Miele Plus S251 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
We like to think of the Miele S251 Compact Plus vacuum cleaner as our entry-level Miele for all floor types. Its Super Air Clean Filter removes 99.95% of all particles down to 0.5 microns, and its Intensive Clean dust bags retain significantly more microscopic particles that standard paper bags and automatically seal themselves upon removal to protect you from allergens. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe.
- The Super Air Clean Filter is electrostatically charged to retain microscopic particles. It traps 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 microns and 94% of particles down to 0.3 microns.
- Impressive 30 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use.
- The 1000 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Quiet Operation - Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Wand parks on front or side of canister for easy storage & transport.
- The durable, strong, ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- Crush-proof electric hose that will stand even the most rugged abuse.
- State-of-the-art textured finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- Suction Control lets you set the power to any setting around the dial.
- Large HyClean dust bag with a 3.7 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- A hygienic dust cover prevents dust from escaping when the hose is detached.
- Comes with the electrically-driven SEB213 Powerbrush with a wide 10.5" brush roll for deep cleaning of carpets; the swivel neck provides excellent maneuverability. Also comes with a Smooth Floor Brush with soft bristles for cleaning smooth surfaces.
- Integrated, on-board tools include a Dusting Brush, an Upholstery Nozzle, and a Crevice Tool.
- 7-Year Warranty on the motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele Plus S251 Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
Electrically driven carpet tool with a 10" wide brush roll and floating head design. Swivel neck provides excellent maneuverability.
Recommended for deep cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap on low to medium height pile carpets with moderate densities.
|Smooth Floor Brush
This straight suction floor tool has dual 11" wide rows of soft synthetic bristles and rubber wheels to protect surfaces.
Recommended for cleaning of some carpet types as well as all smooth surfaces.
|Super Air Clean Filter
The Super Air Clean filter is designed for normal use and is made of multi-ply material which is electrostatically charged to retain dust particles.
It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron.
This filter lasts as long as 4 dust bags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified dust bags.
The new HyClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
- The Best
Great vacuum cleaner! Never had a problem in 7 years.
- two years and counting
Purchased this around 2 years ago, and aside from changing the bags and filters I've done nothing else to it. It's been a great vacuum.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Plus S251 Vacuum Cleaners
While the Miele Plus S251 is currently viewed as a versatile midrange model, in reality, the Miele Plus is the pioneering model which paved the way for the current Galaxy series vacuums. Even though many other Miele models have long been phased out, the Plus continues to be an excellent choice with customers. The Plus offers most of the same features that have made the S5 and S4 series so popular, including durable ABS construction, self winding cord, bumper strip to protect furniture, three mini attachments, quiet operation and superb suction. In addition to these, the Plus also offers electric powerbrush capability.
What I like about the Miele Plus
After trying this model on our dirty flooring samples, I found that the Plus delivered a performance on carpet slightly better than that of the Pisces. Despite a slightly lower power rating than the S5 series models, the Plus coupled with the SEB-213 powerbrush worked well on both the medium and low pile carpet. On hardwoods, the cleaning ability was on par with the best Miele has to offer. Overall, there was a distinct advantage with the Plus coming standard withboth a powerbrush and smooth floor tool.
The suction of this model is controlled by a variable dial. With no real preset points on the dial, the control offers a smooth, wide range of control.
The handle of the Plus has controls for the powerbrush built in. The vacuum will still run, but the powerbrush can be powered on or off with the push of a button. This could possibly be useful if you hear something while vacuuming. Instead of having to bend over and turn the unit off, you turn the powerbrush off with the push of a button and could then hear if someone was knocking at the door, etc.
The Plus comes in what I consider one of Miele's more attractive colors. Granted, the color of your vacuum should not be a primary factor in purchasing, but it is very important to some. In Royal Blue the Plus is one of the more aesthetically pleasing vacuum cleaners.
What I do not like about the Miele Plus
For asthma and allergy sufferers, this model will provide decent relief with the Super Air Clean filter, but the inability to upgrade to Active HEPA filtration hurts this model.
The electric cord is on the outside of the wand as opposed to being built into the wand like the S5 Series models. However, it is held tightly to the underside of the wand, reducing the chances of the cord catching on furniture.
The wand is not telescopic. This may be a problem for some but can be remedied by purchasing an optional stainless, telescopic wand.
While this model is not new to the market, there are a number of reasons why it continues to be sold today. With the Plus, Miele started down a road of innovation that culminates in the Galaxy series. Whether because of price, appearance, durability or results, choosing the Plus remains a great choice for a wide range of consumers. For those not concerned with HEPA filtration but need powerbrush results in an attractive package, the Plus may be right for you.
Miele Plus S251 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Any floor type|
|Vacuum type:||Compact canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Operating Radius:||30 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial on canister|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Handle with powerbrush control|
|Wand:||2-piece, non-telescopic wand|
|Bag type:||HyClean FJM|
|Bag capacity:||3.7 quart HyClean Plus dust bags|
|Filter:||Super Air Clean Filter|
|Included Floor Tools:||Powerbrush for carpets plus Smooth Floor Brush|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 9" W x 8" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and 1 year on parts and labor|