Primaloft Down Alternative Comforters
Primaloft comforters replicate the dreamy softness and warmth of down without the allergens. Sink into bed at night with this cozy comforter knowing you will sleep soundly and allergy-free. Its fluffy loft provides quality insulation that is light as a feather but without the quills that can prick and poke, common in cheaper down bedding. With sewn-in loops for use with your choice of decorative duvet cover, this medium-weight comforter will be comfy all year round.
- Suitable for use with duvet cover or by itself
- Medium weight for year round use
- Smooth 230 thread count ticking
- Box quilted construction
- Sewn-In Loops for use with any decorative duvet cover
- Free of down and feathers
- Machine washable and dryer safe for easy care
** Bonus Tip ** When washing, toss a couple tennis balls in the dryer with the comforter to help keep the filling evenly distributed.
Primaloft Down Alternative Comforters - A Closer Look
|Inches (W x L)||Centimeters (W x L)|
|Twin||66" x 86"||162 x 218|
|Full / Queen||90" x 90"||218 x 224|
|King||104" x 90"||264 x 224|
- Very warm and comfy!
- I bought a King size for my queen size bed so that it would hang down really long and I ADORE it! It is SO comfortable and an alternative to down b/c feathers pop out of everywhere on the down comforters! If you are looking for an inexpensive, BUT HIGH quality comforter.. GET THIS! I LOVE IT!
- Clean sleeping
- I recently became aware of how toxic bedding can be when I opened a brand new air mattress and couldn't sleep all night because of the fumes. With a little research, I came across this comforter for people with allergies and thought the price was great given the cost of "quality" comforters these days and I have a King size bed. I'm so glad I went with this one and not with other more expensive brands. It smells clean even right after you open it and keeps me warm and cozy through the night. It's soft and fluffy too! I am very pleased with it so far.
- My fiancÃ© recently discovered he's allergic to down, so for his sake I found your products on line and decided to give one of your Primaloft comforters a try. I really was not thrilled about having to change to a down alternative because I have so enjoyed sleeping under down comforters for decades now and I like the luxurious quality of the "real thing". My mom has a down alternative comforter that she has in her guest room and I really didn't like it..it just felt like a standard Dacron comforter..so I was skeptical..but your product sounded different so I went ahead and ordered one. I received my Primaloft comforter yesterday and I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! When I first took it out of the box, I was a little concerned because it felt pretty heavy and it made a crinkling noise I thought might bother me. I ordered the medium weight comforter and thought maybe it would be too warm for summer and that perhaps I should have ordered the light weight version. But once I got it shaken out and the weight was evenly distributed across my bed, it was perfect. Last night I was amazed at how much it felt like I was sleeping under a very high quality premium goosedown comforter. It lofts just like real down, but is even better than down because it holds it loft so much better than down does. The weight and insulation were just perfect and I can honestly say I haven't had such a wonderful night's sleep in ages. I felt perfectly insulated without ever being too warm. It breaths beautifully so I was in absolutely perfect comfort all night long and woke up feeling wonderfully well rested. Dare I say I love this comforter more than my real down comforter? Yes, I DO!! Thank you for a wonderful product, I highly recommend it!
- LOVE IT!
- I was concerned about putting a white comforter on my son's bed, but this one was absolutely beautiful and very warm. I ordered a colored blanket and folded it on top to help protect the white from my son's dirty hands. I will order one of these for my bed as well!
- No review title given
- This is the most comfortable comforter I have ever found. We now have three. One for each bed. My kids love it too!
- My review
- This comforter is very nice. Soft and comfortable and, along with some other allergy bedding, helping somewhat. The price seems reasonable as well.
- Love it!!
- Bought this because I have allergies and I wanted a "down" type white comforter to use in a duvet. I am very pleased with my purchase, I have had it for 6 months and have only had to wash it once. It has held up well so far...and has helped tremendously with the allergies. I was worried I would get too hot as I tend to sleep a little warm, but it has been extremely comfortable! The only thing I would maybe have done differently is to order a king for my queen duvet so it would fill it in a little more...but very happy with the comforter!!
- It has the comfortable warm puffy feel you want in a comforter. Even with the microbial cover, the shell felt fine. It is a little heavy but bearable. The only concern I had was that I got too warm sleeping in 68 degrees. Too bad there isn't a lighter primaloft model.
- Soft & Comfy
- The comforter is just as it is advertised. It is so light,warm, and comfortable. I will purchase another comforter in the near future.
