Miele S4580 Luna Canister Vacuum Cleaner
At the high end of Miele's prestigious Galaxy series, the Miele Luna vacuum cleaner offers extra features like electronic controls and an ergonomic handle that's easy on the wrist. Ideal for allergy sufferers, the Luna vacuum uses self-sealing HyClean Plus dust bags and a HEPA filter inside a sealed system for the best possible indoor air quality. Miele vacuum cleaners not only clean your floors, but they also clean the air you breathe.
- The Active HEPA filter captures allergens like dust mite feces and pollen and conforms to the stringent European EN1822 filtration standard, trapping 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The Generally Activated Charcoal Filter traps chemicals and odors.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use.
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- Suction Control lets you choose from six power levels.
- Impressive 30 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- Wand parks on front or side of canister for easy storage & transport.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the independent, rubber, 360 swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large HyClean dust bag with a 3.7 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Quiet Operation - Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomic, keeping the strain off your wrist.
- Lightweight at only 10.5 pounds, making it easy to use.
- Stainless Steel Triscopic Wand is height-adjustable for your comfort and convenience & extends to 46 inches.
- Comes with the SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Brush with genuine horsehair bristles, ideal for gentle but thorough cleaning of tiled and wood floors.
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7-Year Warranty on the motor and 1-Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele S4580 Luna Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Tool
With genuine horsehair bristles, this floor brush makes sure that tiled and wood floors are cleaned thoroughly but gently. It has a 90° rotation and is exceptionally agile at cleaning around obstacles such as table legs, etc.
A required component for the use of all Miele canisters. Versions vary depending on canister style used. Miele hoses all are crush-proof and regardless of the abuse, will always retain their original shape.
|Miele Triscopic Wand
Sleekly designed, the triscopic wand connects the hose to the floor tool. Built in three stainless sections, the triscopic wands provides a range of adjustable heights, up to 46 inches.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The new ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist. This feature is standard on the Luna and Orion Galaxy series models.
The Galaxy series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. They attach to the wand in a handy clip.
The new HyClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
|Active HEPA Filter
The active HEPA filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it also uses a charcoal filter to absorb odors. The filter conforms to stringent European standards, trapping 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns. Replace after 50 hours of use or approximately 12 months. There is a convenient spot to write the date on the filter.
- Pleasantly surprised!
I have never owned a canister vacuum before this one. I had only had the push kind of vacuum, but hated the work involved in changing to clean furniture and drapes. The Luna is a bit expensive but worth the money.
- Very quiet
I am impressed with how powerful but quiet this vacuum is. At first it seemed less powerful because it is so quiet. I received it very quickly even though I got an email saying it was on back-order. It was only delayed a day. I have ordered from this site before and have had no problems and very fast shipping. I have been extremely pleased with the quality of the products including the allergy armor bedding.
- Next Day
I have been wanting this vacuum cleaner for a long time. I finally decided to splurge. To my delight, it arrived the very next day. Now I am happily sucking dust throughout my apartment.
- Big Miele Fan!
Because of allergies, we ripped out most of our carpeting in 2005 but had not found anything that really cleaned the hardwood floors and the area rugs. We finally went with the Luna two years ago and are now big fans.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Luna S4580 Vacuum Cleaners
The S4580 Luna is a part of Miele's S4 Galaxy series. This polar ice colored vacuum from Miele offers electronic variable suction control via easy to use step-on buttons. With the plus and minus buttons, you can increase suction without interruption. The Luna's sealed canister system is powered by a 1200 Watt capable motor which provides superior dust intake.
What I like about the Luna
The Luna has an Active HEPA filter. This filter captures tiny particles including dust mite feces and pollen. It traps 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns. The HEPA filter also uses generally activated charcoal to help absorb odors.
I also like the Parquet Floor Brush (SBB300-3). This brush very gently and thoroughly cleans tile and wood without damaging the surface of the floor. The brush head is very versatile and it swivels to clean hard to reach areas. You can vacuum around table legs and into corners easily with this brush.
Here are three more features I like on this vacuum. On the Luna, there is a Thermal Cut Out Indicator light. The vacuum automatically will switch off if the passage of air is blocked. This prevents the vacuum from overheating. You are alerted to a possible problem and the motor is protected from damage. Secondly, the ABS canister is a sealed system to increase efficiency. Additionally, the Luna's ergonomic handle is easy to use and keeps the strain off your wrist. There is a small switch to control air intake for softer fabrics like drapes.
What I do not like about the Luna
One thing I do not like about the Luna is that it does not do a great job on carpeting. It does not come with a Turbobrush or a Powerbrush. You cannot even upgrade to the electric driven powerbrushes. Unlike some other models, you cannot control the suction power from the handle assembly. One thing that I did not think about before I tested the vacuum at home was that the polar ice color shows dust and dirt faster than other colors.
In summary, the S4580 Luna is a great vacuum for hardwood flooring. To upgrade the Luna for medium pile carpeting, you can purchase a Turbobrush. It comes with the standard three piece accessory set which includes a crevice nozzle, upholstery tool, and a dusting brush. These tools conveniently clip onto the vacuuming wand. With the Luna's triscopic wand, they are useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. If you want a hard working, durable vacuum and reside in a home without carpeting, the Luna is a perfect choice for your cleaning needs.
Miele S4580 Luna Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Polished floors (but carpet brushes are optional)|
|Vacuum type:||Small canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||30 ft.|
|Suction Control:||+/- foot controls|
|Handle:||Deluxe Ergonomic handle assembly|
|Wand:||Stainless triscopic wand|
|Bag type:||FJM HyClean|
|Bag capacity:||3.7 quart|
|HEPA Filter:||Yes, Active HEPA Filter plus Generally Activated Charcoal Filter|
|Included Floor Tools:||Parquet Floor Brush for smooth floors|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:
|Filter Change Indicator:||No|
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||19" L x 9" W x 8"H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and 1 year on parts and labor|