SEBO Airbelt D4 Vacuum Cleaners
The SEBO Airbelt D4 Premium was made with you in mind. It has all the standard features customers are accustomed to when it comes to SEBO, plus several new features. This model will save you time and money with a new 40 foot power cord and an extra large 1.5 gallon filter bag. It adds cleaning versatility with 3 on board tools, ET powerhead and SEBO Parquet tool. With the help of designer Professor Achim Heine, SEBO invented a stylish new design that perfectly blends form and function. It comes equipped with a high quality stainless steel telescopic tube and an optimized air flow and tapered hose for more suction power. And with SEBO's S-class filtration, it is perfect for allergy and asthma sufferers alike. In three modern, high-gloss colors, you can select the Airbelt that will best meet your cleaning needs.
- Hospital-grade S-class filtration system captures allergens like dust, mold, and pollen with 99.9% effectiveness down to 0.3 microns.
- An extra large 1.5-gallon filter bag for fewer bag changes with a hygienic seal so that no dust can escape.
- Lightweight and compact for easy operation and storage.
- User-friendly - easy to use & maintain.
- Powerful 1250 Watt Motor provides suction for cleaning any surface.
- Telescopic wand with adjustable height for easy use, storage, and carrying.
- Patented Airbelt bumper made with soft textile-covered foam absorbs the impact protecting furniture, walls, and the unit itself.
- Swivel Neck allowing for 320° rotation of the suction hose offering more flexibility than ever before.
- Variable Suction Control on Ergonomic Handle lets you adjust suction for gentle or aggressive cleaning.
- Each D4 Premium comes standard with the SEBO Parquet Tool, perfect for tile, linoleum and wood floors, as well as the ET-1 powerbrush for carpet and rugs.
- The ET-1 powerbrush has four height adjustments as well as suction control, making it ideal for carpet of all densities and heights.
- Rubber coated castor-wheels that glide gently and protect floor surfaces and rotates 360° for maximum maneuverability.
- Full-size on-board tools including a crevice tool, upholstery nozzle, and dusting brush.
- Thermal cut-out protects motor from over-heating.
- Astounding 50 ft. cleaning radius and 40 foot power cord with Auto Rewind.
- Space saving Park Feature eliminates mess and allows for neat and easy storage when not in use.
- 5 Year Warranty on the motor and non-wear parts; 1 year warranty on labor.
SEBO Airbelt D4 Vacuum Cleaners - A Closer Look
- Three Integrated, Onboard Tools
- 15" ET-2 Power Brush
- SEBO Premium Parquet Floor Tool
- Extra Large, 1.5 Gal, Sealable Dust Bag
- Amazing Sebo D4 Canister Vacuum
- I am so glad I purchased this vacuum. The quality is top notch and it cleans extremely well. I have tile, wood, and wall to wall carpeting in my home. It tackles each one of these effortlessly. It has a 40 ft cord that allows me to plug it in one electrical outlet to clean my entire one story home. 3 tools stored on board are the crevice tool, upholstery tool, and a dusting brush with soft bristles. The D4 also comes with a parquet floor tool for all your hard surface flooring. The suction on the vacuum is controlled from the handle with + and - buttons. The on button has an led light, that circles the button. The faster it goes the more suction you have, the slower it goes the less suction you have. All you have to do is look at the led to judge the amount of suction. The power nozzle that comes with this vacuum is one of the best I have ever used. Your carpets will look brand new. If you get hair or string wrapped around the brush roll no problem. The brush roll pops out for easy cleaning. If you have delicate carpets, Sebo offers a softer brush roll that can be changed out in less than a minute. The Sebo D4 has an extra large easy to change dust bag and two filters that need changing after 8 dust bags are used. This is a completely sealed system with better that HEPA filtration. The price is comparable to Miele's and less than the top of the line Aerus cleaners. If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner, please take a look at the Sebo D4. You won't be disappointed.
Write Your Own Review
SEBO Airbelt D4 Premium Vacuum Cleaners
In an expansion of the SEBO line of canister vacuum cleaners, the SEBO Airbelt D4 vacuum cleaners truly gives SEBO a premium series of canister vacuums, comparable to other high end canister vacuum cleaner manufacturers. The D4 canister series retains the feature that have made SEBO the vacuum cleaner of choice amongst cleaning professionals. Add to this several upgraded features that the older Airbelt vacuums lacked, and you have a top of the line canister vacuum cleaner well suited for any type of flooring. With your demo model, this is what I found.
The D4 canisters are very similar in that the features are identical to each other with the only difference between them being the color. Other than this, the floor tools, features, and price are all the same. For my testing purposes, I was using the model pictured, the Airbelt D4 in black with the ET-1.