- Because of my severe allergies and chemical sensitivities, we bought a king size for our bed. There was no mistake in our purchase. Warm, comfy, and allergy free. Now we bought one for our chemically safe travel trailer b/c I don't want any other kind!
- Love It!
- Had to give up my goose down comforter because of allergies and bought this as a replacement. I'm thrilled with the comforter - it feels exactly like my down comforter did, but without the sneezing, itchy eyes, etc. Absolutely love it!!!!
- Great buy
- This comforter is wonderful! It's perfectly warm in the winter-time, but light enough to use even when it's not freezing cold. It's also been a godsend for all of the allergy-sufferers in our family. We have had no issues at all with this blanket. I also love how you can wash it in a normal washing machine instead of dry cleaning. That is a huge savings! And it's really good quality. The quilting keeps the filling in place. We had bought a Queen-sized one last year and were so happy with it, we bought another one in King-size for our bed.
- Helped with allergies; a bit crinkly and lumpy
- The comforter definitely does what it's supposed to do; I haven't suffered from dust mite allergies since getting the comforter and encasing my pillows and mattress. But the comforter is not as soft as I'd like, and it makes a crinkling noise when I toss and turn at night. Sometimes when I place my hand down on the comforter, it feels like a bit lumpy, like small clumps of the filling has formed.
- My husband and I love this comforter. It is probably the most comfortable thing I have ever put on my bed. It even seems to adjust to the perfect tempature that is needed for sound sleeping. I recommend this product very highly.
- Heavenly comfort
- We have had our primaloft comforter for almost 2 years now and I have washed it twice. It is so comfortable, keeping you cozily warm and light as a feather! We love ours!
- Great comforter!
- I love this comforter and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Probably nicest comforter I've owned as far as fullness and comfort (not too hot or cold). Just as nice as any down comforter without the allergens!
- A Great Bargain
- Quality and price. Feels just like a down blanket without all the problems associated with Down. A must for allergic people looking for the feel and style of down.
- Nice but not enough for cold winter nights.
- I wanted to replace my son's down comforter because it was creating too much dust in his room... I bought this one but after using it for couple of nights I realized that it's not warm enough for winter nights. However, I have to say that basically it eliminated my dust problem. Hurray!
- Great Conforter
- Really love the conforter. It is light but warm and fits our King bed well. Also fits perfectly into a duvet.
- PRIMALOFT PERFECTION
- I cannot believe how I put up with my old down comforter so long now that I have my king Primaloft comforter!! No more sneezing and watery eyes after sleeping and sublime comfort. And it looks so neat and lofty in my duvet cover. I couldn't be happier.
- A COMFORTER OF COMFORT
- I've enjoyed having the comforter. It's like a big fluffy pillow. It has helped eliminate some of my allergies so that in the mornings I can breath better. I've also enjoyed how light weight and comfortable the comforter is.
- Not too warm and not too thin
- This is a really fantastic comforter. As a newly discovered dust mite alergy sufferer, I picked this up with an array of other bed room items. As I live in a warmish climate the comforter is just about right for me, not too heavy but not super thin either.
- Great surprise!
- I was really amazing not only of the price but of the feel of the comforter. I thought it wasn't going to be as "puffy" as a regular comforter or have a heavy feel but it didn't. I love it and have had many dreamy nights since using it!
- It's incredible. It feels just like a down conforter. I love it!
- Primaloft Comforters
- comfortable, warm, and hypoallergenic
- The Primaloft comforter I recently purchase online is amazing. It is my second Primaloft comforter and I am a sincere fan. I recommend them to anybody with dust mite allergies. Even if you don't have allergies, they are so comfy!
- Easy Living
- I was unsure if I would like the feel of this comforter and I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the package. It's light and so very comfy! I love it. After finding out I was highly allergic to dust mites I've been looking for something other than my store bought comforter. This was a great purchase, I can feel a difference already in the mornings when I wake up.
- A great product
- The comforter is great. It feels wonderful and I like the weight - not too heavy, not too light.
- the best comforter
- These are the best comforters! they feel just like the downs...and dry much faster in your own dryer than in commercial ones ( at least from my experience).
- MY down comforter has been shedding for months.Finally, I had enough! A friend of mine has the primaloft comforter and raved about it so I purchased one. The first night I put it my bed it just so happened my heat went out. My room was 52 degrees when I woke up, never felt a thing slept like a baby. Thanks
- Awesome Primaloft
- Very warm. We haven't even been using it with a blanket in December. It's a wonderful weight when you are sleeping....very cozy. I definitely recommend this product. Have not woken up with a stuffy nose since we purchased this.
