Miele S6270 Red Velvet Canister Vacuum Cleaner
As the most unique Miele in the S6 class, the Miele Red Velvet sets itself apart by displaying a blend of reliable performance with an exclusive design feature. While the Red Velvet is still constructed of durable ABS plastic, the outer shell is completely covered in soft, red velvet. Beyond this, the Red Velvet offers all of the standard features that have made Miele vacuum cleaners so popular among allergy sufferers, including a sealed system and 11 stage filtration. Ideal for those with smooth flooring, the Miele Red Velvet vacuum cleaner is versatile and can fit any non-electric Miele attachment, so regardless of your cleaning task, the Red Velvet is more than up to the task of cleaning and removing allergens throughout your home!
- The Air Clean filter captures allergens, 99.95% of all particles as tiny as 0.5 microns, and 94% of all particles 0.3 microns and larger.
- The Clean Air System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The redesigned 1200W Miele Vortex Motor provides powerful suction for cleaning any surface.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last an average of 20 years residential use (45 min per week at highest setting).
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris and adds another layer of air filtration.
- Like more expensive Miele models, the Red Velvet has a full 33 ft. operating radius with the new one-touch automatic cord rewind.
- Durable ABS plastic body and the independent, rubber, 360° swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- First of it's kind, velvet finish is soft, stylish and a completely unique feature.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large FJM Air Clean filterbag with a 3.7 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Dustbag change indicator alerts you to replace the dustbag
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- At less than 10lbs., the Red Velvet is Lightweight, making it easy to maneuver.
- An ergonomic handle with suction slide control not only helps to keep the strain off your wrist but also allows you to reduce the suction, at your fingertips.
- The Red Velvet includes the SBD 285-3 combination tool. In one position, the stainless steel sole glides across carpet while the felt strips works to loose soil, and in the other position bristles extend to create a smooth floor tool.
- VarioClip attachments include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- New touches, including a brushed aluminum accent around the collar, new streamlined compartment latch, slight design changes and embossed logos all give this mid level Miele high class appeal.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and body casing and 1 Year Warranty on limited parts
Miele S6270 Red Velvet Canister Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
|SBD 285-3 Combination Carpet/Smooth Floor Tool
This universal tool is ideal for all smooth flooring and very low pile carpeting. It allows you to go from smooth floors to carpeted surfaces with a quick click of a rocker switch.
The Miele S2 series comes with 3 included tools all useful for cleaning upholstery, shelves, baseboards, and more. The tools are stored on the VarioClip which can be attached to the hose at any location.
|Super AirClean Filter
The Super Air Clean filter is designed for normal use and is made of multi-ply material which is charged to retain dust particles. It retains 99.95% of particles down to 0.5 of a micron and 94% of particles down to 0.3 of a micron. This filter lasts as long as 5 dust bags and is included free of charge from Miele with each box of Miele certified dust bags.
|Rotary Dial Suction Control
Miele canister vacuum cleaners most often employ a rotary dial suction control system. By simply turning this dial you can select 1 of 6 settings that give you varying degrees of suction and cleaning control. From cleaning delicate items to removing the most stubborn pet hair and soil, you can easily adjust the suction power of the Red Velvet. And new to the S6 line, an audible click lets you know that the dial is set.
The FJM AirClean dustbag features a 9-ply construction with a spring-loaded, self-sealing collar built into the bag. Each style is color coded to prevent confusion and offer many advantages:
Write Your Own Review
Miele Red Velvet Vacuum Cleaner
Of all of the new innovations and design changes that accompany the new Miele S6 line of canister vacuum cleaners, the most prominent is featured only on the Miele Red Velvet. Red Velvet isn't just the name of this vacuum- it's also what's covering it! As a leader in quality luxury home appliances, Miele takes a big step forward in introducing the Miele Red Velvet. With our showroom model, we tested the Red Velvet to see if the performance could match the design.
What I like about the Miele Red Velvet
The first thing that will catch your attention with the Red Velvet is the appearance. The unique color sets it apart, and while Miele has had "soft touch" finishes on previous models (like the original version of the Miele Earth), they have never created a vacuum cleaner that is covered in velvet. While this may not add to the performance of the vacuum cleaner, unless you're entering it into a design contest, it does enhance the appearance and truly set the Red Velvet apart from other vacuums.
