Miele S7280 FreshAir Upright Vacuum Cleaner
For those coping with allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems, your vacuum cleaner may actually doing more harm than good. Leaky filters and systems and poor quality are often unfortunate hallmarks of many of the most widely used vacuum cleaners today. You won't find any of this with the new Miele S7280 FreshAir upright vacuum cleaner. With 11-stage filtration, the Miele FreshAir upright starts with a Miele filterbag, constructed of nine layers of filter media, then adds in a pre-motor filter, a certified H13 HEPA filter and a post filter, all bundled together in a sealed system, to not only clean the floors in your home but to also filter out and trap the allergens and fine particles that can aggravate allergies or asthma. With powerful suction and independently driven brushroll, the S7 Fresh Air deep cleans carpets of all heights. In addition to the standard attachments that come with a Miele S7 vacuum, this model also comes with a large mattress tool and universal swivel brush, free! Quieter than any other upright you can buy and with a cleaning reach of 54 feet, the Miele S7 Freshair is a home cleaning solution for a better looking, healthier home.
- The Swivel-Neck design allows for better turning and cornering around furniture. This feature gives a nimble touch to this upright.
- The AirClean HEPA filter captures common household allergens and has been tested to remove 99.95% of all particles as tiny as 0.1 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister provides maximum airflow and suction, eliminates air leakage and ensures that all the air passing through the Miele is filtered leaving nothing behind but fresh air.
- The new AirClean HEPA filter also features a TimeStrip indicator that conveniently lets you know when to replace the filter even if you don't have a filter replacement indicator built into your Miele upright.
- A workhorse, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides powerful suction and unmatched durability.
- A Slow Starting motor reduces wear and tear while extending the life of the motor.
- Each Miele FreshAir upright vacuum is tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years of residential use.*
- A Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomically contoured to ease strain and provide complete control.
- The ergonomic handle comes equipped with Brush Roll and Power Control.
- A Rotary Dial located at the top of the S7 FreshAir allows you to adjust suction for your specific cleaning task (more for floors, less for dusting).
- The spring-loaded, Automatic Height Adjustment adjusts the cleaning head to the optimal cleaning depth regardless of the surface.
- With a large Operating Radius of 55 ft. this Miele upright gives you the ability to clean more without wasting time changing outlets.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the rubber wheels scuff or mark floors.
- A LED Brush Light provides enhanced visibility while cleaning.
- A Six Inch Profile while lying flat allows you to vacuum under some of the tightest spaces.
- The Freshair upright uses the large, 5.45 quart, capacity Miele U Filterbag that features 9 Stage Filtration. These layers help prevent sharp objects from puncturing the bag and filter out visible and some microparticles, while the spring loaded collar automatically seals for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Filterbag change indicator light alerts you when it's time for a change.
- A Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- A thick layer of Silence Insulation makes each Miele upright quieter than any other upright vacuum available.
- The Hose Lock feature allows you to lock the hose into place helping to stabilize the vacuum while using the wand.
- A Built-In Handle in the back of the unit to allow for easier transportation of the vacuum up and down stairs.
- Brushes, attachments and tools that will fit the Miele Canisters also readily attach to the Lightweight, Telescopic 2 ft. Wand.
- Fully integrated, on-board tools include an Extra Long Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- Exclusive to the Miele S7 FreshAir upright are two additional free attachments, the Universal Swivel Brush and Mattress Tool
- 7 Year Warranty on the motors and ABS Shell - 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele S7280 FreshAir Upright Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
To address a drawback to bulky, traditional uprights, the new Miele S7 upright vacuum cleaners come with a swivel-neck design. The body of the vacuum swivels on the base. This smooth left to right motion aids when turning the vacuum around furniture and tight corners.
|Deluxe Handle Assembly
The S7 series uses a handle design similar to that found on Miele premium canisters. This reinforced, ergonomic handle assembly makes vacuuming a breeze, keeping the strain off your wrist. The handle also comes equipped with brushroll and power controls.
|Hose and Hose Lock Feature
The hose Miele developed for the uprights is one of the best available. Not only is it durable and rigorously tested, but this hose stretches to 14 feet and is less rigid than those found on traditional uprights. Resistant to kinks and bends, this durable hose provides more reach than any other upright, and when using the hose, Miele has developed a hose lock features that helps stabilize the upright and reduce the chance of tipping.
