Monaghan Z Stat Holding Chambers
Valved holding chambers are devices designed to improve medication delivery with metered-dose inhalers (MDI). This decreases deposition of medication in the mouth and throat, and improves medicine distribution to the lungs. Holding chambers have valves that prevent medication loss during exhalation by allowing air to flow through the chamber only while inhaling. For children with asthma, the combination of an MDI with a holding chamber may be easier to use and more effective than an MDI alone.
Monaghan Z STAT is a physician recommended valved holding chamber to delivery asthma and other metered dose medication effectively and efficiently. The Monaghan Z STAT is available by itself or with a color coded mask. Color coded by mask size; the chamber with small mask is orange, the chamber with medium mask is yellow. The chamber with large mask is blue.
*Please note that the Monaghan Z Stat Holding Chamber requires a doctor's prescription for purchase. Please fax to 1-800-237-9618 or send the doctor's note to firstname.lastname@example.org after placing your order. We will be happy to finalize your order and ship the item out for delivery.
This holding chamber incorporates several improved features:
- This product contains no latex and it is BPA free.
- The StatBan anti-static polymer chamber delivers more medication to the patient.
- The ComfortSeal mask for the Monaghan Z STAT features an EZ Flow exhalation valve to make exhalation easier.
- A new flow dynamic valve and baffle system increases the amount of medicine that makes it to your lungs and decreases oral deposition of medicine for reduced side effects.
- A new universal adapter fits all commonly prescribed inhalers, including new HFA inhalers.
- The Monaghan Z STAT are "Made in America" of American and Canadian parts.
- I would suggest it to anyone that uses an inhaler.
I have used others but this is the best spacer I have used for using my albuterol inhaler. It seems the medication works better when using the aero chamber than not using one. I know because for years I used the inhaler without the spacer and now I see the difference after using the Monaghan.
Write Your Own Review
Monaghan Z Stat Holding Chambers Specifications
Not sure which Z Stat is right for you? Here are some quick measurements to help you choose. Remember, the height is going to correlate with roughly the distance from your chin to the bridge of your nose.
- Small (Orange): 3" H x 2.25" W
- Medium (Yellow): 4" H x 3.25" W
- Large (Blue): 5" H x 4.0" W
In general, small/orange is going to fit children. Medium/yellow fits teens and men/women with smaller frames. Large/blue most adults.