- Allersoft Membrane Free Pillow Encasings
- The corners tend to bunch a little, making the corners of the pillows a little uncomfortable, but that may be the particular pillows I use, not the covers.
- Best Bedding
- Even if I didn't have horrible allergies I would love this quilt!! I put my feather bed into an allersoft duvet encasing and have that on the bottom and then I put the primaloft comforter on top - it's like being in a cozy cave. And it's really warm (I live in New England where the winters are COLD). I was surprised at how warm and comfy I was through the night with the primaloft comforter. And my asthma is much better. I've been sleeping through the night, which I wasn't able to do before using this quilt. THANK YOU!!!
- It's warm, comfortable and Hypo-allergenic. Just what I wanted at the right price.
- Primaloft Comforters
- Feels fabulous! I'm so excited to jump into bed and snuggle down with this "imposter". I have allergies to goose down, but my husband loves the feel of down and this product is a wonderful compromise!
- Allersoft Membrane Free Duvet Encasings
- We love it! It's soft enough and comfortable enough to use without a duvet cover, and attractive enough as well!
- Allersoft Membrane Free Mattress Encasings
- Very easy to put on and take off - even with a king size mattress!
- Nice but a bit crunchy
- I think the quality of the comforter is great, but the texture of the encasing is a bit stiff and crunchy. I'm sure that this will subside a bit after a few washings. I like the weight, and it's very warm, without being suffocating. Definitely a purchase I would recommend.
- Primalot Comforters
- I love this comforter. It keeps you very warm but is not heavy. I would recommend it to any allergy suffer.
- My husband and are pleasantly surprise on how warm the Primaloft comforter. It's a great value!
- soft and cozy
- I love having a real comforter!! and I feel safe using it! I have horrendous allergies to many things, and they were worse at night. Since I have used this comfy comforter I had have no asthma attacks waking me up. I am super sensitive, and I was hoping I wouldn't be allergic to this-- I seem to be fine with it! Also, I encased it in their allersoft duvet cover just to be safe. It is wonderfully comfy and fluffy and sooo warm ( i live in Minnesota!) So far it is all I hoped!
- We love it!
- We love our king size primaloft comforter. A family member with allergies told us about it and said his only complaint was the little bit of rustling noise it makes when moving. We have a duvet cover so that doesn't bother us a bit. It's warm enough that we don't even need an extra blanket. We would highly recommend this comforter to anyone who has allergies and likes the feel of down comforters.
- Who needs Down?
- Comfortable, warm, easy to clean. Who needs down when you can have primaloft? It looks like a down comforter, doesn't taste like one it's primaloft.
- Primaloft comforter is nice
- My new comforter is not quite as fluffy as I had hoped - I had a real down comforter before. But the weight is perfect for where I live and it serves its purpose well
- So far so good
- I can't really notice a difference yet as I've been sneezing like crazy. Hope it'll kick in soon. Only been on it for a week now.
- too short
- We have a Primaloft Elegance comforter and were looking for one similar for our queen sized bed in guest room. Unfortunately the one we ordered from you was a couple of inches shorter than standard queen/full size measurements plus it was heavy, not soft and cloud like. We had to return it but other than that, the service was good!
Write Your Own Review
Finally an alternative for down lovers! This comforter has the look and feel of a real down comforter, without the allergens or feathers. I was really reluctant to part with my down comforter but was tired of waking up morning after morning with aggravated allergies, sneezing, congestion and coughing. After sleeping with the PrimaLoft comforter for one night I was sold.
What I like about Primaloft Comforters
- Medium weight - great for year round use
- Machine wash and dry - no dry cleaning necessary
- Feels like down - extremely soft fill is plush and comfortable
- Allergen-Free - no down or feathers
- Rolled edges for greater durability
- Sewn-in loops to use with decorative or allergy duvet cover
What I do not like about Primaloft Comforters
- Only comes in white, but many people will use the sewn-in loops with a decorative duvet cover.
In summary, I love this comforter! I would recommend it to anyone who loves the feel of down but copes with allergies. Some people will use this alternative down comforter with an allergy duvet cover, but because it can be machine washed and dried (in hot water), regularly cleaning can reduce the need for the cover. The cost of a Primaloft can be higher than a traditional poly-fill comforter but the luxurious feel is comparable to that of a much more expensive down comforter.