Miele S7580 Swing Upright Vacuum Cleaner
As the best that Miele has to offer in way of upright vacuums, the Miele Swing provides you with all the conveniences and features that make cleaning your floors and furniture very easy. Not only does the Swing have a full array of tools to help you clean better, it makes the perfect vacuum for anyone concerned with their indoor air quality. Eleven stage filtration, included rubber seals, a 9-ply filter bag, pre-motor filter, and HEPA filter, all work to remove allergens, dirt, dust and debris without sending harmful microparticles throughout your home.
With a patented Swivel-Neck design, 6" profile when lying flat, and wide, 55 ft. cleaning radius, the Miele Swing provides the versatility and maneuverability to clean in, under and around nearly everything in your home. Automatic suction control and height adjustment lets you easily transition from different surfaces and a convenient switch on the handle turns the brushroll off for cleaning smooth flooring on the the fly. So no matter if you're an allergy or asthma sufferer concerned about finding the right upright for your needs or you're simply looking for the highest quality vacuum available today, you can't go wrong with the Miele Swing. Check out how the Miele Swing compares to other Miele upright vacuum cleaners, compare Miele S7 uprights.
*Now comes with a FREE Flexible Crevice Tool and Miele Micro Set*
- A patented Swivel-Neck design allows for better turning and cornering around furniture. This feature gives a nimble touch to this upright.
- The HEPA AirClean filter captures common allergens like dust mite feces, pet dander, and pollen. Conforms to the stringent European H13 HEPA filtration standard, trapping 99.95% of all particles as tiny as 0.1 microns.
- Each HEPA filter also features a seal to prevent air leakage and new TimeStrip Indicator to let you know exactly when your filter needs to be replaced.
- The AirClean System (sealed system, 11-stage HEPA filtration) provides maximum protection of indoor air quality.
- The 12 AMP, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- The Slow Starting motor reduces wear and tear while extending the life of the motor.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years of residential use (45 minutes at the highest setting once per week).
- Each New Miele S7 Upright comes standard with a Deluxe Handle Assembly. This handle is ergonomic and keeps the strain off your wrist while putting power and brushroll control right at your fingertips.
- With Full Electronic Controls, including bag full & filter change indicator lights, the Swing also comes with the Auto-Eco (Automatic Suction Adjustment) setting.
- The spring-loaded, Automatic Height Adjustment makes moving to different surfaces a breeze.
- Extra wide Operating Radius of 55 ft.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the rubber wheels won't damage floors.
- A LED Brush Light for enhanced visibility while cleaning.
- State-of-the-art textured finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- A Six Inch Profile while lying flat allows you to vacuum under some of the tightest spaces in your home.
- Large AirClean dust bag with a 5.45 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- The improved U series filter bag features 9 Stage Filtration. These layers help prevent sharp objects from puncturing the bag, while the dust bag closes automatically with a spring loaded collar, for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Filter change indicator light lets you know when it's time to change the HEPA filter.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation when compared to traditional uprights.
- The Hose Lock feature allows you to lock the hose into place helping to stabilize the vacuum while using the wand.
- The S7 uprights all come with a Built-In Handle in the back of the unit to allow for easy transportation of the vacuum.
- Adding versatility, brushes, attachments and tools that will fit the Miele Canisters also readily attach to the Lightweight, Telescopic, 2 ft. Wand of the Swing.
- Fully integrated, on-board tools include an Extra Long Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motors and ABS Shell - 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.
Miele S7580 Swing Upright Vacuum Cleaner - A Closer Look
To address a drawback to bulky, traditional uprights, the new Miele S7 upright vacuum cleaners come with a new swivel-neck design. The body of the vacuum swivels on the base. This smooth left to right motion aids when turning the vacuum around furniture and tight corners.
|Auto-Eco (Automatic Suction Adjustment)
The Miele Swing is one of only three Miele vacuum cleaners that gives you unprecedented ease in vacuuming. Instead of having to manually adjust the suction level, the Swing will do the job for you! Simply set to Automatic, and the Miele Swing will adjust suction levels based on the resistance of the flooring type you are currently vacuuming. As you transition to different types of flooring, the Swing adjusts the suction to the optimal level for cleaning.
|Advanced Electronic Controls
Gone is the rotary dial and instead you have a full array of illuminated, push-button controls. They not only clearly and easily allow you see your current suction level, but indicator lights also alert you when the HEPA filter needs to be changed or when you have sucked something up that could damage your Miele. Combined with Power On/Off and Brushroll Control (Smooth/Carpet) buttons on the ergonomic handle, the Swing provides complete control at your fingertips.
|Hose and Hose Lock Feature
The hose Miele developed for the uprights is one of the best on the market. Not only is it durable and rigorously tested, but this hose stretches to 14 ft. and is less rigid than those found on traditional uprights. Unlike cheap vacuum cleaners, the hose of the Miele Swing is durable and will not kink or lose it's shape. When using the hose, a hose lock feature helps reduce the chance of tipping the vacuum while cleaning.