The bumper strips help protect furniture and even the usual bumps and bangs that come along with vacuuming do not mar the finish - on your furniture or the Red Velvet!
The suction of the Red Velvet is truly on par with any premium vacuum on the market. An easy to turn rotary dial clicks into place to confirm your setting and can be easily adjusted to maximum suction for picking up dirt and grime from your smooth floor to its lowest setting for dusting around delicates, and four more settings in between.
What powers the suction is the patented Miele Vortex motor. Having taken apartment many Miele vacuum cleaners, including the Red Velvet, it might surprise you to learn that something about the size of a grapefruit can create enough suction to remove stubborn pet hair AND provide 20 years of cleaning service.
While all of these features add up, the price is very reasonable for a Miele brand vacuum. Settling towards the middle of the Miele vacuum price range, the Red Velvet affords practical performance, long life and exceptional design all in an inexpensive package.
The combination floor tool that comes standard with the Red Velvet is a serviceable tool best suited for smooth flooring and low pile carpeting. On smooth flooring the cleaning ability is in line with the Miele Twister. On rugs, there's a bit of a trick to cleaning them, particularly if you keep the vacuum on its highest suction setting. I place a foot on one end, holding it in place, then push the combo tool forward. After a couple passes I stand on the other end and repeat. For low pile carpet, the combo tool will suffice but if you have pets, you'll likely want to opt for the STB 205-3 turbobrush to better extract tangled pet hair.
In keeping with Miele's emphasis on indoor air quality, the FJM dust bag does more than trap hair and dirt, it truly does act as the first 9 stages of air filtration. Each of the 9 layers work together to filter particle both large and small. The air clean filter acts as another layer of filtration while the electrostatic Air Clean filter will capture microscopic particles. While those with more severe allergies or asthma will want to upgrade to the HEPA filter, the standard configuration of the Red Velvet affords 11 stage filtration that surpasses cheaper vacuums even with a HEPA filter.
The one-touch automatic cord rewind is an innovation I have enjoyed with the new S6's and the aluminum and slight style changes really work to set the Miele Red Velvet apart from hundreds of other vacuums available. The mini accessories are useful, particularly for dusting and cleaning hard to reach places, like on top of ceiling fans and the corners of your rooms, while the vacuum itself moves very freely across carpet or smooth surfaces.
What I do not like about the Miele Red Velvet
With the Miele Red Velvet you are starting to climb in price, in terms of the S6 vacuum cleaners. But, Miele is a top of the line brand which produces durable, quality products. To balance the initial cost, if you get the estimated 20 years out of this Miele, you will have saved hundreds of dollars over buying a cheaper model every three years.
For pet owners, you'll likely want to consider upgrading to the Miele Active Clean filter, which packs activated carbon in the filter to adsorb odors. For larger areas of carpet, I recommend moving up to the STB 205-3. The combo tool is serviceable, but it has its limitations.
The suction and filtration provide allergy and asthma sufferers what they need most in a vacuum, performance that truly captures ALL of the debris and allergens in your home. When your purchase a Red Velvet, you're not simply buying a vacuum for today or next year - you're purchasing a home appliance that can give up two decades of reliable cleaning ability. And that kind of value is nothing to sneeze at!
Miele S6270 Red Velvet Canister Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Low pile carpeting, rugs, hardwood, and tile|
|Vacuum type:||Midsize Canister|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Operating Radius:||33 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial Suction Adjustment|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Handle with Suction Slide Control|
|Wand:||Stainless Steel wand|
|Bag capacity:||3.7 quart Air Clean dust bag|
|Included Floor Tools:||SBD 285-3 Combo Floor Tool|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator Light:
|Auto Cord Rewind:||Yes|
|Silence Insulation :||Yes, Enhanced|
|Wand Park Feature:||Yes, Rear|
|Dimensions:||17" L x 10" W x 9" H|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motor and body casing - 1 years on limited parts|