Miele Dynamic U1 Cat & Dog Vacuum Cleaner
Ideal for those with pets, the Miele U1 Cat & Dog Vacuum Cleaner packs value added features and accessories into a powerful whole-home cleaning machine. Similar to other Dynamic U1 uprights, the Cat & Dog vacuum is the ideal pet vacuum to help eliminate pet hair from your floors and furniture while keeping down pet odors with an Active AirClean filter. With superior cleaning ability and exceptional range, the Cat & Dog upright vacuum cleaner makes cleaning your home easier, from the floors and drapes to furniture and shelves. The included STB 101 handheld turbobrush is perfect for steps and pulling stubborn pet hair out of upholstered furniture. The sealed system and noise reducing insulation makes this vacuum one of the quietest available, and if allergens are a concern, the Cat & Dog S7 can be upgraded to the HEPA filter at any time. The Miele Cat & Dog upright was recently ranked #2 amongst all uprights by the leading consumer products testing agency (with the Miele Twist and Jazz coming in first and fourth, respectively).
*NOTE: The Miele U1 Cat & Dog pet vacuum was formerly known as the S7260 Cat & Dog. Aside from the change in model name, all features have remained the same.
- A new Swivel-Neck design allows for better turning and cornering around furniture. This feature gives a nimble touch to this upright.
- The Active Air Clean filter has activated charcoal to adsorb pet odors and traps 99.5% of all particles as tiny as 0.5 microns.
- The Sealed System construction keeps particles like pet dander, trapped inside the vacuum and not spread throughout the home.
- A new TimeStrip Indicator conveniently lets you know when it's time to replace the filter.
- The 12 Amp, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- The Slow Starting motor reduces wear and tear while extending the life of the motor.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years of residential use.*
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Each Miele U1 Upright comes standard with a Deluxe Handle Assembly. This handle is ergonomic and keeps the strain off your wrist.
- The ergonomic handle comes equipped with Brush Roll and Suction Control.
- With Rotary Dial Controls the Cat & Dog makes adjusting suction as simple as turning a dial.
- The spring-loaded, Automatic Height Adjustment makes moving to different surfaces a breeze.
- With an Operating Radius of 55 ft. the Dynamic uprights gives you the ability to clean throughout the house without having to change outlets.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the rubber wheels won't damage floors.
- A LED Brush Light for enhanced visibility while cleaning.
- State-of-the-art white finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- A Six Inch Profile while lying flat allows you to vacuum under some of the tightest spaces.
- Large Air Clean dust bag with a 5.45 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- This U bag features 9 Stage Filtration. These layers help prevent sharp objects from puncturing the bag, while the dust bag closes automatically with a spring loaded collar, for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation when compared to traditional uprights.
- The Hose Lock feature allows you to lock the hose into place helping to stabilize the vacuum while using the wand.
- The Miele uprights all come with a Built-In Handle in the back of the unit to allow for easy transportation of the vacuum.
- The Miele Cat & Dog pet vacuum cleaner features a Lightweight, Telescopic 2 ft. Wand which fits a range of brushes, attachments and tools.
- The standard STB 101 Turbobrush allows for quick and easy removal of pet hair and debris from furniture and steps.
- Fully integrated, on-board tools include an Extra Long Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motors and ABS Shell - 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
- LOVE this vacuum!
My husband almost had a fit when he found out I ordered THIS vacuum... he was expecting another cheapy model that has to be replaced every year or so, and spits the dust out as it vacuums it up. NOT this time! I was shopping by myself on the Internet. I FINALLY got a vacuum *I* wanted! He is NOW CONVINCED that it was a fantastic choice ... and especially after learning about it's low power consumption and soft-start, since we will be moving to a totally off-grid home in another month. We are both totally happy with this vacuum. We'd never heard of it before I found this online, but we are sure glad I did find it. It will be the last vacuum we EVER have to buy.
- Quality vacuum
We had a 12 year old vacuum and have recently adopted three dogs. We looked to the internet for advice and found the Miele vacuum consistently got great reviews. Then began the search for the best price and support for what is a rather expensive vacuum. Achoo overall had the best deal and by far the best shipping policy. We were not just happy with but amazed at how well the vacuum deals with pet hair. Our rugs and furniture never looked better
Without a doubt the best vacuum I've ever owned!
This is the most amazing vacuum EVER. I brought it home, snapped it together and away I went vacuuming. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats and have never been able to get the furniture free of hair with my previous vacuums. Without any effort, the Miele removed ALL the pet hair and pet dander. My room house instantly smelled fresher. I can't say enough about this vacuum. It is a little heavy, when lifting, but not while vacuuming - it glides!
- Not your mom''s vacuum, but shoulda been!
We are proud parents of three beautiful but extremely hairy dogs, and will always have dogs in our home. This vacuum is the Mercedes of vacuums. It costs more for sure, but is very well made and out-performs in every way. Construction is high end, and features are user-friendly. Great machine. If you look at this purchase as an investment, it's definitely of the long term variety, so this review is limited in that respect. Thus, maintenance, service repairs and longevity i.e., overall cost of ownership should not be excessive in order for this purchase to make sense for most owners who decide to invest.