As with all Miele vacuums, the Miele Swing comes with three integrated mini accessories to provide you extra above-the-floor cleaning ability. Each fits snugly into the back of the upright so you never have to worry about losing them. They include:
- dusting brush
- upholstery nozzle
- extra long crevice tool
The AirClean filter bags for the Miele uprights have an extra large, 5.45 quart capacity and feature a redesigned self-sealing technology. With 9 Stage Filtration, these heavy duty bags are a core component in the Miele AirClean filtration system. Each filter bag comes with a spring loaded sealing feature to ensure dirt and allergens remained trapped inside the bag and work to eliminate the chance of spills while changing.
|HEPA AirClean Filter
The HEPA filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung damaging particles (including common allergens like dust mites, pet dander, and pollen), it also now features a TimeStrip Indicator that let's you know exactly when to replace it. This filter conforms to stringent European H13 HEPA standards, trapping 99.95% of all particles as tiny as 0.1 microns and features a seal to prevent air leakage around the filter. These features, plus a sealed system and combined, 11-stage filtration process, combine to create the perfect allergy vacuum cleaner.
Write Your Own Review
Miele Swing S7580 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
As the top of the current line of Miele S7 upright vacuum cleaners, the Swing S7580 offers all the best of Miele innovation and cleaning ability while paying particular attention to keeping the air in your home cleaner than any other vacuum cleaner on the market. Advanced and useful features provide convenience and cut down on cleaning time by turning your Miele vacuum into an all round house cleaning machine. With our showroom model in hand, I put the Swing through the paces at my mother's house.What I like about the Miele Swing Premium Upright
My mother's home is mostly carpet... well, really all carpet except the bathrooms and kitchen. Traditionally, upright vacuums have been the best answer to cleaning carpets, and the Miele Swing is no exception. The independently driven brushroll is powerful enough to pull up pet hair and even the ground in dirt and dried mud that goes along with living on a farm. Overall, the performance on both thin and high pile carpet was impressive. The automatic height adjustment works well when moving from different height flooring, and even on smooth flooring, once the brushroll is disengaged, the 1200 watt Vortex motor provides more than enough suction to clean better than a broom. It's powerful enough to pull in debris without ever having to run over it.
The Swing is a really quiet vacuum cleaner. Even at full suction, the noise level is easily half that of a Eureka, Hoover, or Dyson (I know because my mother owns a veritable herd of vacuum cleaners). You can continue a conversation while cleaning and really don't have to worry about the doorbell or phone either. They are so quiet that you can often vacuum and not disturb sleeping children or pets.
With push button controls, the Swing sets itself apart from other Miele vacuums. Illuminated controls let you know what suction level you're on, and easy to read indicator lights tell you when the HEPA filter needs changed and when you may have accidentally sucked up something that could damage the unit by overheating. Though I personally do not use the Automatic suction adjustment feature much, it works well when transitioning (though you still may suck up a rug when you first move over to it).
Though not really lightweight, the Swing is very nimble. The Swivel-Neck design really lends itself to a smooth vacuuming experience. It is responsive as you clean around table legs and furniture, and the slim 6" profile when lying flat makes vacuuming under furniture simple. Overall, these two features make the Miele Swing one of the easiest vacuums to actually maneuver around your home.
With the complete Miele AirClean System installed, the Swing offers complete air filtration as it works. This means improved indoor air quality (and without using an air purifier!). It starts with the self-sealing, 9-ply filter bag that traps small, medium and large particles. From here the air passes through pre-motor filter that not only helps to keep the motor clean but also adds another layer of overall filtration. Before exiting the vacuum, the Miele HEPA filter filters out 99.95% of all particles 0.1 microns or larger. And throughout the entire process, rubber seals around the bag compartment and the HEPA filter ensure no air leaks out. In all, the Miele Swing is the most hygienic, luxury allergy vacuum cleaner available.
What I do not like about Miele Swing Premium Upright
My only real drawback with the Swing is the weight. It can be a little heavy compared to other upright vacuum cleaners. It is odd though. While carrying the vacuum, say from floor to floor, by the handle on the back, the vacuum may feel heavy. However, when you are actually using it, it doesn't feel as heavy because of how the weight is distributed while you clean. It also helps that the brushroll is so powerful it almost feels self-propelled when using on carpet. Sure I could complain about having to wind up the cord myself, but.... that's really stretching it.
All terrible puns aside, the filtration and performance are second to none when it comes to upright vacuums. The Swing provides outstanding cleaning performance across all surfaces while the attachments and super long hose/wand combo give you reach to clean cobwebs from the ceiling or dust overhead vents. The overall cleaning reach stretches beyond half of a basketball court, and the quietness of this upright will truly surprise anyone not familiar with a Miele vacuum. Backing up this performance is one of the best warranties in the industry. The motor and body are guaranteed to last you at least a full seven years, and the style/finish/look of the Miele Swing is truly unique. If you are concerned about keep the floors AND air in your home clean, or if you simply want the most durable, quality vacuum available, the Miele Swing Upright should be towards the top of your list.
Miele S7580 Swing Upright Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
|Best for:||All types of carpet|
|Vacuum type:||Premium Class Upright|
|Color:||Steel Blue Metallic|
|Construction:||Durable ABS plastic|
|Motor:||12 AMP, 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor|
|Brush Roll Motor:||4800 RPM|
|Operating Radius:||55 ft.|
|Suction Control:||Electronic Controls on Body / Suction & Power switches on Handle|
|Handle:||Ergonomic Deluxe Handle assembly plus full fingertip controls|
|Wand:||Fully Adjustable 2 ft.|
|Hose:||Retractable with Hose Lock, 14 ft.|
|Bag capacity:||5.45 quart AirClean dust bags|
|HEPA Filter:||Yes, H13 HEPA|
|Extra Long Crevice Tool:||Yes|
|Dust Bag Change Indicator :
|Filter Change Indicator :||Yes|
|Dimensions:||46.5"H x 13.5"W x 14.5" D|
|Warranty:||7 years on the motors and ABS Shell - 1 years on parts and labor|