Miele Complete C3 Kona Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Sitting in the middle of the new Miele Complete C3 line of canister vacuums, the Miele Complete C3 Kona offers a purposeful design and an uncompromising balance of performance and convenience. From large homes with wall to wall carpet to medium sized homes with pets, the Kona offers versatile tools and consistent suction and cleaning ability throughout the home. From the original Callisto to the S8 Kona and now to the Complete C3 Kona, this vacuum is a well-balanced cleaning machine that delivers on providing a cleaner home, cleaner indoor air, and exceptional ease of use. So much so that it is just the most recent of these three to begin garnering awards for value, design, and cleaning excellence, ranked first in canister vacuum cleaners by the leading consumer products testing agency!
The two floor tools excel on all types of smooth flooring and even the thickest types of carpet while the AirClean system features 11 stage filtration that has been independently certified to capture 99.95% of all particles, as small as 0.1 microns - a big plus for allergy and asthma sufferers alike. With a sleek design and more power and versatility than comparable HEPA vacuums, the Kona promises exceptional value while delivering a clean that you can see and one that your lungs will thank you for!
*NOTE: The Miele Kona was formerly known as the S8390 Kona. Aside from the change in model name, all features have remained the same.
- The AirClean System - features 11 stage filtration (9 ply filter bag, pre-motor filter, HEPA ActiveClean filter, and finally a post-motor filter). With a sealed system, Miele vacuums have been independently tested to filter at least 99.95% of particles 0.1 microns and larger. This means the Kona actually cleans the air you breathe and doesn't simply blow allergens back into your indoor air.
- The 9-ply, 3D G/N AirClean dust bag can hold up to 4.76 quarts and traps the vast majority of particles and allergens.
- The workhorse 1200 watt Miele Vortex Motor provides powerful suction and is now encapsulated to further reduce sound.
- Each Kona is rigorously tested to last an average of 20 years residential use*, and individually tested prior to leaving the factory floor.
- The redesigned Miele Complete canister series made things easier by turning the older style rotary dial controls into foot pedal buttons. So now, once you plug the vacuum in, you can clean, adjust suction and even retract the cord (with the upgraded One-Touch cord rewind) all without having to bend over.
- Taking the bumper strip even further, the Miele Kona has a raised bumper that better protects your vacuum and furniture from the bumps and bangs of everyday vacuuming.
- An easily visible dust bag change indicator alerts you to replace the dust bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- This HEPA vacuum is lighter than its predecessor. At about 11 lbs., the Kona is nearly 20% lighter.
- The Deluxe Ergonomic Handle Assembly allows for a comfortable cleaning motion while the integrated brushroll controls put complete control of the vacuum right at your fingertips.
- The Stainless Steel Telescopic Wand fully extends and retracts for excellent above-the-floor cleaning reach.
- Three park positions allow you to compactly carry or story your canister in one tight, compact package.
- The Miele Kona comes with two floor tools to provide complete floor cleaning - the SEB 228 Powerbrush with height adjustment and smooth movement is ideal for carpeting of all types. And, the SBB 300-3 Parquet Floor Tool works for hardwood, tile, linoleum, Pergo, and other laminate flooring.
- Fitting neatly under the C3 Kona's "hood" a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, Dusting Brush for delicate cleaning, and Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains is included.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing - 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele Complete C3 Kona Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SEB 228 ElectroPlus
With a 14" wide cleaning path this full-size carpet cleaning tool works well on all carpet. The SEB 228 features 5 level height adjustment, swivel neck design, and slightly wider cleaning path than the SEB 236. The cleaning motion is slick and effortless. Less expensive than the SEB 236, this tool lacks the automatic park/shut-off when locked upright and LED light. Great for all carpet types.
|SBB 300-3 Parquet Floor Tool
With a blend of polyamide and natural bristles, the SBB 300-3 is Miele's signature floor cleaning tool. The bristles dislodge and loosen grime and will not scuff even soft flooring allowing the powerful suction to remove dirt, hair, dust and grime. A thin, but wide, profile and fully rotating neck allow the parquet tool to swivel and bend around tight corners and fit neatly under low furniture.
