Santa Fe Classic Basement Dehumidifiers
No one likes having a wet or damp basement. From mildew odors and mold growth to insects, a damp basement can affect the entire health of your home, but there is a way to reduce or eliminate all of these things with one simple solution. The Santa Fe Classic dehumidifier is the ideal home appliance to keep your basement dry for years to come. With durable construction, a powerful yet energy efficient motor, and superior quality, the Classic dehumidifier effectively dries spaces up to 2500 sq. ft. Useful features and a variety of optional accessories (condensate pump or ducting kits) give you the flexibility to configure, mount and set up this model to meet your exact needs, and with a vertical configuration and flow-down design, the Santa Fe Classic is unmatched in ease-of-use, versatility and efficiency. When many conventional dehumidifiers have stopped removing water from the air, the Santa Fe Classic continues to protect your family and your home.
Santa Fe Classic Basement Package
The Santa Fe Classic is a highly versatile basement dehumidifier, but there may be instances where gravity is working against the flow of the extracted moisture. For situations like these, the Classic Basement Package is the ideal solution. This kit provides all the tools you need to push moisture to a floor drain or sink even when that means having to pump the water vertically. The supplied length of 20' of hose provides all the reach you will need while the included humidity gauge provides real-time reading of indoor and outdoor humidity and temperature (via a wireless, remote sensor) as well as time, date and other useful information. The pump conveniently bolts to the body of the Classic for a neat, clean appearance without a lot of hassle or mess.
- Removes 110 pints per day, AHAM (@ 60% RH, 80° F)
- Energy Star Qualified
- Powerful 275 CFM fan move air efficiently throughout large basements or crawlspaces
- Auto Defrost and Auto Restart (after power outage) features
- Casters for easy movement throughout your basement
- Condensate Pump Ready for drying areas where a standard gravity drain is not possible
- Steel Construction
- Ductable for drying specific areas or can be tied into existing HVAC structure
- Quiet operation considering the amount of air that is moving. Quiet compressor due to sturdy and well-built construction
- 2 Stage Air Filtration, Includes a MERV 11 air filter and a washable, coarse dust pre-filter for superior air filtration.
- One of the industry's best warranties - 5 Years (Refrigeration System), 1 Year (Parts & Labor)
- Free Humidity Gauge (Mail-In-Rebate)
- Long 10' Power Cord provides plenty of reach for any standard basement
- Made in the USA
- Solved a musty basement
- We are planning to refinish part of our basement and we wanted to make sure we could control the moisture levels first. Our contractor suggested the Santa Fe Classic dehumidifier. We absolutely love how it has lowered the humidity level AND removed the musty smell in our basement. We plan to buy the duct kit once the refinishing is complete. Purchasing from achoo allergy was a breeze.
- Santa Fe Classic Basement
- Have had unit for 10 weeks now and so far am happy with the performance. My 1000 sq.ft. basement humidity was typically about 74%. The existing humidifier had ped it to 69% but the basement still smelled clammy and some items I had in a safe had mold growing on them. I set this unit at the recommended setting and my humidity ped to about 60%. I wanted below 50% so I put the unit on its max setting to see what I could get. It ran constantly for about 10 days before I got to 50% but it would not go any lower according to my old analog hygrometer . Just to be sure I bought a better unit and it indicated 36%! Seeing that the accuracy was +/- 6% it was at most 42%. In the end I was able to back down the setting on the unit so it doesn't run as much. 1st electric bill jumped quite a bit. Hoping for lower cost with the new setting. The wife is much happier now with the smell gone with the washer and dryer in the basement. For the cost they should include a humidistat. I rarely give anything 5 stars. If it runs 10 years I'll give it 5 stars :!
Write Your Own Review
Santa Fe Classic Dehumidifier
A wet basement can be a serious problem in your home. Not only does it encourage mold and mildew growth but also creates the perfect environment for insects. These are two really good reasons to keep your basement or crawlspace dry, and one of the most popular ways to accomplish this and maintain a drier home, free of mold is with the Santa Fe Classic Dehumidifier, designed specifically for basements. Let's breakdown the strengths and weaknesses of this dehumidifier.