What I like about the SEBO D4 Vacuums
Out of the box the first thing you will notice is the style of this canister. It has a very unique look to it, similar but different than the canisters that have come before it. As you power the unit up you'll notice the LED around the power switch lights up. This rotates around the power knob and correlating with the current suction level of the vacuum. I have to admit, while not really functional, this LED does complement the look of the the Airbelt.
I used the standard SEBO Parquet tool on the tile and hardwoods found in our kitchen, living room and foyer. This smooth floor tool works well on the smooth flat surfaces and picked up dirt and pet hair with no problem. As a note, I would recommend you brush off the floor tool periodically, particularly if you have pets. The pet hair can occasionally catch around the bristles. What I have done before with other vacuums is disconnect the floor tool, then use the suction straight from the wand to remove and debris that may get caught in the smooth floor tool's bristles. Very satisfied with the performance on smooth flooring, I switched to the ET-1 powerhead to try my luck on the carpet in our bedroom and the rugs at our entryways.
On carpet the unit worked well. What I have always liked about the ET power brushes is the ability to edge. They perform very well, especially when compared to other canister style vacuum cleaners on carpeted surfaces. The suction combined with the power of the motor turning the brush roll was more than adequate to remove pet hair, dirty footprints and spilled potting soil from the carpeting we have. It pulled carpet that had been crushed flat, upright again. My only drawback to this powerhead is the height adjustment. Unlike some vacuums that have an auto adjustment built in or a foot pedal, the ET series powerhead uses a turn dial. That is not uncommon, so I can't fault it too much, especially when I take into account the suction and deep cleaning ability of this model.
As with all SEBO vacuum cleaners, the Airbelt D4 has S-Class filtration. This includes not only a dust bag but also a motor filter and Hospital Grade filter. This filter traps and removes ultra fine particles with nearly identical efficiency as a HEPA filter. The Ultra-Bag is also electrostatically charged to help attract and retain small particles. Overall, the filtration of the SEBO is a primary reason why SEBO vacuums are common in commercial use, particularly in hospitals. In the home, this level of filtration is superior to nearly all less expensive vacuums that you will find in big box stores.
On the handle of this model there are suction controls which adds convenience by saving you from bending over to switch suction levels while moving from carpet to a rug. The auto rewind feature is also found on this model as well as a protective bumper that acts as a cushion between the Airbelt and furniture or walls, while you clean. The casters allow for smooth movement across any surface, and surprisingly, this model was fairly quiet while operating.
What I do not like about the SEBO D4 Vacuums
Though the dust bags are very large, and you do save time and money on fewer bag changes, SEBO created a brand new style of bag for this line of canister vacuums. The bag style change just makes it a little more difficult to get replacements since the older bag styles have been widely distributed. As a final note on the dust bags, the snap enclosure is certainly better than bagless vacuums and an upgrade over dust bags that have no way to be sealed, but a spring-loaded or self sealing bag is better for keeping all dirt and allergens trapped inside the bag while you replace it.
As far as SEBO vacuum cleaners go, the price of the Airbelt D4 Premium is at the very upper end. But like top-of-the line vacuum cleaners of other manufacturers, these vacuums tend to far outlast cheaper vacuums while providing better filtration and more value added features. So while the initial cost may be high, when factoring in the length of service the SEBO D4 will provide, it is a little easier to justify.
While I have to admit that I personally prefer upright vacuums over canisters, the SEBO Airbelt is likely the best SEBO that I have tested. The cleaning and edging was superior while the mobility and weight made the unit easy to move from surface to surface. Ease of use was a big bonus (that auto rewind is always something I miss while using an upright), and the look is, well, distinctive. With pricing being my largest complaint, for the money, this vacuum is in line with the high-end, value rich models offered by other top vacuum manufacturers.
SEBO Airbelt D4 Vacuum Cleaners Specifications
|Filter Bag Type:||Multi-layer, Ultra Bag Filterbag|
|Filter bag volume:||1.5 Gallon|
|Hard Floor Tool:||SEBO Parquet Tool|
|Carpet Tool:||Black/White - ET-1 Powerhead|
|Cleaning Width:||ET-1: 12 in., ET-2: 15 in.|
|Swivel Neck:||Yes, 320°|
|Adjustable Telescopic Wand:
|Electronic Suction Control:||Yes, on handle|
|Auto Rewind Cord:||Yes, 40 ft.|
|Included Accessories:||Crevice Tool, Upholstery Nozzle, Dusting Brush|
|Cleaning radius:||50 ft.|
|Body Weight:||15 lbs.|
|Vacuum motor:||1250 Watt|
|Air Flow:||120 CFM|
|Warranty:||5 Year Limited|