The hose is often an overlooked part of a vacuum cleaner, but the standard, electric equipped hose on the Kona provides both reach as well as durable flexibility that can literally be tied into knots and not be damaged. Tested for years of abuse, the Miele hose will never fail.
Like other Miele models, the Complete C3 canister series comes with three included tools, all useful for above-the-floor cleaning, including upholstery, shelves, baseboards, ceiling fans and more. Each fits snugly in an enclosed on-board storage compartment.
|3D AirClean Filter Bags
As the first line of filtration, the AirClean G/N filter bag uses 9 progress plies of filter media to trap large, medium and even fine particles as they enter the vacuum. A mesh netting makes the bag puncture resistant and a rubber sealed collar keeps air and debris from escaping. As you remove it, the spring-loaded collar seals away dirt and allergens making for a more hygienic filter bag and allergen-free cleaning experience. This newly redesigned bag utilizes more of the bag capacity and filter 99.9% of all particles, even at low speeds.
|HEPA AirClean Filter
The H13 HEPA AirClean filter not only captures and retains micro-particles (including dust mite feces, dander, and pollen), it features a new TimeStrip Indicator that lets you know exactly when it's time to replace your filter. Redesigned to meet H13 filtration standards, the new Miele AirClean filter traps 99.95% of particles, as small as 0.1 microns. Each filter provides about 50 hours or one year of use.
- Great vacuum!!
This is the best vacuum that I have used. It truly is a joy to use. It is quiet, solid, ergonomic and does a great job in cleaning floors and upholstery.
- Our Kona
Our Kona has been a great purchase. We really like the wand and that we can reach ceilings and the baseboards easier. It's incredibly light and like that attachments fit in the canister. Only giving 4 stars cause we never give 5!
- Great vacuum!
Our previous vacuum died and we were very hesitant to try a different brand since our old one had lasted so long, but we are glad we did. We love this vacuum. It's light and easy to move around and the best thing is -- IT WORKS!
Write Your Own Review
Miele Kona C3 Vacuum Cleaner
As the center of the Miele C3 line, the Kona is the direct replacement for the Miele Callisto. Like the Callisto, the Kona continues a tradition of balanced performance and value that will likely garner it the same awards and accolades as its predecessor. Equipped with everything you need to clean any surface or type of flooring in your home, the Kona offers versatility and likely represents the best value in the line. So after spending a week with the Kona, this is how it fared against the other Complete C3 models in the line.
What I like about the Miele C3 Kona HEPA Vacuum
The similarities between the Kona and Callisto are many, so it's really only worthwhile to note the differences. First, instead of the rotary dial controls, the Kona has the foot pedal +/- buttons. So after you plug it in, the only bending down you do is to pick the vacuum up when you're done. The deluxe handle offers brush roll control, and power, suction, and cord rewind are all now able to be done with your foot. This means less bending over, less strain and getting your cleaning done quicker.
The next difference is the aforementioned cord rewind. The older style Miele vacuums all used a push and hold style button. So to retract, you held the button down until the cord was fully retracted. Unlike with older models, now you simply tap the button once and the cord auto-rewinds. And speaking of the cord, the cut-out/recessed spot where the cord is located, is larger in C3 models. This is not a major upgrade, but it gives your hand a little more room when reaching for and pulling out the cord.
Miele canisters have long had a rubber bumper strip integrated into the bottom edge of their vacuum cleaners. The Complete C3 Kona takes that just a little bit further with a raised bumper. Instead of the bumper being flush with the sides of the vacuum, the 3D bumper actually protrudes, and it is this soft strip that cushions impacts and collisions with furniture while you clean. In addition to this, the handle has been redesigned to curve slightly upward. Though a small change, it attempts to move the handle further off of the ground and closer to you (with the hopes of slightly less bending down).
