Respro Sportsta Masks
The Respro Sportsta mask combines HEPA-Type filtration performance associated with sub-micron pollutants such as pollen and other irritant dusts with a lightweight Neotex aerated mask. The Sportsta mask offers maximum ventilation without sacrificing filtration and to maximize rider performance. The state of the art Powa valves are a standard feature and a must for all who ride their bikes to the limit. The Sportsa is perfect to wear when you are cycling, mountain biking, jogging, skiing, snowboarding, motor cross, horseback riding, speed walking, and climbing.
This mask conforms to European Standard EN149FFP1(S) for solid aerosol particles and is usable in all outdoor sports activities requiring respiratory protection. This mask protects against pollen dust, building dust, clay dust, grain dust, carbon dust, house dust, diesel smoke, and tar. This mask should not be used for protection against fine particles, gases, vapors, or paint sprays.
Respro Allergy Mask Sizing Chart
• Large Sportsta Mask, distance from top to bottom: 4.75". Fits people under 6' in height - most men.
• Medium Sportsta Mask, distance from top to bottom: 4.5". Fits people under 5' 6" in height - most women.
Respro Sportsta Masks - A Closer Look
Sportsta Mask Filters
The Sportsta filter in the mask works on the basis of charged fibers attracting and retaining fine dust particles down to 0.3 microns in size as the air flows through the filter. Most other filters usually work on a basis of purely mechanical retention which is often associated with poor breathability and low air flow. The Sportsta filter has an extremely low inhalation resistance compared to other filters. It has a hypo-allergenic layer that will prevent irritation to the face being caused as a result of dust particles being retained while the mask is being worn. The material has a wicking effect to remove any water away from the surface and to keep the inside of the mask dry.
- Best Relief Available
- Nothing helped me as much as this mask! I am on medication, immunization therapy and do all of the things allergy sufferers should do to eliminate allergens in their environment. Still, I was getting sick. After missing a week of work, I researched masks and found this to be the best solution for me. It is comfortable, cool, and it WORKS! I am not taking as much medication now and feel better than I ever have. I have even had bikers ask me where to get one.
- Effective and sporty
- I where this every other day and greatly prefer it to other masks I've been using. I never feel as much relief as when I'm wearing it. I'd give it five stars if the fit was a little better. I'm continually lifting it up as there is a tendency for it to pull downward while I'm riding.
- Works well but fit not great
- After a couple days of wear in high mold area I noticed a significant difference in my allergy symtoms. The fit for me was good at nose area but loose at jaw line. I wish the strap was above ear instead of around my neck. Also after opening there is a strong chemical smell and would recommend to let is sit out for a few days before wearing.
- Too small
- Many of Respro's masks seem to have sizing problems. As a 6'2", 230lb male, even the large mask was far too small for me.
- The Real Deal
- I've got rhinitis, I'm taking allergy s for oaks and grass, and I live on a farm in Ctrl Fla where the #1 job is mowing. This mask is a godsend. I initially bought the cheaper 3M 6291. While good, it's not as strong as this one. Highly Recommended!
- A must have for cyclists and runners!
- I couldn't be happier with my Respro Sportsta Mask. I use to get a cough and a tickle in my throat after exercising sort of like a nasal drip feeling but now I am fine even when biking in heavy traffic and on dusty days. I was very pleased to find that the mask isn't THAT hot, even over your mouth. Even running in 100 degree weather I have had no problems. The only things that I had to get used to were 1. I find it difficult to breathe through my nose when wearing the mask. 2. If you have a big nose, the metal bar can be a little uncomfortable. I try to push it up toward the top of my nose and that seems to help a lot. 3. Breathing is a little tougher with the filter I am using the provided filter, and I find I am slowing down about 10%-15% when wearing. But none of these things have kept me from wearing my mask every time I go out. I exercise for health and not competition, so the slower speeds are fine with me, especially knowing my throat and lungs are being taken care of.
- Great Product
- I have really bad allergies and asthma I am not able to go outside without this mask or my eyes and lungs swell shut this is a great product and I am able to live because of it would be nice if it was sold in other colors than black.
- Game Changer
- I purchased my allergy mask two weeks ago. I am a weekend worrier doing all the outside work and playing basketball on the weekends. After wearing this mask for the last two weekends, I was not sick on Monday due to my allergies blowing up on me on Sunday. A great product for allery sufferers!!
- Oklahoma Allergies
- Great protection for Bikers with allergies, will recommend to anyone
- Respro Sportsta Mask
- I had an anaphylactic reaction while running. Allergy testing determined a some severe allergies. I now wear this mask if I am doing heavy, "dirty" housework, or if I will be outdoors very long. This has made a huge difference in my life. You would think it would be hard to breath, but the air valve design seems to handle that. I recommend it for people with life threatening environmental allergies.
- No review title given
- This product works great.Had a Double Lung Transplant over a year ago.Works great.
- Excellent help
- I have extreme asthma. Needed something to help me go between car and buildings. This has been great. Because of the nice vents, the mask itself does not cause an asthma attack like the others I've tried. I would recommend.
- Bob - an allergy sufferer
- This mask exceeded my expectations. It has made a major difference in my life. I can ride my bike & mow the lawn without suffering severe headaches & nasal congestion. At first it seems a little hard to breathe thru but you quickly adjust to it
- works perfectly
- I have allergy and asthma issues especially after yardwork. I bought the mask and gave it a try and it worked perfectly. I would recomned this product to anyone with allergy issues.
Write Your Own Review
Respro Sportsta Mask
Evidence of the harmful effects of air pollution continue to grow. Until air quality improves, masks can help protectthe lungs of allergy and asthma sufferers. The Respro Sportsta is the perfect mask if you are an active outdoor person that participates in any number of sports. Ideally an allergy mask, the Respro Sportsta filters out common allergens and air pollution found in cities and more urban areas.
What I like about the Respro Sportsta Mask
- Rapid air flow
- Velcro fastening
- HEPA-type filter conforms to European standards
- Choice if two sizes
- Filters out exhaust emissions
- Durable and washable
- This mask is not going to protect against strong chemicals pollutants beyond common city air pollution.