NQ Clarifier HEPA Air Purifiers
The NQ Clarifier HEPA air purifier is in a class by itself. Long a leader in high class filtration for some of the most sensitive commercial settings, like pharmaceutical labs, hospitals and a variety of industrial settings, NQ has taken the best features that works in those settings and turned it into a heavy-duty residential, HEPA air purifier. With its five-stage, hospital-grade filtration process, it absorbs a wider spectrum of allergens, and gases while neutralizing more viruses and bacteria than most other air purifier we offer.
As a step above the standard NQ Clarifier, the NQ Clarifier Medical UV air purifier uses the most advanced mobile isolation room technology available, including four, powerful UV-C lamps to destroy the most pathogens, bacteria, and viruses. The NQ Medical features rugged, durable construction and is built for use residential or commercial settings, ideal for people with compromised immune systems. Both NQ HEPA air purifiers are excellent choices for MCS sufferers as well as those with medical conditions that require first rate air filtration.
- Five-Stage Filtration to remove the greatest spectrum of allergens, gases, viruses, and bacteria:
- The spun polyester pre-filter (impregnated with carbon) absorbs odors, traps dust bunnies, hair and other larger particulates.
- A 15 lb. carbon media drum absorbs odors, chemicals, and gas contaminants.
- 80 sq. ft. of True HEPA filter media filters pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and particulates down to 0.3 microns in size.
- Germicidal UV lamps filter airborne infectious diseases like H1N1, smallpox, salmonella, hepatitis, influenza, TB, and Legionnaires Disease.
- In the final stage, a carbon post-filter removes excess contaminants.
- The NQ Clarifier is a sealed system with gaskets to prevent leakage and air from mixing.
- Simple and easy-to-use control panel with three fan speeds.
- Discharge vent pushes clean air out the top of the air purifier for direct filtration efficiency.
- Energy efficient, using only 100 watts of power at maximum speed.
- UV Indicator Light lets you know that the UV filter is working properly.
- Filter Change Indicator lets you know when it's time to change the HEPA filter.
- Casters for easy moving with no scuff marks.
- Effective in areas up to 660 sq. ft.
- This is the product I wanted - not the one I got..
So I really don't know how well it works. I had very allergic friends coming to stay for a couple of nights when I ordered this and unknown to Achoo, it was out of stock. When I realized too much time had passed and my friends were due in just a few days I contacted Achoo. Their customer service team is great and when they realized what had happened they jumped right on it and offered to ship a different even more expensive unit instead - that they felt was better than the one I had ordered. I wanted this NQ Clarifier because along with its other features, it also has UV lighting and a charcoal filter. The one I received after my friends had left has neither. The even more expensive Health Pro which they substituted at no additional cost seems to run OK, but I who also have numerous allergies can tell no difference in the air quality in my home. For no perceived benefit, I have spent an obscene amount of money for someone trying to exist on Social Security. But I repeat - their customer service people are truly great!
- I can finally sleep
Every summer my nose is all plugged up at night making it hard to breathe without taking allergy medications. After I put the NQ Clarifier in my room, my nose is clear so I no longer need to take any medications.
- I can see my family again...
With two cats and a dog, I was unable to have a very allergic family to my house. After gettgin my NQ Clarifier I invited the family and all were amazed that they did not feel sick when they left. Thanks! Now I have to do the dishes :)
- Love it!!!!
My son has allergies. This was the only thing that allows him to breathe at home.
Write Your Own Review
NQ Clarifier Air Purifier
The NQ Clarifier's odor stopping ability absolutely blew me away. We purchased the unit to help in the downstairs portion of our home, where our two cats reside. We had a problem with a musty, cat urine smell in our laundry room, so we decided to give the NQ Clarifier a try. Almost instantly we were amazed by the lack of smell. We are very pleased with the machine and we are considering putting another one in our bedroom.
What I like about the NQ Clarifier
- Filtration - The pre-filter traps particles 10 microns and larger. Next, 15 lbs. of activated carbon adsorb odors, VOC's and other chemical pollutants. After this, a HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns and larger, and finally a post-filter with impregnated, active carbon traps any remaining contaminants. UV bulbs emit ultraviolet light to irradiate pathogens, germs and other microorganisms.
