steam cleaning has swept the nation by storm because, compared to traditional mopping, it's quicker, easier,
more cost-effective, safer for people, and safer for the environment. Toss out that tattered mop, along with
that old mop bucket and those hazardous cleaning chemicals.
How Vapor Steam Cleaning Works
Just add a bit of water to the tank, and much like a cappuccino machine, a vapor steam cleaner heats water inside a boiling chamber. The boiling water produces
steam, and in the pressured boiler, its temperature climbs higher than the boiling point. This process produces extremely hot, dry
steam with very little moisture content, which means that floors and other surfaces dry almost instantly. The hot steam also kills bacteria, viruses, dust mites,
mold and other allergens, sanitizing floors and surfaces without chemicals, their residue or toxic vapors.
Note: A vapor steam cleaner greatly differs from a hot water extractor, which is sometimes incorrectly referred to as a carpet "steam cleaner." Hot water
extractors actually leave carpets wet for long periods of time and may lead to problems with mold and dust mites.
The Benefits of Vapor Steam Cleaning
- The steam's low moisture and high temperature penetrates deeper into cracks, crevices and the tiny pores found even in hard surfaces, cleaning more effectively than traditional mopping
which only treats the outer surface.
- The high temperature of the steam sanitizes the floor, killing dust mites, mold, and germs - all without hazardous chemicals or the lengthy well times
that chemical cleaners often require for true sanitization.
- Save money by not having to buy cleaning chemicals and disinfectants - and improve your health by avoiding exposure to them and their harmful vapors.
- Vapor steam cleaning doesn't leave behind chemical residues - they will actually remove residue left from previous cleanings.
- No need for buckets full of dirty, chemical-laden water that can damage the environment or end up in your drinking water supply. And, as
another bonus, vapor steam cleaning uses much less water than traditional mopping.
- No need for "Caution: Wet Floor" signs. The vapor dries almost immediately.
- No strenuous scrubbing required. Low moisture steam vapor penetrates, so just let the steam do all the work!
Keep reading Allergy Consumer Report or to learn more
about steam cleaners visit our New to Steam Cleaners page,
Steam Cleaner Buying Guide or view our
entire line of Vapor Steam Cleaners.