What I like about the Santa Fe Classic
Capacity - The AHAM rating for the Santa Fe Classic is 110 pints. So in very warm, humid conditions (80° with 60% RH), the Classic is right in line with most large basement dehumidifiers. The capacity is higher than some of your more traditional models that people use in basements, like Danby, Kenmore, etc., and this is largely due to a stronger blower with a higher CFM. At 275 CFM, the Classic can cycle through over 16,500 cubic feet of air per hour. So, in a basement with an eight foot ceiling you're talking about the ability to cycle through ALL the air in a space that is 45 ft. x 45 ft. That's a big basement!
Energy Star Rated - Not only does the Classic dry large spaces, but it does so with less expense than comparable basement dehumidifiers. Unlike others, the Santa Fe Classic exceeds Energy Star standards. Per kilowatt, this model can extract over six pints of water. Though the initial cost of the Classic is going to be higher than other models, you tend to make that up on your monthly power bill in short order. Compared to some basement dehumidifiers this is going translate into HALF as much of a monthly increase in your electric bill.
Durable - You won't find any plastic with the Santa Fe Classic basement dehumidifier. The vast majority of this unit is steel, including the exterior housing and internal structure. This does add some weight, but the upside is a model that's built to last.
Filtration - In a crawlspace, air filtration isn't quite as important as in a basement, and most filters used in dehumidifiers tend to only trap the larger particles that can clog up the motor/blower and coils. The Classic provides some of the best air filtration of any dehumidifier available, not only keeping the air clean for the blower but, more importantly, for you as well! First, there is a washable, large particle prefilter to trap visible particles like hair and dust bunnies. Next, there is a MERV 11 pleated filter. This filter traps particles as small as one micron. For your basement this means additional air filtration beyond what your normal furnace filter would provide.
Additional Features & Add-Ons - Auto Restart and Auto Defrost are both features that help to keep the Santa Fe Classic running even when conditions aren't the best. The included casters are one feature that make the Classic uniquely suited for basements. In addition to these built-in features, the Classic is built to be customized. From ducting and mounting kits to condensate pump kits, the Classic is made adaptable to your specific situation.
American Made - Each Santa Fe dehumidifier is crafted in Wisconsin, which makes this brand one of the few that is actually built here in the U.S.
What I did not like about the Santa Fe Classic
With nearly all Santa Fe dehumidifiers, there's simply no getting around initial cost. However, Santa Fe dehumidifiers are much like Miele vacuums in this regard. You may pay a little more up front, but in the long run you save. With the Santa Fe Classic you save not only because this basement dehumidifier is well built and will likely last you many, many years, but you save over comparable models with regard to how much you'll pay to operate it. The power usage is lower and more efficient than most comparable models and a savings of $15-$25 per month on your electric bill can add up fast.
The other drawback with this model is the weight. It's a hefty machine for sure! The lack of plastic and emphasis on durable steel construction do contribute to it weighing more. The included casters do provide some added mobility that is lacking with other basement humidifiers, and overall size is similar to most other basement dehumidifier models.
The Santa Fe Classic basement dehumidifier is easily one of the top three most popular models offered. It's well built, durable, extremely efficient, and can make a dramatic difference to the overall health of your home. By lowering humidity the Classic can stop mold and drive insects out of your basement while reducing mildew odors and actually improving indoor air quality. One other thing to keep in mind, the warranty for Santa Fe dehumidifiers has improved. Each model is now covered by a two year parts and labor warranty as well as the five year warranty of the refrigerant. That's an extra year longer than nearly any other model available. While the cost can be higher than other models, power consumption is less, and you can take some pride in owning one of the few home appliances that is still made right here in the U.S. If a wet basement is your problem, the Santa Fe Classic dehumidifier is the solution you're looking for!
Santa Fe Classic Basement Dehumidifiers Specifications
|Recommended For:||Basement / Crawlspace (+3' Overhead Clearance)|
|Coverage:||2500 Sq. Ft.|
|Water Removal:||110 Pints per day @ 60% RH, 80° F|
|Power Supply:||115v, 6.4 Amps with 10' power cord|
|Energy Factor:||6.3 Pints/kWh (2.98 L/kWh)|
|Effective Operating Range:||From 56° F - 95° F (will operate as low as 41° F)|
|Air Filter(s):||Two (16" x 20" x 2" MERV 11 AND Washable Prefilter)|
|Drain:||9/16" ID (5' Hose Included)|
|Dimensions:||20" W x 36" H x 17" L|
|Warranty:||5 Year on Sealed System, 2 Year Parts and Labor|