- UV Light - If pathogens are a concern, the NQ is ideal in that the ultraviolet light emitted by the bulbs of this unit disrupt or destroy even the smallest microorganisms. Simple HEPA filtration systems alone may trap them, but they will still be alive in the filter. NQ is the only UV system that destroys pathogens in a single pass. Other air purifiers actually require multiple passes through their UV lights to destroy microorganisms.
- Industrial strength - from the housing to the filters, the NQ is a heavy duty air purifier. Their history as a company has mainly been in the commercial market and highly specialized filtration for some of the most sensitive areas, and with the Clarifier, they have taken years of experience and rolled it into this unit.
- Separate filters - for cases like ours, the carbon filters does most of the work. Being able to replace it without having to replace all of the filtration components allows us to focus on what we need most while reducing overall maintenance costs.
- Casters - With larger steel units like the NQ, casters is a must-have to easily move the unit from room to room
- Relatively inexpensive to keep the filters changed and up to date. The cost is comparable to that of other air purifiers with similar filtration capabilities.
- Broad range of filtration - For us the odor removal was key, but with UV bulbs and five stage filtration, the NQ cleans up more than just odors. From chemicals and pathogens to dust mites, pollen, pet dander, and smoke, the NQ is up to the task.
- Air Flow - The NQ has a powerful motor and sealed system design that allows it to draw in dirty air through the bottom-sides, clean it, then vent the purified air through the top. This design allows for a more concentrated push of cleaned air out and away from the machine to improve overall room circulation and speed the air purifying process.
- Made in the U.S.A. - While the majority of appliances are now made overseas, NQ has been proudly manufacturing air purifiers in Connecticut for nearly 2 decades. Constructed of American produced steel, all components, except the blower (which is German made), are made here in the U.S.
- Filter change can be a little cumbersome. With heavier duty air purifiers this is often the case. Just REMEMBER, the screw(s) that keep the filter in place, that are located on the very bottom plate, once they are removed you do NOT need to use them again. They are only installed so the filter stays in place during shipping.
- Has a very industrial/clinical aesthetic to it, so if appearances aren't a major concern but rock-solid filtration is, this shouldn't be a problem.
The NQ Clarifier Medical offers the same great features of the standard NQ Clarifier with the exception that instead of 2 UV Bulbs, the Medical has 4 which doubles the dosage of UV that pathogens and germs are subjected to. Both units are well suited for MCS patients and those who have compromised immune systems.
NQ Clarifier HEPA Air Purifiers Specifications
|Recommended For:||Allergy, asthma and MCS sufferers and those concerned about airborne bacteria and viruses|
|User Profile:||Wants hospital grade filtration that filters viruses and bacteria|
|Maximum Room Size
2 air changes per hour
|1310 sq. ft.|
|4 air changes per hour||660 sq. ft.|
|6 air changes per hour
|440 sq. ft.|
|Filter Description:||5 stage, 15 lbs. Active Carbon, HEPA, UV light|
|Pre-filter:||Spun polyester impregnated with carbon|
|HEPA Media Size:||80 sq. ft. HEPA cloth|
|Carbon Filter:||Yes, 15 lbs granulated coconut shell carbon|
|UV Light:||2 UV lamps produce over 13000 microwatts of germicidal dosage|
|Average Filter Life:||Pre-filter - 6-12 months
Carbon filter & Post-filter - 1-2 years
HEPA filter - 2-3 years
Ultraviolet lamps (2 Standard) - 1 year (4 Bulbs for Medical)
|Air Intake:||All 4 sides towards the bottom of the unit|
|Air Outflow:||Top of unit (slants forward)|
|Filter Change Indicator Sensors:||Yes|
|Second Hand Smoke Removal:||Yes|
|Ease of Filter Replacement:||Moderate, 2 screws on rear door of unit|
|Interface Control Type:||Rotating dial|
|Dimensions:||28" H x 15" H x 14" D|
|Shipping Weight:||55 lbs.|
|Housing:||22 gauge galvanized steel, bonded coating for durability.|
|Noise Level:||45-55 dBa|
|Wheels / Casters:||Yes|
|Power Consumption:||100 watts on high|
|Fan Speeds:||Infinite via rotating dial|
|Warranty:||5 years on housing & wheels. 3 years on fan and motor. 1 year electrical, switches, displays, LED, neon lamps. 90 days UV bulbs, HEPA filter and Carbon filters.|