SEBO Automatic X4 Upright Vacuum Cleaners
The SEBO Automatic X4 is the perfect vacuum for someone who wants an intelligent, professional-grade carpet cleaning machine. The automatic height adjustment identifies the height of the carpet and the brush roll adjusts accordingly while powerful suction removes dirt, debris and soil. The SEBO Automatic X4 vacuum has a very thin, lay-flat profile of just 5 1/2", ideal for vacuuming under furniture throughout the home or office. With the quick release wand and included accessories, you can dust, clean upholstered furniture or reach those hard-to-clean areas that often forgotten. S-class filtration removes 99.9% of particles 0.3 microns or larger, including dander and pollen while a sealable, hygienic dust bag traps allergens and debris for hygienic disposal. Available in four colors, the SEBO Automatic X4 vacuum offers everything you need to clean carpet, and the X4 Pet works great in homes with pets!
- Superior hospital-grade S-class filtration system captures 99.9% of allergens 3.0 microns and larger like dust, mold, and pollen.
- Optional HEPA filtration captures household allergens with 99.97% effectiveness down to 0.3 microns.
- Easy-change bag with hygienic seal so that no dust can escape
- Allergy Friendly as approved by the British Allergy Foundation and Allergy UK.
- Automatic height adjustment raises or lowers power head automatically to proper cleaning height; this guarantees the best performance on all floor types.
- On-board tools include an upholstery nozzle, dusting brush, and crevice tool.
- The new Automatic X4 Pet vacuum is available in red and comes with all the features of a standard X4 but also includes the SEBO handheld turbobrush and 9' extension hose.
- Ergonomic handle.
- Large 40-foot operating radius.
- 12-inch wide cleaning path.
- Instant-use active wand with a reach of eight feet for easy spot cleaning and dusting.
- Flat-to-the-floor profile for easy cleaning under furniture and beds
- The "brain" of the X4 upright features warning & indicators as well as automatic shut-off to guide and protect your vacuum cleaner.
- Quick-release brush head for easy removal and replacement of worn bristles.
- The reinforced toothed belt comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Colors available are white, red, navy, and black.
- 5-Year Warranty on motor, non-wear parts and labor.
- Mercedes of Vacuums
- We've had our SEBO for about 8 years now. Other than the height adjustment occasionally taking time to realize a difference in carpet height, the machine performs wonderfully. We have a Golden Retriever, Rottweiler and previously had too cats, now a toddler! This machine handles everything we put in front of it. No disappointments!
- Great vacuum, buy it!!!
- After going through 3 top of the line Hoover and Electrolux vacuums in the past 10 years, I was done. My daughter has had her one SEBO for the past 8 years with absolutely NO problems. I went to the local vacuum store, where they sell and repair most brands. He asked me what I wanted in a vacuum and we looked and tried out a few top rated ones. Then I asked "which one comes in the least for repair?".... He immediately said the SEBO. I bought the X4 and the shop owner included a set of filters and bags to last a year or so. After 6 months I can say that it was a very good decision. Not very heavy to carry upstairs compared to the other uprights I had. Very good product!
- Great when it works!
- Loved this machine until, just after the guarantee expired the motor blew. Decided to replace the motor at great expense before moving to Australia & hoped for no more hassles. Just less than 9 months later it has blown again, and there is seemingly no come-back for the 2 year guarantee here. Very disappointed. Dont know if I was just unlucky, & then made the mistake of bringing it to Oz. Never been heard of here apparently. Worked great when it worked.
- Worth every penny!
- My wife and I walked into a Dyson authorized service center...after our Dyson's motor clutch blew. Despite the age; Dyson agreed to repair it under warranty; said they hadn't heard of that problem often. The store owner asked us if we really LIKED the Dyson; I said I wasn't that thrilled with it; it was loud, not that impressive in the cleaning department...and if it was blown after a couple years' use, what good was it? The store, Ace Vacuums, had plenty of brands, including Miele, Eureka, Electrolux, etc--even some traded-in Dysons and Kirbys. 90 minutes later; we left with an X4 Extra AND a Health Way air cleaner. We are both extremely impressed with its ease of use, cleaning ability and, perhaps most important--ease of maintenance. Little things--like the slide-out roller brush and the proprietary bags and filters that are so easy to change. Add to that the logic-controlled carpet height and motor/belt protection and we were sold. Seldom do I rave about an appliance. Five stars for us. We spent an entire evening vacuuming! Pet hair, pills, everything--gone! Buy it without reservation. It makes everything we've seen pale by comparison, regardless of price.