Two more recent differences (meaning changes that happened AFTER the Kona was first introduced) involve the overall cleaning reach and the HEPA filter. First, the Kona, like all C3 models, has an extra three feet of cleaning reach - 36' total. Next, the HEPA filter has changed. To meet updated H13 HEPA filtration standards in Europe, the Kona now features a filter that has been tested to remove 99.95% of all particles, as small as 0.1 microns. This means it effectively removes all of your common particle allergens like dander, pollen, and dust mites. Another neat feature with the new filter is the TimeStrip Indicator. This is built right into all of the new filters. Before you install the filter, crush/push the green button on the filter. This activates the strip. As time passes, the bar fills red, and when the bar is completely red, it's time to replace your filter. This is ideal for the Kona, and for use with many Miele vacuum cleaners, since the filter change indicator light is a luxury feature that few Miele models have. With the TimeStrip, you don't have to worry about remembering when you changed it or writing it down.
Lastly, is the motor. All of the C1, C2, C3, and U1 models have the same 1200W Miele Vortex motor, which delivers powerful suction. Where the Kona differs is that the motor is encased. So while the silence insulation in Miele vacuums make them far quieter than most comparable models, the C3 line is the very definition of quiet but powerful. You won't miss a phone call, door bell or crying child with the Kona running. It is literally quiet enough that you can vacuum and talk on the phone at the same time.
When it comes to performance, the Kona is nearly identical to the Callisto.
- Versatile: Two floor tools allow it to clean nearly every type of flooring there is, three mini accessories work well in dusting and cleaning upholstered surfaces or in those hard to reach crevices, and the retractable wand plus the cord and hose length give you the reach to clean overhead vents or ceiling eaves.
- Durable: I really like demonstrating this one to customers and even new sales reps. I take the Miele hose and literally put three knots in it that I pull tight. After a few minutes I undo the knots, and every time, the hose springs right back to shape. No kinks, no bends or breaks. The ABS shell comes with a full seven year warranty, and for all of the Miele vacuums we have sold, I have yet to have someone bring in a powerhead that needs a belt replaced. Aside from changing the filter and dust bag, and occasionally unclogging the airways (usually only with S7's), there is very little maintenance. The Kona provides reliable, consistent service.
- Filtration: Independently tested and certified, the Miele AirClean system (sealed system + G/N dust bag + pre-motor filter + HEPA filter) removes 99.95% of all particles 0.1 microns and larger. This is literally unmatched when it comes to allergy vacuum cleaners.
Whether we are talking about cleaning, durability, filtration, ease of use or overall performance, the Miele Kona excels in all areas. If the Callisto was a model you were considering, the Kona HEPA vacuum features a few upgrades, but comes in at the same price point.
What I do not like about the Miele C3 Kona HEPA Vacuum
There are very few things I do not like about the Kona. If I had any gripes with the model I would like a choice in powerheads like the Marin. Choice is a great thing for these models since it not only allows you to select the carpet cleaning tool that best meets your needs but also helps to tailor the cost of the vacuum. Other than this, the only other possible suggestion would be to have the filter change indicator light. That feature is standard with some Complete C3 canister vacuums but not the Kona.
The Kona represents the most well-balanced value in terms of the Complete C3 line. While each of these models offers elegant styling, unrivaled function and powerful cleaning, the Kona likely offers the best balance of each of these, and all at a price that is a great value. With features like this and consumer ratings as good as or better than the Callisto, the Kona sits as the most popular Miele C3 model.
Miele Complete C3 Kona Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||All Types of Flooring (Smooth & Carpeted)|
|Vacuum type:||Full Size - Complete C3 Powerline Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||36 ft.|
|Suction Control:||+/- Foot Pedals|
|Handle:||Deluxe Ergonomic Handle w/ Brush Roll Control|
|Wand:||Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag type:||3D AirClean G/N|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart AirClean dust bag|
|Included Floor Tools:||SEB 228 & SBB 300-3|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes, One Touch|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19.2" L x 10.8" W x 8.9" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor - 1 year on parts and labor|
Miele Complete C3 Kona Canister Vacuum Cleaner Additional Resources
Miele Kona Vacuum Cleaner User Manual
Miele S8 Kona Vacuum Cleaner User Manual
Miele Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Miele Vacuum FAQs
Compare Miele Complete C3 Vacuum Cleaners
Top Five Canister Vacuums
Why Buy From A Miele Authorized Dealer?