Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum
For pet owners, finding the right vacuum cleaner can be difficult. You need one that tackles pet hair and odors while removing dander, dirt and all the other things that dogs, cats and other pets bring into your home. The Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog canister vacuum cleaner does just that. With an Active AirClean filter, 12 stage filtration, and an array of cleaning attachments, the Cat & Dog canister vacuum provides all the tools needed to keep your home clean and free of dander no matter what four-legged friend you have indoors. As with the Cat & Dog upright, the STB 101 turbobrush comes included in the box and works well on carpeted and upholstered surfaces. With an encased motor and silence insulation, the C3 Cat & Dog is nearly quiet enough to let your sleeping dog lie.
*NOTE: The Miele C3 Cat and Dog Canister was formerly known as the S8380 Cat & Dog. Aside from the slight change in name and color change, all other features have remained exactly the same.
- The Active AirClean filter is the best filter for homes with indoor pets. Activated carbon traps pet odors while the integrated AirClean filter removes 99.95% of all particles 0.5 microns or larger.
- Each filter features a new TimeStrip Indicator that takes all of the guesswork of when to replace your filter. When the indicator bar is full red, it's time to replace.
- The AirClean System construction keeps all the dust, dander, and pet hair inside the sealed system, while 12 layers of filtration actually improve indoor air quality in your home.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides powerful suction and being fully encased, the Miele S8380 is one of the quietest vacuums available today.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use (based on 45 min per week at highest setting).
- The Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris and adds to the 12 layers of filtration.
- Included with the Cat and Dog is the STB 101 turbobrush, great for removing pet hair from upholstered furniture, carpeted steps or any area where the full size floor tool is just too big to fit.
- A full 36 ft. operating radius with a convenient one-touch cord rewind foot button.
- Durable ABS plastic body and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provide unmatched maneuverability, while a raised 3D bumper better protects furniture from the bumps and bangs of every day cleaning.
- The rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- The puncture-resistant, large 3D G/N AirClean filterbag has a 4.76 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Bag change indicator alerts you to replace the filterbag
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomic, keeping the strain off your wrist.
- The electric, telescopic wand has two space-saving park positions which makes it easy to store and carry.
- The SBB 300-3 Parquet Floor Brush is the standard Miele smooth floor tool that works well for picking up pet hair, dirt and other debris tracked in by your furry friends. The Cat & Dog also comes standard with the SEB 228 Powerbrush that features an independently powered motor that can extract entangled pet hair from all types of carpet.
- Stored conveniently "under the hood" are the three standard Miele mini accessories, a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing and 1 Year Warranty on limited parts and labor.
Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum - A Closer Look
|SEB 228 Powerhead
With a 14" wide cleaning path and independently driven motor, the SEB 228 is an ideal tool for removing pet hair from any type of carpet. Powerful enough to tackle even thick carpet, this height adjustable tool loosens and removes hair, dirt and any debris your pet may track in.
|SBB 300-3 Parquet Floor Tool
Tough but gentle, the SBB 300-3 is the signature Miele smooth floor tool. It glides across hard flooring using bristles to dislodge debris and the powerful suction of the Miele Vortex motor to draw in soil and hair. With a slim profile, this floor tool fits in hard to reach areas and under low furniture.
The C3 Miele Cat and Dog canister comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The tools are stored on the VarioClip which can be attached to the hose at any location.
|STB 101 Turbobrush
As a value added accessory, the STB 101 is the best way to clean upholstered furniture and steps. An air driven brushroll dislodges pet hair and works well in tight spaces like carpeted steps, all while fitting conveniently in your handle. You can also easily disassemble the tool for cleaning away any hair or carpet fiber that may be trapped inside.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist and giving you complete command while vacuuming. Integrated brushroll controls give you the ability to quickly turn the brushroll off and clean with just suction without having to switch floor tools.
|Active AirClean Filter
Specifically designed for odors, the Active AirClean filter is perfect for removing pet odors in carpet and rugs. With activated carbon, and 99.95% filtration efficiency of particles 0.5 microns or larger, the Active AirClean filter is a must for pet owners. A new TimeStrip indicator takes all of the guesswork out of when to replace the filter. Simply push the green button and when the bar fills red, it's time to replace. Each filter lasts up to 12 months.
|Air Clean Filterbag
The new 3D G/N Air Clean filterbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. This redesigned bag allows for greater utilization of the bag capacity before needing to replace it and filters 99.9% of all particles, even at low speeds. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
- Yippee for Dog and Cat vacuum
Love this new machine! It is quiet and does the job it as advertised. Yippee!