Write Your Own Review
SEBO Automatic X4 Vacuum Cleaner
SEBO vacuum cleaners have enjoyed a lot of praise when it comes to commercial use. From durability and ease of use to cleaning ability and versatility, the same features that have made SEBO commercial vacuum cleaners so popular in hotels and businesses around the world are the same features rolled into the SEBO Automatic X4 upright vacuum cleaner. With your choice of four colors, each is lightweight but an extremely powerful and effective vacuum on carpet of any height. Let's take a closer look at what makes the Automatic X4 ideal for carpet and why it might be a good fit in your home.What I liked about the SEBO Automatic X4
On carpeted surfaces, the X4 shines. The brushroll is powerful deep cleans while refreshing crushed carpet. Unique to the Automatic X series of SEBO vacuums, the X4 features an automatic height adjustment feature. So as you transition from low pile to higher pile carpet, the cleaning head will actually raise, by itself, to accommodate the higher carpet. This vacuum is also very effective in removing pet hair from carpet fiber, and provides extremely access to the brushroll, for cleaning or replacing worn brush roll bristles. But what is an excellent vacuum for carpet without powerful suction? The X4 features a 1300 watt motor that not provides the power to remove ground in soil, and is built to provide with out a good twelve to fifteen years of reliable use.
For anyone concerned with allergies, asthma or indoor air quality, the SEBO Automatic X4 features S-Class filtration, including an electrostatic microfilter that traps and holds 99.9% of particles 0.3 microns or larger. This covers the majority of your common allergen triggers like pollen, dust mites, and dander. Seals throughout the vacuum ensure that all the air that flows through the vacuum is filtered, and a large, sealable dust bag traps dirt and debris for hygienic disposal when you're finished. Overall, the SEBO X4 vacuum does less polluting of your indoor air and more cleaning throughout your home.The overall style and design of the X4 is fairly lightweight. As a full-size upright it only weighs around 16 lbs., which is light enough for most people to carry up and down steps without any issues. This vac was also designed to lay flat on the floor. Most of your traditional, bulky uprights cannot do this, and the advantage is that this lay-flat design allows for easy cleaning under furniture. It's not a slim as the wand & floor tool of a canister vacuum, but when flat, it measures only 5 1/2" tall, thin enough to get under most beds with ease.
Compared to SEBO Felix uprights, the X4 upright has a few advantages. First, it's quieter. At less than 70 decibels, it's not as quiet as a Miele, but won't make as much noise as most comparable uprights (including Dyson). Second, it comes standard with all three accessory tools. On the Felix, I miss the dusting brush, since it is often the mini accessory that I use the most. Lastly, it has a wider cleaning radius. You'll get about five extra feet of cleaning reach, due to a longer cord, with the Automatic X4 vacuum.
As a new addition the SEBO Automatic X4 line, there is not an X4 Pet vacuum cleaner. This model is the standard X4, in red, but comes with the SEBO handheld turbobrush and nine foot extension hose. These tools provide greater reach and the ability to better remove pet hair from upholstery, car interiors and steps.
Like all SEBO vacuums, the Automatic X4 upright comes with their comprehensive 5 year warranty, durable ABS construction and can be upgraded to full HEPA filtration at any time.
What I did not like about the Automatic X4
Lack of brush roll control and lack of suction control are two big drawbacks. If you are considering this vacuum for spaces where you're just cleaning carpet, no problem. However, if you need something for smooth floors, you have two good options. Either purchase a smooth floor tool and wand extension so you can your the hose/wand into something suitable to clean larger areas of smooth flooring, or go with a Felix or other upright with brushroll control. I will say though, that the sweep on the back of the cleaning head does help some, so if you have smaller areas, like say a hallway, small kitchen or foyer area of smooth flooring, the X4 will likely suffice.
As for suction control, I've used a LOT of different vacuum cleaners, and only rarely do I ever adjust the suction below the max setting. On rugs, occasionally and once in a while while dusting I've adjusted suction. And since I wash drapes, I personally have little use for it, though others may.