|LED Brush Light
The new Miele FreshAir upright features a LED Brush Light that illuminates the area in front of you as you vacuum. This is ideal for cleaning under beds and other furniture where the 6" lay flat profile allows you to tidy up areas of your home that are often ignored.
|Universal Swivel Brush
This additional tool comes as FREE BONUS accessory with the Miele Fresh Air vacuum cleaner. Versatile and adjustable, you can twist and turn this brush to clean high overhead or at awkward angles where other brushes simply cannot reach. Soft, yet firm bristles gentle dislodge debris and dirt while the powerful suction of the FreshAir removes it. Can be fitted to the end of the wand or directly to the handle.
As another FREE BONUS tool included with each Miele Freshair S7 vacuum, the Miele Mattress Tool attaches to the wand or handle for easy cleaning of your mattress or any other piece of upholstered furniture. With felt strips and a wide cleaning path, the strips dislodge hair and other debris while the mattress tool focuses the powerful Miele suction to remove loosened soil and mess.
The new AirClean filterbags for the Miele uprights have an extra large, 5.45 quart capacity and now feature a redesigned self-sealing technology. With nine stage filtration, these heavy duty bags use a spring loaded self-sealing feature to ensure dirt and allergens remained trapped inside the bag and work to eliminate the chance of spills while changing. The AirClean filterbag with the Miele HEPA filter and sealed system combine to give you the most hygienic vacuum on the market.
|HEPA AirClean Filter
The Miele AirClean HEPA filter is the final piece of the AirClean filtration system. Independently certified to remove 99.95% of particles, 0.1 microns and larger, this filter traps the particles that are most harmful to your health. The new TimeStrip feature (standard with all new Miele HEPA filters), takes all the guesswork out. Simply crush/push the green button on the strip and the Timestrip does the rest. When it's red, replace the filter. Replace after approximately 50 hours or 12 months of use.
- Stopped working after two uses
- I bought this vacuum cleaner because I know Miele has a great reputation & my children have allergies.The second time I used it the vacuum died & now I have to go take it in to get serviced. TWO times I got to use this & it's already not working. If I could have rated it 0 stars I would have. I will never buy a vacuum online again.
Write Your Own Review
Miele FreshAir S7280 Vacuum Cleaner
As the second new model in the new FreshAir series of Miele vacuums, the Miele S7280 FreshAir upright vacuum is an ideal solution to cleaning your home without polluting your indoor air. While many new vacuums are equipped with HEPA filters, testing still shows they reintroduce tens to hundreds of thousands of ultrafine particles back into the air as you clean. For anyone dealing with allergies, asthma or COPD, this can cause serious problems as the spike in particulate that accompanies vacuuming can cause a range of reactions. The Miele FreshAir S7 is different. By combining multiple stages of filtration, the S7280 has been tested to remove more particles than any other vacuum available, leaving your floors, and the air in your home, clean and fresh. So how does the FreshAir S7 upright compare to other brands or other Miele uprights? Let's take a look.
What I like about the Miele Fresh Air Upright
As mentioned above, filtration is a key feature with this Miele upright. The 9-ply U filter bag uses successive layers of filter media to first trap the largest particles, working its way down to some of the larger non-visible allergens. As the suction pulls air through the upright, it passes through a pre-motor filter then through a Miele H13 HEPA filter which captures and retains 99.95% of particles as small as 0.1 microns. Gaskets are used throughout the system to ensure maximum suction and airflow with no leakage, so if dirty air enters the FreshAir, none of it leaves until it has been filtered. This system outperforms all major brands like Dyson, Electrolux, SEBO, Hoover, Eureka and others, and more importantly, it has actually been independently tested to back up this claim.
While the filtration is superior to other brands, it is on par with most other Miele uprights. However, included attachments is one area where it is steps above not only other brands of uprights but other Miele S7 uprights. The standard dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice tool are included, neatly integrated into the back of the vac, but in addition to these, the S7 FreshAir also comes with a mattress tool and universal swivel brush, a $65 value. The mattress tool is wide and uses felt strips to dislodge debris while suction removes it from your mattress or any other piece of upholstered furniture. The universal swivel brush, one of the most popular Miele attachments, can be configured at a variety of angles to clean the top of bookcases or shelves overhead, ceiling fans or other hard-to-reach areas. Wider than all the other included attachments, this brush makes quick work of tough-to-reach cleaning jobs.
