Frieze, the SEB 236 will restore matted or crushed fibers, remove loose fiber and debris. I dropped the height of the brushroll down, and the 236 worked great for removing pet hair and dirt from low pile Berber. In the kitchen and dining room, the Parquet tool cleaned with ease, rolled along smoothly, and allowed for the suction to really pull debris from edges and underneath things like the stove and refrigerator.
Filtration - Independently certified and conforming to rigid EU H13 filtration guidelines, Miele's AirClean System is the best filtration available today. This isn't as surprising when you consider Miele was the first to offer a HEPA certified vacuum cleaner. This is, however, an understated and often overlooked benefit for allergy and asthma sufferers. As air enters the Brilliant, the 9-ply dustbag filters smaller and smaller particles, up to 99.9% of all particles that enter. After passing through a pre-motor filter, the air then travels through the H13 HEPA filter, eliminating allergens like dander, dust mites, pollen and the most damaging particles in the air you breath. The end result is air that filters out a minimum of 99.95% of all particles particles, even trapping those as small as 0.1 microns. Ultimately, the AirClean System sets a new bar for improving your Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) while cleaning your floors.
Control - One of the biggest complaints with many vacuums is having to bend down each time you want to adjust suction. Ditching the rotary dial controls, the Miele Brilliant allows you to control everything from your fingertips or with your foot. Vacuuming the carpet in the bedroom and don't feel like switching floor tools to clean the tile in the master bath? No problem, flip the brushroll off (via the handle) and use straight suction only. Vacuuming a rug? Again, simply adjust the suction down on the handle and you're all set. On the canister, there is a one-touch cord rewind button. Simply press it once when you're finished and it automatically retracts the cord. If you want to take some of the guesswork out of suction while saving money, set the Brilliant to Automatic. This setting adjusts suction levels to use only the power needed to clean the particular surface you are on at the time.
Maneuverability - Miele's patented 360° casters allow for smooth, even movement around the house. The canister glides across linoleum and hardwoods, while quietly following you as you clean across carpet. A cord that is 3' longer than past models gives you even more cleaning reach throughout your home (1 outlet change to clean my entire ranch style home from end to end). The handle is largely as it was with S5 models. It fits well in your hand and reduces strain. Across the board, all Miele components are built to glide, swivel, bend and turn with ease.
Luxury - Fancy is a bit of an understatement when it comes to the Miele Brilliant. Miele took several queues from high end autos to give the Brilliant a sleek style and feel that is all its own. From the deep, metallic finish and true chrome accents, to the raised chrome Miele logo and LED park and underbody lights, the influence of modern luxury automobiles, like Mercedes, is fairly evident. Miele has always been one to put the "luxury" in the term "luxury home appliance". (As a side note, this made me feel a little bad as it bounced off tables, chairs and other furniture in my home.)
Sound - I remember having to yell to my mother when she was running her old Eureka. Miele broke new ground with S7 uprights by producing a vacuum that was quiet enough to hear the phone ring, a knock at the door, or your child asking for a juice box. The Brilliant is easily of the quietest vacuums ever produced. Thanks to an encased motor and insulation, Miele was able to further reduce noise with this model to create a vacuum that doesn't even sound like a vacuum!
Odds and Ends - Each C3 Brilliant is tested before it leaves the factory to ensure that when it arrives to you, it performs exactly as it should. A new velvet covered 3D bumper protects the vacuum as well as your furniture from the inevitable bangs and collisions while cleaning. From the durable ABS shell that withstood my downright abuse in testing to a hose that I literally put four knots in (just to ensure it would bounce back to its original shape), the new Miele Brilliant not only performs and looks great doing it, but it lasts. To back this up, Miele has offered the longest warranty ever on this model - a full 10 Year Warranty on the motor and 5 Year Warranty on parts and labor. That type of confidence and peace of mind is years ahead of the rest of the industry.
What I do not like about the Miele Brilliant C3 Canister Vacuum
Price - There is really no getting around it, price will be the biggest drawback for most people when it comes to this canister vacuum. This combination of performance and luxury has a price, and that is $1499. Granted, you get a great deal for that price, and ultimately you get a vacuum that is tested to last 20 years. Think about it like this. If the Brilliant lasted you 20 years, it would mean your initial cost is only $75 a year. So when you put it in perspective and view it as something you're making a 20 year investment in, it makes it a bit easier to justify.
The various influences Miele had in creating the C3 Complete line of canister vacuums come together to create a stylish, top-performing Brilliant. No matter your cleaning task, it's perfectly suited to deliver the results you demand. The filtration is the best in the world, and the quality and durability of the Brilliant cannot be found in any other canister vacuum cleaner. A sleek, well appointed design perfectly compliments the core cleaning ability, while intelligent controls and superior components make this premium C3 canister the most hygienic, effective and truly Brilliant vacuum available today.
Miele Complete C3 Brilliant Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||All Types of Flooring|
|Vacuum type:||Full Size Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||36 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Integrated Handle Controls|
|Handle:||Deluxe Ergonomic Handle|
|Wand:||Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag type:||G/N 3D AirClean|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart AirClean dust bag|
|HEPA Filter:||Yes, H13 HEPA AirClean|
|Included Floor Tools:||SEB 236, SBB 400-3 XL & SBD 285-3 AllTeQ Combo Tool|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator Light:
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes, One Touch|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19.2" L x 10.8" W x 8.9" H|
|Warranty:||10 years on the motor and body casing - 5 year on limited parts|