- Great for pet hair
I purchased this vacuum because I have been through several vacuums that are made for pets but do not last. This vacuum was perfect because my first floor is all hard wood and the upstairs is wall to wall carpet. The power head is great because I can dial in the height. This vacuum is expensive, though I have spent a lot on vacuums that do not last.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum
Pet owners often face a unique challenge when it comes to keeping the home clean. Pet hair and odors are often difficult for traditional vacuum cleaners to adequately handle. With the Miele Cat & Dog canister vacuum cleaner, you can do just that - remove pet hair (across all surfaces), reduce pet odors and help to keep your home cleaner and freer or allergens. With the Cat and Dog in tow, I spent a weekend catching up on some much needed house cleaning, and this is how the Cat & Dog performed.
What I like about the Miele C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum
The Cat & Dog has tools that are uniquely suited for homes with pets. In terms of filtration, the sealed system ensures excellent airflow but also keeps allergens, dirt and debris from escaping. The G/N bag traps hair while the Active AirClean filter serves two purposes. First, it uses activated carbon to adsorb nasty pet odors. Second, in addition to the carbon, the filter also contains an AirClean filter that removes a wide range of microparticles. You may notice that the Cat & Dog vacuums are the only ones that boast 12-stage filtration. This is due to the carbon (an additional stage of filtration) in the Active AirClean filters. Overall, the Active AirClean filter and filterbags tackle the odors and hair that often plague homes with pets.
The next way in which the Cat & Dog is well suited for cleaning up after pets deals with the tools that are included with this model. For floors, there is the SBB 300-3, a mainstay tool when it comes to cleaning smooth flooring. For carpets, the Cat and Dog comes with the SEB 228. I have always liked this carpet cleaning tool. It has a wide cleaning path (14") and is height adjustable. Because the Complete C3 has a brushroll control switch on the handle it is easy to disengage the brushroll and rely on straight suction to clean. I like this setup, particularly when you are cleaning carpet but then have a small area of smooth flooring to tackle. The SEB 228 is strong enough to pull out pet hair from any pile and density of carpet.
Also included in the box is the STB 101 turbobrush. This tool is handy for cleaning upholstered furniture or carpeted steps. This air driven tool is compact and will fit in spaces where the SEB 228 will not. Lastly, the Cat and Dog has the three standard mini accessories tucked conveniently away under the hood.
For overall features, the Complete C3 Cat & Dog has dumped the rotary dial in favor of +/- foot buttons. The Vortex motor is encased and when combined with the silence insulation, my dog hardly batted an eye while I was cleaning. I literally had to tell him to move so I could vacuum where he was laying. The raised bumper is a nice feature on this C3 model. The bumper strip only sticks up a fraction of an inch but it helps to avoid damage or marks caused from canister bouncing off a coffee or end table. Finally, the Cat and Dog has a durable ABS shell, that resists the dings of everyday use while the warranty provides unmatched piece of mind in your investment.
What I do not like about the Miele C3 Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum
There are few drawbacks to this model beyond cost. Like all Miele's the Cat and Dog carries a premium price tag, but unlike other vacuums, Miele's generally run for anywhere from 2-5 times as long as a less expensive vacuum. Aside from any issues with price, the only thing that I would have liked to have seen with this model that is not included or available is some type of brush attachment to help remove loose pet hair. My dog has little issue with vacuum cleaners, and a brush that would help me remove then suck up with dog hair all in one step would be a great addition. Perhaps that's a good R&D suggestion to pass along to Miele?
The Miele Cat & Dog is an excellent vacuum for pet owners. No matter if you have a dog, cat or gerbil, the Cat & Dog canister can remove hair, soil and mess that these four-legged friends can leave behind. The filtration does a great job at removing dander and hair, and most tools that you would need to clean up after pets are included. The body and motor are covered by a 7 year warranty, though most Miele owners have their vacuums for literally a decade or two before they ever need to think about replacing it. In all, you cannot go wrong with this vacuum for any household that has pets.
Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum Specifications
|Best for:||Pet Owners, All Types of Flooring|
|Vacuum type:||Full Size Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||36 ft.|
|Suction Control:||+/- Foot Buttons|
|Handle:||Deluxe Handle Assembly|
|Wand:||Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag type:||3D AirClean G/N|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart Air Clean dust bag|
|HEPA Filter:||Optional - Active AirClean Filter (standard)|
|Included Floor Tools:||SEB 228 Powerbrush and SBB 300-3 Parquet Floor Tool|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:
|Filter Change Indicator :||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes, One Touch|
|Silence Insulation:||Yes (w/ encased motor for even less noise)|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19.2" L x 10.8" W x 8.9" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body casing - 1 year on limited parts|
Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum Additional Resources
Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog Vacuum Cleaner User Manual
Miele Cat & Dog S8380 Vacuum User Manual
Miele Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Miele Vacuum FAQs
Compare Miele Complete C3 Vacuum Cleaners
Top Five Canister Vacuums
Why Buy From A Miele Authorized Dealer?