What about cleaning and suction? The extra accessories provide a lot of versatility when it comes to above-the-floor cleaning and dusting, but Miele FreshAir truly excels on flooring, particularly carpet. The brushroll is electrically driven by an independent motor, which unlike other uprights, gives you the ability to turn the brushroll off and use only the powerful suction to clean areas of smooth flooring. The cleaning head of this vacuum self adjusts using a spring mechanism to provide the right cleaning height regardless of the surface. On carpet, the brushroll deep cleans and refreshes matted down carpet fibers, loosening debris, pet hair and allergens to be trapped in the U filterbag. This upright is so powerful, it almost feels as it is self-propelled.
Most uprights still continue to use straight-line wheels. The Dyson Ball took this a step further and greatly improved the ability for vacuums to turn and corner. Miele has a slightly different take on this with its Swivel Neck design. By lowering the center of gravity and creating a swivel/pivot point between the body and the base of S7, Miele uprights can turn with ease, getting in tight and close to furniture. This, combined with the deluxe handle and the near self-propelled feel of this vacuum make it one of the easiest to maneuver and use throughout the home.
It is difficult to demonstrate how quiet this vacuum is in a review, but there is really no comparison between this product and other brands of uprights. While vacuuming with the Miele S7 FreshAir you can hear the doorbell, the phone, and even carry on a conversation without have to yell. A thick layer of silence insulation around the motor and internal design of the vacuum dramatically reduces noise while maintaining strong suction.
The ergonomic handle is identical to the one used with the other Miele uprights but provides more control than most other upright brands. Not only is the power located on the handle but also your brushroll control. So with just the flip of the switch you can transition from deep cleaning your carpets to using suction only to clean smooth floors.
The reach of this upright is the best amongst residential vacuum cleaners. With an extra long cord and very long hose and wand, the Fresh Air S7 can be used to clean nearly any home, top to bottom. You will likely find yourself spending less time searching for an outlet or a chair to stand on for additional overhead reach.
Like other S7 models, the FreshAir upright vacuum retains nearly all of the features found in other Miele uprights. From the LED light to illuminate your cleaning path and the rubber bumper strip to a durable ABS shell and powerful Vortex motor, the FreshAir is durable and tested to provide twenty years of use. Lastly, it also features a seven warranty on the motor, a full two years longer than nearly all other brands.
What I do not like about the Miele Fresh Air Upright
Weight. While this upright handle well and is easy to use, it is heavier than a lot of other uprights you'll find. Weighing around 21 lbs. it be a bit much for people to take up and down flights of stairs. Avoid using the deluxe ergonomic handle for carrying and instead use the integrated handle in the back to amek this chore a lot easier. Though, nothing really reduces the weight.
While I could mentioned that I'd prefer digital, push-button controls for adjusting suction (over the rotary dial), this is fairly standard amongst uprights (with the biggest difference being the control is towards the top of the vacuum, and there are six different levels of suction).
The Miele FreshAir S7 upright vacuum truly does combine the best features available from Miele. With superior cleaning ability and filtration, powerful suction, and an array of convenient and valuable features and accessories, this S7 is an ideal addition to the home of anyone dealing with allergies, asthma or COPD. From top to bottom, this quiet, powerful and hygienic vacuum is a valuable, long term way to clean your home while improving your indoor air quality.
Miele S7280 FreshAir Upright Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||Allergy/Asthma sufferers with all types of carpet and some smooth floors|
|Construction :||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||12 Amp, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Brush Roll Motor:||4800 RPM|
|Operating Radius:||55 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Rotary Dial Controls on Body / Suction & Power switches on Handle|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Deluxe Handle assembly plus full fingertip controls|
|Wand:||Fully Adjustable 2 ft.|
|Hose:||Retractable with Hose Lock, 14 ft.|
|Bag capacity:||5.45 quart AirClean dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||Yes, H13 w/ TimeStrip Indicator|
|Extra Long Crevice Tool:||Yes|
|Additional Accessories:||Universal Swivel Brush & Mattress Nozzle|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator:
|Filter Change Indicator:||Yes|
|Silence Insulation :||Yes|
|Dimensions:||46.5"H x 13.5"W x 14.5" D|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motors and ABS body - 1 years on parts and labor|