Miele Complete C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner
As the introductory model of the Complete C3 line, the Miele Calima canister vacuum offers powerful suction, a 11-stage filtration and fully sealed system to clean throughout homes with mostly smooth floors or low pile carpet. By incorporating a few noticeable upgrades, like push button instead of rotary dial controls, the Complete C3 Calima is a better value, at a lower price, than Miele it directly replaces, the Miele Pisces. Two floor tools, the AirClean system, quiet operation, and an array of premium features make the Calima an ideal, smooth-floor, canister vacuum for anyone dealing with allergies or asthma.
*NOTE: The Miele Calima was formerly known as the S8390 Calima. Aside from the change in model number, all other features have remained the same.
- The AirClean System provides 11 layers of filtration and seals to prevent air leakage. As the leader in vacuum filtration, each Miele actually improves indoor air quality by using superior filtration to ensure that the air coming from your vacuum is cleaner than the ambient air in your home.
- As a key component of the AirClean system, the H13 HEPA Filter is tested and certified to trap 99.95% of particles 0.1 microns and larger while a new TimeStrip Indicator quickly lets you know when it is time to replace the filter.
- The 9-ply G/N AirClean dust bag can hold up to 4.76 quarts and traps large particles and allergens.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides powerful suction with reduced noise and emissions.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are rigorously tested to last an average of 20 years* residential use, and each vacuum is individually tested before shipping.
- Easy to use +/- Foot Controls eliminate the need to bend down while adjusting suction. It can all be done with a simple tap of the foot.
- The Calima provides a full 36 ft. operating radius with a convenient One-Touch cord rewind switch.
- Enhanced Silence Insulation and an encapsulated motor make the C3 Calima quieter than nearly all other vacuum cleaners.
- A 3D bumper strip helps to protect the vacuum and your furniture from scuffs and scratches.
- Dust bag change indicator alerts you to replace the dust bag, while a separate filter change indicator lets you know when it is time to replace the HEPA filter.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Lightweight, with a ribcage style design, the Miele Complete C3 Calima weighs in just under 11 lbs. - 2 lbs. less than comparable C3 models! This design also allows for proper airflow through the vacuum regardless of how full the bag is.
- The Stainless Steel Telescopic Wand fully extends and retracts to increase reach for amazing above-the-floor cleaning.
- The Calima comes with the Miele Parquet Floor Tool, ideal for smooth flooring of all types, as well as the STB 205-3 turbobrush which is perfectly suited for low pile carpeting and rugs.
- A Crevice Tool for tight spaces, Dusting Brush for delicate cleaning, and Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains fit neatly in an under-the-hood storage compartment.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing - 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele Complete C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|STB 205-3 Turbobrush
Using powerful suction created by the Miele Complete C3 Calima, the STB 205-3 turbobrush is the perfect tool for low pile carpet and rugs. The air-driven brushroll is just powerful enough to extract dirt and pet hair from low carpet and features an 11" wide brush roll, floating head design and 360° swivel neck to provide excellent maneuverability.
|SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Tool
Perfect for use on all types of smooth flooring, including tile, linoleum, hardwoods, laminate, and PVC, this floor tool uses a mixture of polyamide and natural hair bristles to ensure a gentle cushion while cleaning. The bristles dislodge and loosen and allow the powerful Miele suction to clean quietly and effectively. It has a 90° rotation and is exceptionally agile at cleaning around obstacles such as table legs and in tight places.
Unlike the hoses of other vacuum cleaners that can kink, crimp and dramatically reduce airflow, the SES hose of the Miele Calima is virtually indestructible. Versions vary depending on canister style used, but Miele hoses are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape.
The Complete C3 canister series comes with three included tools, all useful for above-the-floor cleaning, including upholstery, shelves, baseboards, ceiling fans and more.
|3D AirClean Dustbags
The AirClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction that increases airflow while improving filtration. This color-coded, spring-loaded, self-sealing dust bag is a key component to Miele's AirClean system.
|H13 HEPA Filter
The H13 HEPA filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it also now features a Timestrip Indicator to let you know exactly when to replace your filter. The filter exceeds HEPA standards and has been independently tested, trapping 99.95% of all particles as small as 0.1 microns. Replace after 50 hours of use (approximately once per year) or simply push the green button on the filter when you install it new, and once the indicator strip is red, replace it!
- No review title given
- My Miele Calima was a really good buy for me: It_s a very fool proof piece of equipment, easy to use. It_s a really light weight machine, and easily rolls around my apartment while I vacuum. I can just retract the cord with a single push of a button- this makes it easy for me to be lazy? I know it_s a small feature, but I like how the HEPA filter has a small spot where you can jot down the date of when you first started using it, so you know when to change it again. Devil_s in the details! And I love love love the yellow. Adds a little color in my cleaning routine!
