Miele Pisces S5281 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Putting the icing on top of the Miele S5 canister series, the Miele Pisces vacuum cleaner offers the best value for its price. It may not have the luxury features like fingertip controls and a filter change indicator light, but it offers the same sleek styling and powerful performance. The active HEPA filters traps 99.99% of all allergens like dust mites and pollen. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe.
- The Active HEPA filter captures allergens like dust mite feces and pollen and conforms to the stringent European EN1822 filtration standard, trapping 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The Generally Activated Charcoal Filter traps chemicals and odors.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use. *
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Rotary Dial Suction Control lets you choose from six levels of power.
- Impressive 30 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- State-of-the-art textured finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large Air Clean dust bag with a 4.76 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 13.5 pounds, making it easy to maneuver.
- The stainless steel telescoping wand has two space-saving park positions, making it easy to store and carry.
- Comes with the STB205-3 Turbobrush for carpets, as well as the SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Brush with genuine horsehair bristles, ideal for gentle but thorough cleaning of tiled and wood floors; rotates 90° and is exceptionally agile.
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7-Year Warranty on the motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele Pisces S5281 Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|STB 205-3 Turbobrush
This lightweight carpet tool is driven by the suction and movement of the vacuum cleaner. It features an 11" wide brush roll, floating head design and 360° swivel neck provide excellent maneuverability.
Gentle cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap of low to medium pile carpets with lighter densities.
|SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Tool
A mixture of polyamide and natural hair ensures a gentle cushion for this floor brush which makes sure that tile, wood and other smooth surfaces are cleaned thoroughly with extreme care. It has a 90° rotation and is exceptionally agile at cleaning around obstacles such as table legs and in tight places.
A required component for the use of all Miele canisters. Versions vary depending on canister style used. Miele hoses all are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape.
|Air Clean Dustbags
The new Air Clean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
|H13 HEPA Filter
The H13 HEPA filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it also now features a timestrip indicator that lets you know exactly when it needs to be replaced. The filter conforms to stringent European standards, trapping 99.95% of all particles as tiny as 0.1 microns. Replace after 50 hours of use or approximately 12 months.
- No review title given
- This is a great vacuum. It weights around 13 lbs so it is easy to carry around. The suction is very strong and it is quiet. It is great for floors and works well on area rugs. There can be a slight problem with turning the vacuum on and off but I ordered another one and found that they all operate the same way.
- Great Vaccume
- Performs as advertised. Easy to use, easy to maneuver, easy to get around corners and tight places. Dial selection for floors, rugs, etc. is also excellent. Love it.
- My First Miele
- After researching vacuum cleaners after my trusty Kenmore died, I kept coming back to the Miele products. I ordered from AchooAllergy.com and was very impressed with their service. My Miele Pisces is great! It has awesome suction and my house feels very clean after I vacuum. As others have noted, I wish the cord was a little longer. Also, I don't like the fact that I have to change the head when going from hardwood/tile floors to carpet. My Kenmore had a switch to turn off the beater for hard floors. I do love the lightweight feel of the Pisces. All in all I am satisfied.
- Good Fit in my Apartment
- Works great in my apartment. It takes care of Jenny's hair and dirt. I don't use the brush attachment much since I mainly have hardwoods and rugs, but the other attachment works well.
- Great Vacuum
- I bought it for my pet hair needs along with having wood floors and area rugs. This vacuum workd very good for me. I love the quiet operation (so do the pets!)
- no more dog hair!
- great pickup on natural wood floor using attachment that comes with the unit, great hair and sand pickup, also able to go up the bottom of wall trim to get hair. use the same attachment for tile floor with ease. turbo brush great for area rugs that are on the wood floor. the lower the setting the easier and more smoothly the brush moves. with more suction , it becomes a little difficult to push forward, you have to pull it backward so that the brush does not bend up. it is heavier than i thought to lift up by the handle, but still lighter than most. love the retractable cord and bumpers to protect the wall. love the ease at getting to the bag, heppa filter and the smaller attachments. would be nice to have a sturdier hose attachment to the unit so that it can be pulled more without it lifting. also to have a sturdier floor attachment so that it does not pull up.
- A whole new experience!
- This vacuum makes doing floors a whole new experience. I should have bought a Miele years ago! It is unbelievable quiet - my cats don't even run away when they hear it. It really is so much better. I'm glad I spent the extra money and tried it.