- Best Vacuum I've ever had...so far
I've got so many allergies that I've pretty much despaired at ever finding a vacuum that would help clean my home sufficiently. I've owned at least 3 vacuums over the last 10 years. They've died, been clunky or just aren't as strong as they claim to be. This vacuum picked up the pet fuzz and dirt that my other vacuum didn't even push around the night before. There's no dust coming out of it like my other ones. It pretty much guides itself across the floor, can maneuver under all my furniture easily, and the hose reaches all the hard to get areas beautifully. I haven't had to use my hepa air purifier as much since getting this. So happy. I cringed at the price but if it keeps working the way it does it looks like it will be a worthwhile long term investment.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Dynamic U1 Cat & Dog Upright Vacuum Cleaner
As a new model to the S7 line of upright vacuum cleaners, the Miele Cat & Dog showcases the features that have quickly made the S7 uprights popular, while adding two features that make it an ideal vacuum for a pet owner. With a slim 6" profile and swivel neck design, the Cat & Dog easily maneuvers around and under furniture. The signature Miele Vortex motor starts slowly to reduce wear and tear while providing powerful suction for deep cleaning of any carpeted surfaces. Being a dog owner myself, I took this model home to see how it would perform in a home with two dogs.
What I like about the Miele U1 Cat & Dog Vacuum
The first thing I noticed with the Cat & Dog upright vacuum, much like other U1 models, is this vacuum is much quieter than most other upright vacuums I have tested. And when you have a dog that goes nuts when you run the vacuum, this helps. Once I started using it, the suction really stood out. Used on a thicker Saxony style carpeting, the Cat & Dog upright had no trouble pulling up dog hair and dirt. In addition to deep cleaning, it also helped restore the carpeting, which, with Saxony, is often a problem. I dialed down the suction for the lower pile rugs we have at entryways, and was quickly able to remove all traces that our dogs spend hours relaxing on them. In the kitchen I simply disengaged the brushroll and effectively "swept" the floor clean... now if only it could mop for me... Overall, the cleaning performance on flooring was as efficient and effective as I've come to expect from a Miele vacuum cleaner.
In addition to the flooring, the Cat & Dog vacuum is well suited for cleaning stairs, furniture, and drapes as well as dusting shelves. The included STB 101 turbobrush works well on carpeted stairs. I will admit carrying a Miele upright up and down steps is just as tedious as it is with any upright vacuum cleaner, but a serious advantage the Miele uprights have is the integrated handle and flexible hose. While testing I have tried to crimp and bend the hose, as I can easily do with most other upright vacuum hoses. With the Miele hose, I simply am not able to. Just as impressive as the durability is the cleaning reach. After locking in the hose, I was able to use the turbobrush to clean the stairs without having to balance the vacuum or move it halfway through cleaning. This attachment, pulling up pet hair and dirt, also worked well on the dogs' loveseat. This reach combined with the handheld turbobrush is also handy for vehicles. Though I use a cover in the backseat of my truck, there is still usually some pet hair that makes it through, but with Cat & Dog upright I can clean it all up quickly. The integrated mini attachments worked well for dusting and removing cobwebs from the upper corners of the rooms. In all, there wasn't much I couldn't clean with the Cat & Dog upright.
Unlike other Miele Dynamic uprights, this vac doesn't come standard with a HEPA filter. Instead it uses the Active AirClean filter, a combination of the AirClean filter and a cartridge of active charcoal/carbon. Though not true HEPA grade, this filter does filter out 99.5% of all particles 0.5 microns or larger. The advantage to this filter is that unlike the HEPA, the Active Air Clean has odor adsorbing charcoal which removes pet odors that often get trapped in carpeting and rugs. If you are an allergy sufferer, you may want to upgrade to the HEPA filter, but even with the Active Air Clean filter, Miele's sealed system and AirClean dust bags, you will have better filtration than most other traditional upright vacs.
Like the other U1 uprights, the Miele Cat & Dog comes with an array of additional features. The large capacity, AirClean filterbag (the largest featured by any Miele vacuum), is a 9-ply, self-sealing bag that helps keep allergens and pet hair where they belong. So not only does it capture and retain allergens, but it also makes change and disposal of the bag simple and hygienic. The Hose-Lock stabilizes the vacuum cleaner while using the 14 ft. hose, and the wand is compatible with all Miele attachments (except powerbrushes). The rubber bumper protects furniture, and the ABS body is durable. With a full 7-year warranty you have piece of mind in your investment, and with a tested* 20 year life expectancy, you will get more out of this vacuum than you would out of 4 traditional vacuum cleaners.
What I do not like about the Miele Cat & Dog Vacuum
Unlike the top tier U1 uprights, the Cat & Dog is equipped with rotary dial controls instead of electronic controls. What this amounts to is the difference between pushing a button and turning a dial for most, not all that significant.
This unit is more affordable than the upper level of the Dynamic series, but for some it still may be outside of their target price range. When considering a Miele upright upright, it is best to think of it as an investment considering Miele vacuums last most people somewhere from fifteen to twenty years.
As a pet vacuum, the Miele Cat & Dog upright is ideal for removing pet hair and cutting down on pet odors in your carpet and furniture. The performance and durability are two keys that set Miele apart from other manufacturers. Powerful suction, additional accessories & features, and a 7 year warranty add real value and versatility to the Cat & Dog vacuum without pricing it outside of most budgets. Overall, the Cat & Dog is an excellent vacuum for pet owners and a great value for anyone who wants to keep their floors clean and the air in the home fresh.