Miele S4210 Carina Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Lightweight and cost-efficient, the Miele Carina vacuum cleaner has a powerful motor and is made for use on either carpets or smooth floors. While the electrostatically charged Super Air Clean Filter captures far more allergens than the average vacuum cleaner, the optional HEPA filter transforms the Miele Carina into a HEPA air purifier on wheels. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe.
- The Super Air Clean Filter is electrostatically charged to retain microscopic particles. It traps 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 microns and 94% of particles down to 0.3 microns. The Active HEPA filter is optional and removes 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use.
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Suction Control lets you choose from six power levels.
- Impressive 30 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- Wand parks on front or side of canister for easy storage & transport.
- Durable ABS plastic body.
- Rubber 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large HyClean dust bag with a 3.7 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Quiet Operation - Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 10.5 pounds, making it easy to use.
- Stainless Steel Telescope Wand two piece wand that extends to 41 inches.
- Comes with the Combination Carpet / Floor Tool.
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7-Year Warranty on the motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele S4210 Carina Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SBD450-3 Combination Carpet/Smooth Floor Tool
This universal tool is ideal for all smooth flooring and very low pile carpeting. It allows you to go from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a quick click of a rocker switch.
The Galaxy series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. They attach to the wand in a handy clip.
The new HyClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
|Super Air Clean Filter
The Super Air Clean filter is designed for normal use and is made of multi-ply material which is electrostatically charged to retain dust particles.
It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron.
This filter lasts as long as 5 dustbags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified dust bags.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Carina S4210 Vacuum Cleaners
The S4210 Carina is a part of Miele's S4 Galaxy series. The galaxy series of vacuums has been awarded a rating of "excellent air quality" by an independent institute that monitors air quality. This melon yellow vacuum from Miele is a straight suction vacuum cleaner that can be used on either low pile carpets or smooth floors. A rotary dial with small pictures on the canister provides easy suction control ranging from 200 to 1200 Watts.
There is an electrostatic filter that will capture more allergens than your average vacuum cleaner. This Super Air Clean filter is made up a multi-ply material that is charged to retain dust particles. The filter lasts as long as 5 dust bags.
What I like:
One of the best attributes of the Miele canister vacuums is that changing the bag is simple and clean. You do not have to remove the bag in a way to avoid making another mess. The Intensive Clean dust bags are an intricate web of fibers that allow the vacuum to keep tiny particles inside the bag. The fiber composite design helps to prevent clogging in the canister.
The Carina comes with a universal floor tool for smooth flooring and low pile carpet. You can change surfaces very easily with a click of a switch. On the bottom of the floor tool, the Carina has wide thread lifters that help collect dirt and dust.
The Carina has a long cord that gives you almost 30 feet from the outlet. If you need to change floors or rooms, the Carina is portable. The floor tool fits onto the wand holder and you can pick the vacuum cleaner up with one hand. Your other hand is left free to hold onto railings, open doors, etc. The hose, wand, and floor tool are securely in place so you do not scratch walls.
What I do not like:
There are two limitations of the Carina. The first drawback is that it does not come with HEPA filtration. The HEPA filtration is optional and has to be added to the purchase. Like most Miele vacuums, you are able to add upgrades depending on your needs. Secondly, the Carina has the lowest end handle or wand in the Miele line. The wand is a stainless steel and does extend, but it lacks the comfort of the newer wands.
In summary, the S4210 Carina is a standard, inexpensive Miele starter vacuum. The Carina operates very quietly and it has an expected lifespan of twenty years. It has many of the benefits of the larger models with the ability to upgrade at a later time. Again, the Carina does not come with HEPA filtration and the wand is at the lower end of Miele standards. The Carina is a great vacuum for entry level and first time Miele buyers.
Miele S4210 Carina Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Smooth floors and carpets|
|Vacuum type:||Small canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||30 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary dial on canister|
|Wand:||Stainless steel, telescopic wand|
|Bag capacity:||3.5 quart Intensive Clean Plus dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||No, but it may be purchased separately|
|Included Floor Tools:||Combination floor / carpet tool|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator Light:
|Filter Change Indicator Light:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 9" W x 8"H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and 1 year on parts and labor|