Write Your Own Review
Miele Complete C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner
As the introductory model of the new Miele S8 line of canister vacuum cleaners, the Miele Calima is a direct replacement for the Pisces. With that being said, it offers the same great features that the were standard with the Pisces, with a few noticeable upgrades (and actually, a slightly lower price). I took our display model of the Calima and spent a week using and testing it in a variety of cleaning situations. Though best suited for smooth floors and light carpet, here is how the C3 Calima held up.
What I like about the Miele Complete C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner
Before beginning, I wanted to compare the Calima to its predecessor, the Pisces. Both have Miele's signature CleanAir System (HEPA filter, sealed system, 9-ply dust bag, and 11 total layers of filtration) as well as the larger capacity, self-sealing G/N dust bag, and two standard floor tools. Where the Calima steps above the Pisces begins with the controls. Gone are the older style rotary dial controls, as the Calima uses the +/- foot pedal buttons to control suction. And instead of having to hold down the button to retract the cord, the Calima features the one-touch cord rewind, so now you can completely control this Miele without having to bend down.
In terms of cleaning ability, the Miele Calima performs nearly identically to the Pisces. On smooth floors, the parquet floor tool glides along allowing the suction to pull in dirt, hair and debris without having to run the tool directly over it. On carpet the STB 205-3 works well. I have enough experience with Miele models to know, but just as an FYI, do not expect this tool to work well on thick or high pile carpet. It is designed for low pile or thinner carpet and rugs. On these surfaces, it works well in removing everything from dirt to pet hair. On thicker carpet it may bog down since it powered by suction only. Across flooring types (linoleum, tile, carpet, rugs, and even some finished concrete), these two tools provided me everything I needed to pick up dirt, dog hair, cheerios and other debris.
Anyone suffering from allergies or asthma will appreciate that even though the Calima is the introductory Complete C3 vac, the filtration is just as good as the top-of-the-line model (UniQ). Air enters through the 3D dust bag first, where 9 layers of filter media trap large then progressively smaller and smaller particles as it passes through. From here it passes through the pre-motor filter and finally, it leaves the vacuum by flowing through the H13 HEPA filter and finally a post filter. Harmful micro-particles are effectively filtered at a rate that of 99.95% for particles as small as 0.1 microns. As with all Miele's with the full AirClean system, the Calima shows a 0 particle reading when tested for HEPA filtration efficiency. So unlike most other vacuums that blow allergens and fine particles throughout your house, this Miele vacuum traps them and actually filters the air in your home as you clean.
I will likely never grow tired two things when it comes to Miele - how well they move and how quiet they are. The Calima has the standard swivel casters, and even when I've pulled it across thick carpet, the Calima glides. So while the canister may weigh about 11 lbs. you feel almost none of that as you clean. The noise level on the premium C3 models is quite simply the quietest of any vacuum cleaner I've ever used. The encased motor and extra silence insulation really cuts down on the noise level. First time buyers and customers consistently remark over just how quiet these HEPA vacuums really are. While running the Calima the only noise that is I really notice is the suction and the whirl of the turbobrush when equipped. Still, on the highest setting you nearly hold a conversation at the same volume level as if there was no vacuum running at all.
What I do not like about the Miele Complete C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner
The most basic drawback with the Calima isn't really a negative unless you purchase it thinking it will do something more than what it was designed to do. I try to stress that it is IDEAL for smooth floors and low carpet, and I cannot stress this enough. The air-driven STB 205-3 works great on low pile carpet, but once you start in on high pile or thick carpet the tool can bog down and leave you wanting more. For thicker carpet or medium to high pile carpet opt for a Miele that has an electrically driven powerhead. Knowing what you need and buying what will accomplish that isn't really a drawback, but for best performance on thick carpet, look to a different model.
Last thing, and this is completely my personal opinion - not a big fan of Canary Yellow.
Overall, I really like the Miele Calima HEPA canister vacuum. Personally, this vacuum is ideally one that I would use in my home since we have no carpet and only a few rugs that dogs often lie on. The filtration is the best, comparable or better than that of any other vacuum cleaner available today. The durable body and motor provide years or reliable service while all components, even the hose, that I often twist into pretzel knots just to prove this point, is rugged enough to withstand years of daily use. Quieter and less expensive than its predecessor, the Miele Calima is a great fit in most homes.
Miele Complete C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Smooth Flooring, Low Pile Carpet & Thin Rugs|
|Vacuum type:||Complete C3 Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||36 ft.|
|Suction Control:||+/- Foot Pedals|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Handle w/ Suction Slide|
|Wand:||Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart AirClean dust bag|
|Included Floor Tools:||STB 205.3 & SBB 300-3|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes, One Touch|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19.2" L x 10.8" W x 8.9" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor - 1 year on parts and labor|
Miele Complete C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner Additional Resources
Miele C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner User Manual
Miele S8 Calima Vacuum Cleaner User Manual
Miele Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Miele Vacuum FAQs
Compare Miele Complete C3 Vacuum Cleaners
Top Five Canister Vacuums
Why Buy From A Miele Authorized Dealer?