Miele H1 Swing Vacuum CleanersAs Miele bids farewell to the previous stick models, they welcome the new Miele S194 Quickstep vacuum. As a combination of the best features of each of the previous models, the Miele Quickstep is a feature-packed stick vacuum at a more attractive price point. Ideal for apartments, lofts, and quick clean-up jobs, the Miele S194 Universal Upright works well on low pile carpets, rugs, and smooth floor surfaces. Highly versatile and completely configurable, the Miele S194 can be used as a stick upright or a handheld vacuum.The Quickstep is compact, lightweight, and eye-catching. It can be fitted with an electric powerbrush for cleaning pet hair or tackling medium pile carpet. The standard AirClean filter traps 99.95% of particles 0.5 microns and larger. It also has a larger bag capacity than comparable stick uprights. The powerful Vortex motor and quality construction ensure the Quickstep will provide years of reliable service while withstanding the rigors of everyday use.
- The Air Clean Filter captures allergens like dust, pet dander and pollen, trapping 99.95% of all particles as small as 0.5 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the body keeps all the dust and debris inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality. Add an H13 Miele HEPA filter for some of the best filtration available in vacuums today.
- Though the Quickstep is compact, the powerful 1000 Watt motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use.*
- Versatile & easily configurable - with the simple press of a clip, you can move the wand below the canister to clean under furniture. Or remove the wand altogether to create a handheld vacuum! Attach an SEB 217-3 to the body and make the Quickstep the ideal, lightweight vacuum for carpeted areas.
- An electrical Direct Connection allows you to use an optional powerbrush for better carpet cleaning ability.
- Ergonomic handle for your comfort.
- Telescopic wand is adjustable for your convenience.
- Electronic Power Control allows you to adjust the suction between two speeds.
- Increased 28 ft. cleaning radius gives you even more reach to clean without having to switch outlets.
- Durable, scratch resistant, ABS plastic body.
- AirClean dust bag with a 2.6 quart capacity.
- The layer of impact foil in the bag prevents sharp objects from penetrating the bag, and the dust bag seals for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Quiet Operation - even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring.
- Lightweight & easy to maneuver at only 9 pounds!
- Comes with the new SBD 470-3 FiberTeQ Combo Floor Tool for smooth flooring and low pile carpeting. It has a socket for an optional Powerbrush, Turbobrush, or Parquet Floor Tool.
- Go from smooth floors to carpet with the quick click of a rocker switch.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and 2 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
- Not too shabby
I've got a pretty small loft apt. and I'm on a budget, so I couldn't afford anything much bigger or much more expensive. I will say though, for what I have, this thing works pretty good. It's thin enough to hang in my closet and unlike some of the battery powered vacs I've had in the past, this one won't poop out after 8 minutes of cleaning. It's got plenty of power and suction, isn't near as loud as any vacuum i've owned in the past and converts to a dust buster easy enough little heavy to use like this though. My only drawback is the floor tool works good on my harwoods and bathroom tile. On the doorway rugs... meh. I think I need something with a rotating brush for best results on carpet and rugs. I've had it for just about a year got my reminder email about the filter change, and in all, I'm pleased.
- Just Right!
We wanted a vacuum for our new kitchen tile floor that would be maneuverable around a table and chairs and light weight enough not to bang up our new cabinets. This vacuum was perfect. At nine pounds it is a little heavier than many stick vacuums, but it is clearly well constructed and powerful, which is a fair trade off.
- Mixed Feelings
I'm so excited about my new vacuum. It is GREAT, but I must admit I'm a little disappointed that it is SO HEAVY and it can't fit under my furniture. I debated for several days, then decided to keep it anyway.
- Full featured vacuum
I was looking for a good small vacuum. This is the one! Very well made. Thoughtful engineering.
- Quickstep keeps you quick on your feet
I stopped by the store JUST TO LOOK and fell in love with this little ruby red vac! Not only is the color pretty but the performance is GREAT... I am able to use it on my micro-fiber sofa and get the pet hair off, also it works WONDERS on my hardwoods.. it is lighweight and the attachments are heaven sent! It stores away easy and makes me ENJOY vacuuming : It's worth the money! Great versatility!!