- vacuum heaven
- Have a vacuum that is 13 yrs old and is mainly for carpet use. With spring cleaning here, I rewarded myself to go GERMAN. My mother-in-law purchased one years ago, and I fell in love with Miele then. Told my husband that if we were to buy a gift for our anniversary of 16 years, that this is what I would want. Financially, that was on hold until taxes were done this year. Even though I had to wait, it was most definately worth it. I find myself vacuuming every day. I have mainly hardwood and tile. Usually I would sweep and see the fairy dust, as my son calls it, in the air. With a wood stove and one dog, cleaning has been so enjoyable now. I love the HEPA and the self containment feature. I also love the fact that it cleans the air as it runs. A Big Thank You. A product well worth its engineering.
- Clean home, clean air!
- Thanks to the kind staff at Achoo Allergy, I picked the perfect Miele canister vacuum for my home. I have mainly hardwood floors and only a handful of area rugs and this fits my cleaning needs exactly. The salesperson could have easily talked me into the higher priced Callisto but reasonably suggested I purchase the Pisces instead. I'm not sure I can say much more about the vacuum that hasn't already been said. It's quiet, powerful, well-engineered and the exhaust air is completely odorless. I'm a tall woman 6'1" and so the fact that the wand adjusts to my height is wonderful, no hunching over! I also love the lower-suction drapery setting for my roman shades. Works great!
Write Your Own Review
Miele Pisces S5281 Vacuum Cleaner
The Pisces is the most economical of the S5 Canisters. With all the standard features of a Miele canister vacuum, the Pisces offers the lowest levels of upgrades at the most reasonable price. As with all of the Mieles in our showroom, we tested them on high and low pile carpet as well as hardwood and finished concrete flooring. Using our carpet test squares as mats, we best tried to replicate the types of messes our customers would need to clean by wiping our shoes on them and using them as doggie beds. Like most Miele canisters, we were pleased with the results.
What I like about the Miele Pisces Vacuum Cleaner
The Pisces performed admirably on all surfaces tested. Using the Parquet Floor Brush it swept up dog hair, dirt and dust with ease. Unlike a broom, it left no residue on hard flooring. After switching to the Turbo brush attachment we tested it on three different styles of carpet. On the low and medium pile carpeting, the Pisces cleaned all of the dirt and hair with ease. On the shag carpet, the pet hair took a couple passes before it was fully lifted, but ultimately, the Pisces succeeded there as well.
HEPA filtration comes standard with this unit. I cannot say enough about Mieles Active HEPA filter, and the General Activated Charcoal (GAC) in these filters helps immensely. I have owned a Eureka with a HEPA filter in the past, but it did nothing to reduce odors. While the GAC in these filters may not seem like much, once you use them, you notice a big difference, particularly when cleaning up after pets.
As your most basic Galaxy unit, the price point is a little better than the others in this series. This model still comes equipped with a load of features that make the Miele canisters a cut above the rest, such as durable construction, light weight, six different speed settings, three accessory brushes under the hood, and a 7 year warranty on the motor, as well as Galaxy series exclusive features: an overheating safety shut-off, high capacity bags and better particle filtration (HEPA) than comparable models.
This may seem minor to some people, but the self-winding cord and self-sealing bags are small conveniences that make a big difference. The simple yet efficient technology behind the bags takes the mess out of changing them once full, and the self-winding cord has been rigorously tested by Miele to withstand thousands of uses.
What I do not like about the Miele Pisces vacuum cleaner
Personally, I am a dog owner, and despite the love I have for my pet, I cannot stand the hair. The Pisces handled the dog hair on low and medium pile carpet just fine, but if you have thicker carpet, as I do in my house, a better bet would the Capricorn, Aquarius or Callisto. The other option would be to purchase an electric hose and an electric driven power head, such as the SEB-236. The electric powered heads lift ground in hair from thick carpet better than the air-driven Turbo brushes.
Even though the HEPA filter does come standard with the Pisces, there is no indicator light letting you know when to replace it. For the best results and least strain on the motor, replace the HEPA filter in the Pisces once a year.
In all, the Pisces offers the basic upgrades of the Galaxy series without much additional expense. You will not find some of the more sophisticated features as you would in the Capricorn, but this does not detract from the fact that the Pisces is a top of the line Miele. I would recommend this model for those with allergies or asthma, with or without pets, and those who have hard flooring or low to medium pile carpet.
Miele Pisces S5281 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Low to medium pile carpet & smooth floors|
|Vacuum type:||Mid-size canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||30 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary dial on canister|
|Wand:||Stainless steel, Telescopic wand|
|Bag capacity:||4.76 quart Air Clean dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||Yes, Active HEPA Filter plus Generally Activated Charcoal Filter|
|Included Floor Tools:||Turbobrush for carpets & Parquet Floor Brush for smooth floors|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 10" W x 8"H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor - 1 year on parts and labor|