Write Your Own Review
Miele S194 Quickstep Vacuum Cleaners
As a replacement to the S163 and S168, the new Miele Quickstep features the best qualities of each of these vacuums, but at a more attractive price point. The Quickstep still features the suction of the 1000 watt Vortex motor and sealed system for better filtration. The S194 Quickstep also retains its signature versatility. With a showroom model in hand, I tested this handy vacuum on the lower level of my home.
What I like about the Miele Quickstep Vacuum
There is little denying the versatility of this vacuum cleaner. The Quickstep has a modular design and features four basic components: handle, wand, body and floor tool. These can be configured in a variety of ways to make the vacuum better for more specific cleaning tasks. For cleaning under my bed, I use the wand at the base of the unit for better reach and a lower profile. For cleaning up quick spills, like spilling soil from the spider plant above the kitchen sink, I remove the wand and just use the handle plus the attachment. Regardless of your cleaning task, the versatility of the Quickstep to turn into a more appropriate cleaning machine is hard to deny.
When it comes to cleaning the Quickstep is up to the task. It shines on smooth flooring, but the FiberTeQ combo tool works well on the entryway rugs I have in my downstairs. There is only one small spot of carpet in that area of my home, and on it, the S194 worked great! The wand with the crevice tool was handy in cleaning behind my bookcases and along the baseboards and quarter-round. For what its designed to do, I can find no flaws.
The Miele Quickstep is lightweight and very compact. Weighing in at right around 9 lbs. it's approximately 10% lighter than older Miele stick vacuums. It easily fits into my closet and with the handy hook, I can hang it in the closet with my broom and steam mop. The mini attachments fit on a clip. The wand is telescopic and retracts, and the cord winds up behind the vacuum. Everything with the Quickstep folds up, wraps around or tucks away neatly!
With the Quickstep, the filtration is not quite on par with that of a HEPA equipped Miele, but for most people, the combination of the AirClean and pre-motor filters as well as the sealed system and AirClean bag will provide better filtration than that offered with "HEPA" vacuums you'll find at a big box retailer. Unlike shoddy imports, Miele vacuums are independently tested and certified to back up their air filtration claims.
The Miele S194 is well built for being a compact vacuum cleaner. Comparable sticks are generally less expensive but also tend to be little more than dumpster fodder after you drop them once. The durable ABS shell of the S194 can take far more punishment and provide you years of service.
This is minor, but... the overall cleaning reach is about two feet longer than that of the S163 or S168. While it is not a great deal, doesn't it always seem like if the cord were JUST a bit longer, things would be easier?
The last notable feature about this vacuum is the price. With the retired S163 and S168 models, price was always a sticking point since we're talking about a stick upright vac. The Quickstep is less expensive, and to do so Miele made one significant concession. The HEPA filter is optional. Though for the S163, it always was with anyways. So you have the electric capabilities of the S168 but a price closer to the older style S163.
What I do not like about the Miele Quickstep Vacuum
This is not as much of a drawback as it is a reminder. The Quickstep is a stick vacuum cleaner. If you purchase it and expect the type of cleaning you would get from a full size S7, you are going to be disappointed. That being said, it is great for what it is designed to do.
Generally, I prefer a HEPA filter, particularly if you're an allergy or asthma sufferer. My only other gripe with this machine is that Miele has yet to switch the S1 vacuums over to the AirClean bags. The Intensive Clean are of a better quality than what you'll find with most bagged vacuum cleaners, but AirClean provides better filtration and a spring loaded sealing system.
The Miele Quickstep is a great addition to any home. It can be used as the primary vacuum in smaller homes or apartments with mainly smooth flooring. The electric capability allows you to upgrade to a powerbrush at any time (ideal for pet hair on carpet and carpet in general), while the standard features provide you ample cleaning ability throughout the home. The lower price and Mango Red color are attractive features that add to an excellent overall package.